My wife and I drove down to Daytona Beach all night from Greenville South Carolina enroute to Orlando, Fla. When the sun came up the next morning and still no sleep, I took an exit towards Ormond beach in hopes of finding a place to eat and stay overnight. Turned south A1A towards Daytona Beach and worn out from the trip. Stopped at a couple of hotels that looked inviting. After inquiring about the room rates we continued our journey up and down the A1A strip until we happened to look off toward the ocean and saw the Myan Inn. I probably looked like the "Walking Dead" at this point, I am sure that I felt like it. The staff was real friendly and the price was better than expected. I got the Military discount rate and with an ocean view...Life is Good ! I had stayed at hotels around the world and this one is one of my favorites on my list. We arrived early so we had to wait for a room which was fine with us. We wanted something to eat anyway. The staff directed us to the bar and grill next door "Ocean Deck". We were within walking distance from the boardwalk and Capt Joe's seafood restaurant, which BTW is on the pier. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and quite. We will make reservations the next time bc We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 blocks from Main Street Pier and walking distance to Ocean Center, Peabody Auditorium, Boardwalk, Daytona Lagoon and various other restaurants and attractions. Private balconies with beautiful ocean views. Oceanfront pool deck w/ seasonal Tiki Bar. Located next door to Ocean Deck restaurant and beach club. ALERT - Currently undergoing renovations to exterior which may cause pool and bar closings. Alternative amenities will be provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mayan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Hotel Daytona Beach
- Best Western Daytona Beach