“Would stay again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Inn

Save Saved
You added Dream Inn to your Saves list
Dream Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3217 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach Shores, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #38 of 110 hotels in Daytona Beach
“Would stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

As most, I do tons of research before choosing a location. This place kept popping up over and over, so I gave it a chance.
The stay was wonderful. The location is perfect for beach access, a quick trip to Daytona, Ormond and I-95.
The room was nice. The bed, pillows and linens were great and comfortable. The bathroom was fine. That shower head was a trip and I'm probably going to invest in one!
The only negative side to my trip was it was advertised if you stay so many days you would receive an hour of jet-ski, beach chairs

• Stayed March 2013
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the good words. Nice amenities, comfortable rooms, and easy beach access: that's what we're all about, and it sounds like we hit the mark during your stay. I'm sorry you missed out on the jet ski and beach chairs. The promotion you mentioned only applies to the internet rate, not the non-refundable rate. However, we welcome all our customers to rent jet skis and beach chairs after they make their reservations.

Thanks again for writing about your experience. I hope we get the chance to host you again in the future!

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
us
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This sweet little hotel is on a lovely stretch of beach. Our room needed some attention to detail - the walls needed painting, carpet should be ripped up and replaced with tile - it looked and felt grungy, one of the cabinets in the kitchenette had the veneer ripped off - it just looked neglected. The beach/pool towels were awful, small, grungy and rough. That said, the bed linens were actually very nice and the bathroom towels not too bad. The in-room safe is a nice plus. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (the maid service is unbelievably slow - sometimes our room wasn't cleaned until after 3 p.m. and it was Daytona 500 week so you'd think they would have planned for high occupancy) so we were given complimentary beach chairs that they let us keep for our entire stay. The garden areas are pretty and well maintained. It seems with just a few upgrades this could be a very nice place. Plenty of parking and convenient location are two more reasons to stay. Reasonable rates too..... Oh yes - the light outside the door at night is too bright - even with the blinds closed it is bothersome!

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room which looked out onto a nice garden. They do have oceanfront....
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry your experience wasn't entirely what you'd expected. We're a small, family-owned hotel, and while our accommodations may not be fancy, we hope our guests find them clean and comfortable. When did you stay with us? We've recently undergone renovations; I think you would be impressed with the end results. Hopefully, we'll get the opportunity to host you again—I know we can reach the potential you saw in us.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is not the Hilton. With that said, if you like a great view, reasonable prices, and friendly staff, this is a good choice. The room was dated, the bathroom had very old fixtures. Except for the showerhead, which was space aged and great! The room was very clean. There is a nice sitting area overlooking the beach, though spoiled a bit now by construction next door(to the north). Enjoyed our stay here and would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thanks for trying us out and sharing your experience. I'm pleased to hear our simple, cozy accommodations were to your liking. As a family-run business that's been in operation for 21 years, we take a lot of pride in our quaint atmosphere and rustic charm. My apologies if the construction was a nuisance. I really appreciate your being so understanding about it.

Thanks again for the good words. Hope to get the chance to welcome you back soon!

Ferrisburgh, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Two friends & I traveled from Vt to Key West this past week. Stayed here on our way through in one of the oceanside rooms. It was a beautful, sunny, warm day. Just wanted to say we enjoyed our stay. Almost wanted to stay put & not travel further. Would recommend this place. Very clean & beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thanks for the glowing review, Barbara! I'm glad to hear you and your friends had such a pleasant stay with us. We always strive to give our guests a relaxing, comfortable experience; it's wonderful to know we hit the mark with you. I appreciate your recommending us and hope we get the chance to host you again in the future!

Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was slightly disappointed with the room. The pictures shown on the website I think are maybe one or two rooms that they have The bathroom was extremely small and really not enough room to put anything. The only place to hang your clothes was over the garbage can and where the microwave and coffee maker were there was no closet. At night time there was a light right by our room that came through the door and we had to cover the door window with a blanket to keep the room dark. It was fairly chilly at night and we only had a sheet and a duvet to use. I looked in the hotel binder that is left in every room and it said for a blanket it was 35.00 and for extra towels there was a charge as well. If you are staying at this INN why would there be a charge? For 2 people there were only 3 towels to use. I know that this is an old INN but upgrades need to be made. The room was clean and the garbage was emptied everyday. The INN was close to the beach which was nice. But im sorry to say that I will not be returning.

lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Although I'm glad you enjoyed our location and found our accommodations nice and clean, I'm sorry you were unhappy with your room. We have pictures on our website of each style of room we offer; all types are represented so our guests know what to expect. All rooms have closets—in the particular room you stayed in, yours was in the armoire—as well as hooks on the bathroom doors.

I do apologize if you had difficulty sleeping due to light shining through your door. Did you bring the matter to our attention? If a customer reports a problem like this as it's occurring, we always try to fix the situation.

As for the blankets, most people find the sheets and duvet sufficient. That being said, all our rooms have their own thermostats so guests can adjust the temperature to their comfort level. If someone does need an extra blanket or towel, though, they can simply call the front desk and ask for one. There is no charge for blankets or towels unless you want to take them with you.

All in all, I'm perplexed by many several parts of your review. I'd appreciate it if you could call me at (386) 767-2821 so I can better understand the situation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming her for several years and look forward to the next trip. It is as we call it our place. Have noting negative to say. The view is unbelievable. We like the fact that it has a Mom and Pop feel. The owners always are friendly and helpful. We would recommend the Dream Inn to anyone from just the two of you to a family. We enjoy the location it have everything you need all within a few miles.

• Stayed October 2012
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. As a small, family-run hotel, we love nothing more than getting to know our guests. It's truly flattering to hear that, thanks to our warmth and hospitality, we've become "your place." I'm glad you enjoy our views, too. There's nothing quite like watching the sun rise over the ocean from the comfort of your own bedroom!

Thanks again for your wonderful review. I appreciate your recommending us and look forward to hosting you next time!

Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Dream Inn for several years and have always found the staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating. I cannot afford the Hilton or a private condo and the Dream Inn has always met or exceeded my expectations. I love to be able to hear the waves as they hit the shore from our ground floor ocean front room and enjoy being able to take a few steps and being on the beach. The sunrise views are amazing. There are several places to eat within walking distance which is an added bonus. I look forward to many more years of visits to this wonderful and affordable hotel.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are worth the extra cost
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dawn,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. As a small, family-run business, we always aim to give our guests the warm, personalized treatment they deserve. It's wonderful to know we've hit the mark and impressed you with friendly service. I'm also glad you've enjoyed our oceanfront location. There's nothing better than falling asleep to the sound of waves crashing on the shore!

Thanks again for your kind words. I appreciate your sharing your experience and look forward to hosting you next time!

Jody Kinberger, Owner

Been to Dream Inn? Share your experiences!