So the first thing is that we rented a condo - part of the place but not run by the hotel - it's all a bit confusing but nonetheless...
The accommodations were great, the pools are nice, the beach is magnificent, the staff helpful and polite. Problem...?
It's called Spring Break - a million drunk and noisy kids descend on Daytona the first week of March and stay for six weeks (I understand the actual kids don't stay the entire time...). We found this out the hard way - not really the hotel's fault, and they tried to keep the noise down, but they were fighting a losing fight.
So if you really need to stay in Daytona during this time, ask if the places you're considering do Spring Break. Unless you're a college kid looking for a good time, in which case, join the fun. I did 30 years ago and was glad I did. Not so much the past few days...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Say "Aloha" to this family friendly resort located on the "World's Most Famous Beach"! Perfect accommodations include executive guest rooms or one and two bedroom suites most with balconies overlooking the ocean. Enjoy the island atmosphere as you stroll along the miles of white sand beach. Amenities include Olympic sized pool next to the Tiki Bar & Grill, heated indoor pool, 9 hole mini golf course, shuffleboard, and much more. Nighttime brings the renowned Polynesian themed Luau Dinner Show!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hawaiian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaiian Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hawaiian Inn Daytona Beach
- Hawaiian Daytona Beach