“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Jacksonville, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great experience! The staff, from beginning to end, succeeded in making me comfortable and confident enough to make the most of this lifetime dream come true. I drove but there is also the option of riding along as passenger. The pre-race class and instructor (crew chief) were most informative and the instructor in the front seat coached me all the way, communication made easy with microphones in the helmets. I got up to 166 mph. I am still smiling and will never forget this day as long as I live. I highly recommend it!!!

Visited May 2013

Georgia
15 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Arrived in Daytona Beach at the International Speedway on Friday, May 17th. First of all, for Nascar fans just seeing this place is amazing! We were there for the driving experience and not the tours which are great as well by the way. Everyone there was friendly and helpful. A tram picked us up and took us to the track where my daughter put on a suit and helmet and then climbed in the real racecar car with a professional driver. You ride around the track for three laps and reached a speed of 170 mph! She had so much fun. My job was to take pictures and watch. There is a trailer out there at the track where they sell photos and videos of your experience if you wish to purchase them. We purchased the photo since it was from the passenger side of the car and we were not able to take any photos from that angle. Then we were allowed to go out to the fence at the track in front of the stands and watch the other drivers/riders go by. That was a great close up view and really gives you a feel for how fast they go. The tram was there to take us back to the main building. We had lunch in the little cafe they have and it was very good. And of course they have every souvenir you could think of for sale in their gift shop. Overall a fantastic experience for Nascar fans such as us!

Visited May 2013
Plattsburgh, New York
7 attraction reviews
“My husband had the time of his life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We decided to take a half day from our Orlando vacation and go over to Daytona to do the Daytona Racetrack tour. We are not huge NASCAR fans, but we do watch almost all of the races and we each have our favorite driver. My husband thought we would just take the guided tour "behind the scenes" which takes you on a modified open golf cart type vehicle pulled by a truck. The tour took us all over the racetrack, including the pit area, the inspection area and even the press box. It was pretty impressive to see how large the track actually is and what a view from up high! When we got to the Richard Petty Ride-Along area there were only a few souls waiting to take the challenge and our tour guide suggested that it would be a good day to do it if we wanted to as the wait would be short. I could see my husband yearning to do it, but money was a bit of an issue. Well, I talked him into doing it and about 2 hours later he was beaming! He rode 3 laps in the Jeff Gordon car with a young driver that took him up to 170 mph. He was absolutely thrilled, beaming like a little boy! They operation is well-run and safety is a main concern. They take no chances and everything was very professional. The folks getting riders and drivers prepared were extremely courteous. Overall, I am so glad my husband had the opportunity to do this and he felt it was the best, most expensive (I think about $160.00) 5 minutes of his life! Do it if you are brave and get the chance. It's always a bummer coming home and wishing you had done something like this when you passed it by. Well worth the smile on his face!

Visited April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fastest Top Speed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went on 3/13/13 and got to a top speed of 165 MPH! It was much fun! The instructor will only let you go as fast as your ability. My instructor let me floor it after the second lap and I did not let up until the 8 lap.

Visited April 2013
Bath
4 attraction reviews
“Something my husband will never forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been coming to Florida for years have visited Daytona Beach a few times but my husband loves NASCAR and always wanted to drive a car. So he booked the rookie experience. He absolutely loved it. You first of all get all your training needed to do the experience and then he went out on the track in the car on his own following behind - while in the training he had been told that somebody was on their 100 visit and you can see why - he loved it - I had my eyes shut!!! He now want to visit another one of the NASCAR tracks.

Visited September 2012