Booked through Expedia whilst we were in Orlando for our road trip up the East Coast. Read the reviews, which are mixed, however decided to give it a chance for a night because of the cost. When we arrived alarm bells started ringing as although on the beach front the location seemed rather run down. We pushed on and checked in but the room wasn't ready. We decided to have a walk whilst we waited and but when out and about was a little nervous of walking down the side roads near to the hotel. We returned to get our key from a very pleasant lady on reception. One of the lifts wasn't working and when the other arrived it had rubbish and some sort of broken crockery all over the floor. On the ascent the entire family was looking nervously a each other; 1 because the lift had seen better days and; 2 fearing what was install for us in the room.
Our fears were confirmed. The room was tired and dirty, the lock on the door was broken, as was the safe and it smelt of cigars even though a non-smoking room was booked. We turned around, we had seem enough and decided to go elsewhere. Rather than take the lift we went down the stairs and these were also filthy and I half expected to see used needles at the bottom it was that bad. When I left the keys at reception the receptionist smiled and wished us well, it didn't appear to be the first time that this had happened.
Summary: You get what you pay for; don't know who can write a positive review about this hotel?; filthy; possibly dangerous; Avoid.
Finally, my wife says I am not being harsh enough about the Mayan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 blocks from Main Street Pier and walking distance to Ocean Center, Peabody Auditorium, Boardwalk, Daytona Lagoon and various other restaurants and attractions. Private balconies with beautiful ocean views. Oceanfront pool deck w/ seasonal Tiki Bar. Located next door to Ocean Deck restaurant and beach club. Be advised that live music is being played nightly and may be of concern for some of our guests. Please call for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mayan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Hotel Daytona Beach
- Best Western Daytona Beach