I always check Trip Advisor before choosing a place to stay no matter where we decide to travel, and I've never been steered wrong. So after carefully reading the reviews for Daytona Beach, I chose Dream Inn . I reserved a room well in advance, requesting a second floor kitchen room with private balcony and two queen beds. I called the day before we arrived and confirmed that request as well and was assured that is what we were getting. Upon check in, we were told we had a first floor unit and the second floor with private balcony wasn't available, only for one night and we needed three. The "balcony" we had on the first floor had a big glass window in front of it which was filthy and there were tables/chairs just on the other side of it, so when people were sitting there they could see directly into our room. We kept our blinds closed most of the time! The man checking us in (son?) was very unfriendly and was quite rude. Of course we couldn't cancel at that point, we would have been charged anyway. And by the way, there are signs EVERYWHERE about all the extra charges for everything, from early check in charges, to late check out charges, to charges for not washing the dishes upon checkout, internet charges, for charges if you needed to call them to come open your room if you lost your room key after hours. Yes, the hotel is old, which would have been OK if had been CLEAN. I kept flip flops on the whole time because I didn't want to walk on the carpeting; there was mold in the bathroom tiles in the shower/tub; I had to ask the housekeeper to actually come vacuum my room and I asked her to do the change the sheets, which she did NOT do. You need to wash dishes before you leave, which means the dishes you provide DO NOT get washed again by the housekeeper and when we pulled out some dishes to use when we got there, they were SLIMY and not clean. So whoever was there before us just basically put them in the cabinets to look like they washed them. YUCK! We didn't even use the pool, as the water was the temperature of a HOT TUB and had no desire to be HOT in the 95 degree summer temperatures - they could probably save alot of money if they DIDN'T heat their pool in the summer! I asked for beach towels and had to go to the office to get them, and they were even unfriendly about that! Anyway, I'm not usually one to complain about things, but this terrible place doesn't deserve a good review from our visit and hopefully someone else may think twice about staying there. I knew it wasn't the "Hilton" when I reserved a room, but I certainly didn't expect it to be as awful as it was. Good things:walking out of our room and going directly onto the beach, cold a/c, & the tiny little Italian place across the street that had delicious pizza. But I would highly recommend that you go somewhere else - there are plenty of places to stay along the strip there!
- Also Known As:
- Dream Hotel
- Dream Hotel Daytona Beach
- Dream Motel Daytona Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying true to their southern heritage, owners John, Cindy, and Jody Kinberger offer a unique brand of hospitality and charm that surrounds you like a warm blanket. We are a unique small property with the luxuries of a large resort. With an amazing attention to detail and service, Dream Inn truly stands out. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or life-long resident, we encourage you to enjoy the beautiful beaches of Daytona Shores and hope that we can make your upcoming visit a memorable and carefree time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Dream Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.