“A Great Time at Acapulco, Beach Resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Acapulco Hotel & Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2505 South Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #62 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“A Great Time at Acapulco, Beach Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I came for a romantic weekend, and we had a great time here! The hotel was conveniently right on the beach, which always helps us relax! There is a continental breakfast in the sit-down restaurant (with certain items that you can choose from) or you can select an optional "full breakfast" that you can pay for. I personally enjoyed the French toast. :)

We were greeted and helped by a friendly staff, we enjoyed a beautiful balcony room which the hotel kept clean and fresh daily.

There is a nice pool and deck-chair area, and even a shuffle board area! (I really wanted to play, but we ran out of time) :(

If you are looking for a friendly, on-the-beach hotel in exciting Daytona, this hotel would do a great job for you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Acapulco Hotel D, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear AK,

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your vacation at Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona from Orlando. Our location is ideal being right on the beach. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I live in Orlando but wanted to stay on the beach for a week... Found this hotel and read the reviews and some were good and some weren't but when I got there everyone was so wonderful and greeted us with a smile!!! Made us feel so welcome!! Our stay was awesome! We asked to switch rooms for a better view if they had something available... Called us back in 3 minutes and moved us with no problem... They even sent a front desk person up to help us move cause the bellman was already helping someone at the moment! I would give this place 6 stars if I could! Thank you so much for the wonderful time my family and I had there!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Derek

Thank you for your business! We were delighted that you choose Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona for your recent visit with your family. We will pass on your accolades to our “wonderful” team. We appreciate your business and look forward to taking excellent care of you during your next stay when we will have a lot of new surprises to showcase!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Disappointed with our stay. First, our room was not ready when we arrived. Second, the bed linens were stained and the blankets had holes in them. The beds are NOT queen sized as listed and there is no continental breakfast. There are only 2 elevators, both of which are extremely slow. On the positive side, the view was spectacular, the pool was nice, and overall the staff was friendly. If you are particular about cleanliness I would advise you to look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Relevant Reviews,

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas, and will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. When your travels bring you back to Daytona, we would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay, so that we may exceed your expectations.

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I paid in full for a one week stay in June 2012, already in February 2012.
I was told that breakfast was included and I could get an additional roll away bed for my son.
With the five of us we arrived at the hotel and were told that breakfast was not included anymore because the hotel "changed their policies early June". I was also charged for the roll away bed for $10,- per night. This roll away bed was in awful state and had a mattress around 4 inches thick. The carpet was filthy and the glass sliding door to the very small balcony was greasy and we could not even look through it. The room had two queens bed but in real they were twins! The room was way too small for five people and I do not understand why they allowed the booking for all of us in that small room !
I complained at the front desk about the breakfast and only got two coupons for a free bagle, coffee and juice. My three kids had to pay for themselves. The lady put her arms across, walked away to another room and litterally said to me that she was fed up with my complaints "and from all other people" and was about to explode (???). I asked her to come back and talk about this but she refused. We left this horrible hotel after the second day and was told that I would not get a refund of the remaining five days I already paid for. Anything was better than staying there. They spoiled my vacation and I lost my money and they just get away with it. Sad part is, they will probably only mention that they will talk about it with management but they will never fix my wound by giving back my money for those days I didn't even stay there.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sjoerd,

Thank you for you review. Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the views of our guests. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas, and will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. I welcome you to reach me directly to review your previous stay.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I must say that this Hotel was not at all of what we expected, now we had booked the hotel months in advance and we read the reviews before booking but they were mixed reviews. So per our arrival we wanted to see the newer reviews and I must say some of the reviews were horrible which made my family and I kind of skeptical on staying. But when we arrived it was nothing of how the reviews made it seem. We stayed in an efficiency room (2 full bd, 1bth, kitchen, safe, private balcony which makes a big difference- with an awesome view right in front of you- on the beach). So we stayed 6days and 5nights all together. Now I must say there were some things that were promised but was not fulfilled- like for instance- Free in-room high speed Internet (does not exist) - Continental Breakfast (Does not exist) - Parking wasnt free (had to pay at the end of stay for us parking there daily - and you have to pay for the safe daily. Other than that, my family and I would give this HOTEL rating a good 4 1/2. The balcony view did it for us, waking up @ 6am (my mother in law) and seeing the sunrise and sunset was well worth it. Daytona Beach is for families looking to relax, shop, eat (same restaurants that you wld eat at hm, most of the restaurants had bars in them so if you have children dont go out at night), and enjoy the beautiful beach. If my family and I would go bk to Daytona Beach Shores, Acapulco Hotel & Resort (price was reasonable - this is not a Hilton not a Merriott) wld be the place for us. You guys keep up the work, b/c the staff was friendly, family orientated, & helpful (the ones we came in contact with).

Room Tip: Must get the Ocean Front (Balcony)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Ner,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the views of our guests. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your vacation from North Carolina. Our location is ideal on the beach, to experience the amazing sunrises. We don’t intend on becoming a 4 or 5-Star Hotel, so that we can keep the rates attractive, but are delighted that this was an excellent 42.5 Star rating for you. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip with you and your family.

Palm Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've booked a room for 2 adults and 3 kids but they gave us a room with 2 beds for 2. When I've asked for an additional bed (a rolling one actually), they charged me for this even if I've pais for 5 guest. At the end of the day, they finally told me they didn't have any rolling bed left so my son has to sleep directly on the floor of the room.

The hotel was dirty, specially the bathroom. The bathtub was "brown" and the floor - where my son has to sleep - was suspect.

The A/C unit was so noisy that I could not sleep more than 2 hours every night.

I'll never go again in this hotel, where they don't give you what you paid for, don't find any solution to fix your problem and can't maintain clean the rooms and other common areas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Pocarles,

Thank you for you review. Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the views of our guests. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas, and will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We will share your feedback with our staff. When your travels bring you back to Daytona on a staycation, we would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were looking for a hotel that had vacation and relaxation and found it at the Acapulco Hotel and Resort. When we first entered we knew right away we had found and outstanding resport. The lobby is great and you see the ocean thru the rear doors. Checking in the employees were extremely friendly and accommodating. Breakfast and lunch at the Resort restaurant were reasonable and delicious. During the afternoon we enjoyed cocktails at the Tiki Bar by the pool which overllooks the ocean. Room was clean and what a view from the balcony. We played miniture golf across the street and I let my wife win.
The next time we travel to this resort it is going to be two weeks instead of one. Prices very reasonable for location.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony with a view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cindy

Thank you for your business! We were delighted that you choose Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona for your recent visit. We will pass on your accolades to our “extremely friendly and accommodating” team. We appreciate your business and look forward to taking excellent care of you during your next stay when we will have a lot of new surprises to showcase!

p.s. Cocktails and a happy wife-truly is a “piece of paradise”!

Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona

Been to Acapulco Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!