The Mayan Inn Daytona leaves a lot to be desired. From the desk clerk who, even after pronouncing my last name for him 4 times still couldn't get it right, to the continental breakfast that didn't have milk for cereal or cream for my coffee, we had to look for reasons to stay. The tiki bartender was very knowledgeable and entertaining. The Ocean Deck bar and restaurant next door was a BIG PLUS! Our rooms were simply mediocre. The elevator which was one of the slowest and unsafe feeling I have EVER BEEN ON smelled like someone had gotten sick on it only moments ago. I called down to the front desk for a restaurant referral and the answer I received was quite scary. The woman working the desk replied "I understand Burger King make a good sandwich". REALLY??? BURGER KING??? If I had not payed for our reservation in advance I most certainly would have left and not looked back! Thankfully, with plenty of alcoholic lubrication we lasted until checkout the following day. The Mayan Inn may have been a wonderful place to stay when it originally opened WAY BACK WHEN, but it is no longer a desirable local. The staff in general were quite uncaring. Not only did it seem as though their job did not matter, it appeared as though the guests did not either. If you are still wondering how we feel about the Mayan Inn, lets hope that when the Mayan calendar runs out, the Mayan inn is the FIRST THING TO GO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 blocks from Main Street Pier and walking distance to Ocean Center, Peabody Auditorium, Boardwalk, Daytona Lagoon and various other restaurants and attractions. Private balconies with beautiful ocean views. Oceanfront pool deck w/ seasonal Tiki Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Low Cost Holidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Mayan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Hotel Daytona Beach
- Best Western Daytona Beach