“Mayan Inn Daytona leave a lot to be desired.” 4 of 5 stars

Mayan Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   103 South Ocean Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #82 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Raleigh
“Mayan Inn Daytona leave a lot to be desired.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Mayan Inn Daytona leaves a lot to be desired. From the desk clerk who, even after pronouncing my last name for him 4 times still couldn't get it right, to the continental breakfast that didn't have milk for cereal or cream for my coffee, we had to look for reasons to stay. The tiki bartender was very knowledgeable and entertaining. The Ocean Deck bar and restaurant next door was a BIG PLUS! Our rooms were simply mediocre. The elevator which was one of the slowest and unsafe feeling I have EVER BEEN ON smelled like someone had gotten sick on it only moments ago. I called down to the front desk for a restaurant referral and the answer I received was quite scary. The woman working the desk replied "I understand Burger King make a good sandwich". REALLY??? BURGER KING??? If I had not payed for our reservation in advance I most certainly would have left and not looked back! Thankfully, with plenty of alcoholic lubrication we lasted until checkout the following day. The Mayan Inn may have been a wonderful place to stay when it originally opened WAY BACK WHEN, but it is no longer a desirable local. The staff in general were quite uncaring. Not only did it seem as though their job did not matter, it appeared as though the guests did not either. If you are still wondering how we feel about the Mayan Inn, lets hope that when the Mayan calendar runs out, the Mayan inn is the FIRST THING TO GO!

• Stayed June 2012

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mauldin, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I drove down to Daytona Beach all night from Greenville South Carolina enroute to Orlando, Fla. When the sun came up the next morning and still no sleep, I took an exit towards Ormond beach in hopes of finding a place to eat and stay overnight. Turned south A1A towards Daytona Beach and worn out from the trip. Stopped at a couple of hotels that looked inviting. After inquiring about the room rates we continued our journey up and down the A1A strip until we happened to look off toward the ocean and saw the Myan Inn. I probably looked like the "Walking Dead" at this point, I am sure that I felt like it. The staff was real friendly and the price was better than expected. I got the Military discount rate and with an ocean view...Life is Good ! I had stayed at hotels around the world and this one is one of my favorites on my list. We arrived early so we had to wait for a room which was fine with us. We wanted something to eat anyway. The staff directed us to the bar and grill next door "Ocean Deck". We were within walking distance from the boardwalk and Capt Joe's seafood restaurant, which BTW is on the pier. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and quite. We will make reservations the next time bc We will be back.

Room Tip: Get the Ocean view..It is well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for leaving such a lovely review. We certainly appreciate you sharing your positive experience with others, as so many people go to past reviews to get an idea of where to stay. I am sorry that we were not able to get you into your room early, but am glad you found our neighbor's establishment and were able to have a nice lunch while you waited. We are in one of the best locations in Daytona Beach, with so much near by that you can easily walk to. I am also glad to see you were able to take advantage of our great military discount and want to thank you for your service to our country. I hope you are able to make it back to see us soon, thanks again.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had read so many negative reviews on here about this hotel and was a little worried about staying there. We booked a cheap last minute air/hotel package through Allegiant Air. We arrived early in the day on Thu and checked in with no problems to find we had been upgraded to a king ocean front room. The lobby area was bright, and clean the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was on the 6th floor with a balcony and beautiful view of the beach and water. It had a king bed, flat screen Tv, pull out couch, mini fridge, and microwave. The bathroom had a shower/tub and toilet in a very small room. The small sink area was separate. It was also very clean and the cleaning staff does an excellent job. The hotel is a bit dated but the room was nice and certainly worth the great price we got. Also the location is great and close to the boardwalk, lots of good restaurants, and the Ocean Deck next door. The elevators are dirty, and they are very slow. The lounge is nice and was a great place to hang out and watch the college football games and meet other guests. The bartender was great. For the price, the location, and the great service we would stay at the Mayan Inn again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I went to Daytona Beach on Oct.26th thru the 28th and stayed at the Mayan Inn. I went for the Richard Petty ride-along. We have stayed there 4 times and were very pleased. The staff are friendly and very helpful, and we liked the rooms we stayed in. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants to get away.Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We enjoyed each room. The last 2 times we stayed on the 8th floor. It was a side view, but you can s...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The staff is amazingly sweet. Don't be discouraged by bad reviews. You most definitely get what you pay for. They bumped us up to Ocean view no charge. We left a Hilton hotel to stay here and didn't regret it for one second.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

stayed in this hotel 3 different occassions and when i was going again this year I almost blew the whole vacation by reading some aweful reviews that this hotel does not deserve. Just returned from 4 days it was as clean and comfortable as always. The service aone the pool great and the room as clean and roomy as always. The price is great and so is the location. Please if you need a great place with great service this is it. One note: breakfast could use some up grading.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ballston Lake, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for Oktoberfest Bike week, our phone didn't work, TV remote didn't work, bathroom tub was like surfing all bucket up, with under it,Stains on the curtains of god only knows,and step on a piece of small glass in the room... Our friends stayed next door and had to get a new Air-conditioner,also had killed several bugs in their room. Place needs a HUGE renovation!!!!!
Staff was the only nice accommodation they have to offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mayan Inn? Share your experiences!