“Truly a luxury!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast

You added August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1209 S. Peninsula Dr, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Truly a luxury!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The décor transports you to another century when this served as a guest house for the Gamble family (of Proctor and Gamble). Read on the wide wraparound porch, take a short walk to the beach, or enjoy the massage chair and you will forget all the stresses of your busy life for awhile. The host makes you feel welcome and at home. Snacks, water, and a fridge are available, too. We could not bear to leave, so we booked an extra day. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: All of the second floor rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AugustSeven, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I am so happy that you enjoyed the break from stress, It seems as if most everyone these days need an escape from it, and I am truly very happy that the August Seven Inn was able to give you some stress relief…As you stated it was Gambles guest house with the intention in the 1800’s to provide relaxation, I am so thrilled that you found peace and relaxation here … Thank you so much for taking the extra day on your stay, it’s amazing how many people have been here and added a day or two…It’s a true blessing that so many appreciate the inn as much as I do ..I’ll be looking forward to seeing you again if you find yourselves back this way…
Joe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I needed a break from work and was looking for a nice place to relax yet also be close to the beach and areas of interest. I definately found it at The August Seven Inn! What a wonderful place! The decor is worth the trip alone and my room (The 819) was spacious, beautiful and full of old world charm.

Joe was a wonderful host and he, along with Phil, made me feel more like a friend than a customer. I really don't know how they do it. The Inn was spotless and full of antiques and the comforts of home. From the pastries, waffles, home-made breads, bacon, fresh fruit and many other things at breakfast, to the homemade cookies and brownies in the evening, to the tranquility room and whirlpool bath, everyting was A-1.

The Inn is located south of the main beach but still close to the pier. It's about 3 blocks off the beach and is an easy walk. Or, you can drive down and park either in one of the parking areas or pay a small fee and drive on the beach and park there. There are plenty of restaurants close by and a number that will deliver to the Inn as well.

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay and how much I loved the August Seven Inn. I will definately be making plans to stay there again. Thanks, Joe and Phil, for making me feel so welcome. I will recommend your Inn most highly to anyone who asks for a great place to stay in Daytona.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking notice of so much around the property, I so appreciate your amazing review…I also so appreciate the recommendations, they help small business such as myself tremendously Thanks again and I hope to see you in the future…
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

For those, like me, who prefer a home experience to a hotel setting this place may be for you. Lovely old home, close to the beach and off the beaten track, while remaining convenient to downtown Daytona if you have a car. The fact that it is gay friendly is a definite plus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken,
Thank you so much for your review, and its true for those that prefer smaller lodging with a home like experience August Seven Inn is a great choice…Thanks again…
Saint Pete Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went for a last minute weekend trip. This is a great place for a weekend at the beach. The beach is only a few blocks away. The home is immaculate. Joe was very gracious. He welcomed us, took us on a quick tour, and then asked if we liked wine. We do and he said he would put a bottle in the frig for us. It started to rain later in the day so we sat on the porch talking to other couples and Phil asked if we would all like our wine and brought it out to us. After dinner we came back to find an assortment of goodies that we took to our room. I can't say enough about those massage chairs. It was hard to get my husband out of them. We will return. Very relaxing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great time in Daytona Beach! August Seven was great! So relaxing ... A great "home" atmosphere and NO CROWDS!! Joe, keep up the great work! Will definitely return to August Seven when coming back to Daytona!

• Stayed July 2013
hotblondemom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We spent a wonderful race weekend at August Seven Inn. This was our second time staying here and enjoy the inn very much. There is a warmth to the place that is just so inviting and feels like you are coming home. After a long day at race, it was so nice to come "home" !! Breakfast is just perfect and the afternoon goodies are amazing. Thank you so much for having us !!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Joe and Phil made our stay so enjoyable. The room was very comfortable. The bedding and linens were lovely. Afternoon snacks such a treat! The massage chairs were amazing, very relaxing and energizing! We are thinking of our honeymoon stay here. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!