“Great value, cute hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Inn

You added Dream Inn to your Saves list
Dream Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3217 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach Shores, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
2 Free Mini Golf Tickets
Ranked #33 of 110 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Ocala, Florida
“Great value, cute hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very clean room, had my special request ready when I arrived. I've been going to Daytona my entire life but I've never stayed at the dream inn until this past weekend. Great value and I will be back! I loved my jacuzzi room! Id put a curtain on the front door though :-)

• Stayed February 2013
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thanks for your glowing review. I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us last weekend. Given the fact that you've visited Daytona many times, it's nice that we were able to make your trip extra special. Thanks as well for the suggestion about the curtain—I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Looking forward to seeing you next time!

Jody Kinberger, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love staying at your hotel. I found The Dream Inn through twitter and have been staying here every time I drive through Daytona, which recently has been alot. I book online through your website with ease and am always met with a smiling face. I also like that check in starts at 1pm. Something the big hotel chains don't offer. If I'm running a little behind on my drive I always receive a call from you guys to make sure I am still on my way.
The courtyard has a very "backyard" feel with lots of tropical landscaping, bbq area with tables and umbrellas. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds.
I would like to know how to earn "stay credits". I see it when I make my reservation but asked once at the front desk and he wasn't sure how that worked.
The Dream Inn is a great value and a great place to stay! See you soon!

• Stayed January 2013
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thanks for taking time to write a review. I'm glad to hear you've had several wonderful stays with us. From accepting late check ins to offering online booking, we always aim to make our guests' experiences easy and pleasant. It's great to know we're hitting the mark.

We'd be more than happy to discuss "stay credits" with you! Just give us a call at (386) 767-2821.

Thanks again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very nice older hotel. Great ocean view rooms. Very quiet and relaxing hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff. Gorgeous pool deck and landscaping. We really enjoyed our stay. Plenty of parking available. Very tropical feel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Rena,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us. We take a lot of pride in our warm service and charming seaside atmosphere, so it's great to hear you enjoyed our friendliness and "tropical feel." If you're ever back in Daytona, we'd love to host you again!

Spencer, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an older motel right on the beach. We could have used a bigger bathroom but all in all the room suited our needs very well. Courtyard is very nice. Easy access to the beach. They have a hose available to rinse the sand off before going to the room.

Room Tip: We were in an upper level ocean view room. Had a view of the ocean from the deck.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, even though the bathroom was a bit small for your taste. When you're so close to the beach, little else matters! We're happy the room met your needs overall, and we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. If you're ever in town again, we would love the chance to welcome you back!

Best wishes,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel has beautiful views of the ocean from the room, with walk-out access to the ocean & pool. We wanted a smaller, bottom floor hotel, not a high rise, this fit the bill perfectly. We had the best experience with the staff who are beyond accommodating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Charles,

Thank you for your excellent review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Friendly, helpful service is our top priority, so I'm glad you found us so accommodating. If you ever visit Daytona again, we hope to welcome you back!

Best wishes,
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel was very well priced and a lovely place to stay. Right on the water it was gorgeous to watch the sunrise and sunset and the rooms reminded me of that "Old Florida" feel. Loved the room, owners were pleasant, no complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks for the glowing review. I'm happy to hear you had such a comfortable stay with us. There's nothing better than watching a Florida sunset from the comfort of your own room!

Although I'm pleased by your kind words, I have to ask: what could we have done to earn that fifth star? We're always trying to improve and take constructive feedback to heart.

Thanks again for your compliments. If you're ever back in town, we'd love to host you again!

Jacksonville, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Came down for a weekend getaway was sadly disappointed from the beginning. It began at check-in when the man checking us in never really looked at us as he came in to 'welcome' us. Granted, it's not the Four Seasons, but one would expect at least some form of a sincere check-in experience--there was none. The room itself was good size and our oceanfront room provided a nice view of the ocean. The room itself badly needs an upgrade as the blinds are in horrible shape, very dirty and had mold on them. There was also mold and the inside of the refrigerator was dirty. Jacuzzis on the second floor are very noisy in the ground floors rooms. Watch your fingers when you open the sliding door to the room. If you keep your fingers in the handgrip it will pinch your fingers as you slide the door open (at least in room 134). The bed was comfortable and the shower worked great. Overall, a major disappointment after hearing about how romantic it was supposed to be and after hearing about it from the Travel Channel TV show Hotel Impossible.

Room Tip: Stay on second floor. Better advice is to go elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review experience. I'm truly sorry you had a disappointing stay with us. We pride ourselves on our friendly, professional service, so it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive a more enthusiastic greeting when you checked in. I'll have a word with my staff to make sure everyone is as warm and welcoming as possible.

As for the state of your room, I apologize if it did not meet your standards. This is concerning, especially since we recently underwent major renovations (as you know from our Hotel Impossible episode). Cleanliness is a huge priority for us; I'm appalled that your blinds and refrigerator were moldy. If you'd have bought the situation to our attention while you were here, we would have taken care of it immediately instead of after you left. As it is, if you decide to give us a second chance, please don't hesitate to inform a staff member if any of our amenities are dirty or otherwise not up to par.

Thanks again for bringing your concerns to my attention. We want all our guests to have a comfortable, pleasant time when they stay with us, and feedback like yours helps us improve. If you ever visit Daytona Beach again, I do hope you'll give us a another chance. I'm sure we can make up for your unfortunate experience.

Jody Kinberger, Owner

Been to Dream Inn? Share your experiences!