“Clean.” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   103 South Ocean Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #81 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband, my 7 year old daughter, my mother in law and myself stayed there. It was a little loud but we expected that. Very close to everything. We walked everywhere. The Ocean Deck is right next door. We really enjoyed it and will be going back for another stay.
The staff was very nice and extremely helpful. However the bartender was very rude. She had a terrible attitude. I would definitely consider having a heart to heart with her. Her terrible attitude had us going to the Ocean Deck just to get drinks.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

First off the staff is very friendly except for the the lady at the bar she was very rude... I walked into the bar after my third day of being at the Mayan inn when it finally opened stood at the bar for about 5 minutes then walked to the other side where the lady and the security guard were smoking a cig which was totally fine with me until she told me she was busy. I was going to buy some drinks for my wife and brother but with that kind of attitude and with noone else in the bar but the three of us I was a little pissed and walked over to the ocean deck where they were more than happy to serve me drinks. Other than that I had only one other issue I stayed on the 4th floor and the second day of us being here I was putting ice into my cooler at the ice machine and turned around only to slice my arm open by the fire extinguisher that was to the right of me it has bent metal with sharp edges luckily it wasn't deep enough to go to the hospital but if I had turned a little faster it probably wouldn't have been all that great. With all the other reviews about bugs and stuff like that I didn't experience anything of that nature. The room wasn't all that great but for the prices and the fact that I am on vacation and didn't spend alot of time in the room it really wasn't something to get all worked up over. But all in all my stay was satisfying the house keepers were great and the staff was great (except for the lady at the bar).

• Stayed June 2014
Muskegon, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Well, good golly miss molly! We are here right now, leaving tomorrow.the nay sayers need to stay home or quit whining. Yes, some loud music, so we brought ear plugs...but didnt need them. Rooms were very clean, if we needed something, we asked and recieved it. I was worried about coming here when I read the reviews...so glad we came anyway! Price for room was great. We are older people, dont do the party stuff, and we had a great time. Will we be back? You bet!

Room Tip: Dont expect a condo, because it isnt one. Bring earplugs in case the bar next door is too loud for y...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

For those who have given terrible reviews, were you expecting a 5 star hotel? Sounds like it. It clearly is listed as a 2 star hotel. My daughter(an adult) and I stayed there this past Memorial Day weekend. Yes, it was family friendly, there were several families with young children there over the weekend. They seemed to be having a great time. The staff was very attentive with any request, pleasant and helpful. Barbara was a great bar server. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, while the elevators were slow, they worked. Breakfast was simple, but enough not to have to go out and spend $12-15 each day. Yes,there was music next door, loud at times, but was expected. Yes, it could use some paint and carpet to help hide 40 years of beach vacationers, springbreakers(who trash everything). Maybe even some new doors. But the bottom line is, staying at the Mayan was no more/no less than what was expected and should I vacation again at Daytona Beach, I would stay at the Mayan again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your honesty and understanding that while we are not perfect you still enjoyed your stay with us and would return again in the future. That is very important to us and we appreciate your business very much. I am so glad you found our associates to be friendly and helpful as that is something we strive very hard to achieve. Thank you again for your kind words.
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ok so I have been reading all the negative reviews about this hotel and all I have to say is LIES...This place is amazing. The staff is friendly helpful and just all around great people. Our rooms are both clean and spacious.....Oh yeah and they are renovating so people need to stop complaining. Im sure I will post another review when I leave but Thank You Mayan Inn U Guys ROCK!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience so far with us. We appreciate your kind words very much. We try very hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and customer service is a very important part of that. I am so glad to see that our associates have provided excellent service to you so far. Your business is very important to us and we all thank you for choosing to stay at the Mayan Inn.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Mayan hotel for two and a half days and two nights. First room had a farm load of cockroaches even on the bed! Beds smelled musty and uncomfortably hard. We had to switch rooms although that was not a solution. Still cockroaches and horribly beds. One of them was slanted and I constantly woke up with half my body off the bed. The elevators make you feel so unsafe and the breakfast? So much for cantina!! cold bread and cereal. Bathrooms don't have locks and it's not even a bathroom. The toilet and tub were in one little cramped up room. The light switch was outside. Horrible. Their pictures are so fake and a bunch of lies. We demanded a refund and the front desk said "we have never encountered this problem" yet all our family friends (5 groups) have left and demanded a refund for that reason.

• Stayed April 2014
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with us. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Pest control is very important in our business but situations can still arise at any point given the high level of traffic in and out of the building. We utilize a very reputable company to eliminate and prevent pests from infiltrating our establishment, but it is never a guarantee that their efforts will stop any and all occurrences. This holds true for any hotel. Having that many issues at one time is not typical, and was addressed by our service provider immediately after being reported. Our breakfast is a light continental breakfast consisting of 5 varieties of cereal, 3 varieties of muffins, white or wheat toast with 3 varieties of Jam/Jelly, juice, coffee, and self serve packets of grits or oatmeal. I apologize for the misunderstanding as to what we offer. We are an older property and do our very best to provide the highest level of customer service possible to ensure that you enjoy your stay. I am sorry to hear we were unable to provide you with the experience you had expected. We appreciate your business very much, thank you again.
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

It's an older place, but we were told that. It was reasonably clean. First night the band next door started at 10 PM and continued till 2 AM (they actually offered us ear plugs at the check in). Thin walls, as after the band finally stopped then it was youngsters in the room next door having a puking contest. The next day I went out on the balcony, and nearly was overwhelmed with the marijuana smoke, coming from multiple rooms. Second night was more of the same, loud karaoke late in the day, band at night. Parking is inadequate and haphazard. You have to pay a $19 resort fee on top of the price, when I asked what it was for, it was for parking and breakfast. Breakfast was a total joke, some bread with a toaster, some juice and some cereal. Feral cats running all about. Elevators reek of vomit and marijuana. I have stayed in hotels around the world, many in third world countries. This place was the worst of all I have ever been to. I could not in good conscious recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Mayan Inn? Share your experiences!