“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
waukesha, WI
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

The rooms were clean, recently painted, and the bathroom was newly remodeled. Great location right across the street from the beach and close to the shopping strip! The housekeepers did clean the rooms daily but they did ask if anything was needed. Overall, a good experience! For the money it is as good as it gets!

P.S. One of the house keepers does use a stolen shopping cart as a utility cart to clean with!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I can see I am against the grain here! Many rooms are being totally redone...everything including even the drywall is being replaced. I assume all rooms will be redone as a large percentage were being stripped...off season of course. I saw no bugs! I have spent $125 a night in Daytona and was not impressed. That was at the La Quinta which is just a revamped version of the "Budget cabana". In season to be fair. Anyway...room was as clean as any of the places I have been at in Daytona Beach. (La Quinta had mold on shower curtain, this place did not)
My room had not been redone but for 32 bucks I had a shower that pushed me across the tub and the pool was clean but of course cold. I think people are missing a big point here. You stay ACROSS the street from the ocean to save money. The Hilton is readily available. I stayed at the "Desert Inn" just south of this place in June...THAT was a dump!
Wall was waterlogged and the whole door frame moved as a result when you shut your door!! Disgusting "workout" room... cockroach city down there!

Oh...wireless internet too!! Some rooms only but they say that up front.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
lakeland fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Very small rooms, roaches everywhere, nasty bathrooms. The pictures they have online are not pictures of the actual rooms you get at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

We stayed in a single suite, and let me just say there was nothing "suite" about it! The owners are rude. The room smells soooo bad! Our air conditioning was broken and we had to wait for them to replace it. The rooms don't look like what they have posted on the internet, don't let them fool you! The sheets on the bed are just top sheets, so they come off the bed in the night. There is no clock in the room. The bathroom is a joke, the shower is small and so low, if you are over 5'5" your head will hit the ceiling! Laundry area is outside and is dirty, it looks as if it has never been cleaned. Room service was horrible to none. They don't tell you that you have to put down a 50 dollar security deposit. There were nats in our room. It is just a horrible place to stay. The only good thing I can say about this dump is that it is in a great location. There are many other motels along this strip that I would consider you checking out, I don't think it can get any worse than this one. Spend your money somewhere else, they won't let you get your money back in case you are not satisfied. We had to stay a whole week, and was not happy about it. Don' t make the same mistake we did.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
ropekid
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

we came for spring break and this place was horrible stayed for one night until roaches started crawling out from under the bed the imigrants who own the place would not refund any money we paid for a week so at 4 in the morning we went and got another place never ever stay in this dump, they are rude

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

This place was the worst motel I have ever seen!!!!! We unfortunately paid first, then climbed 3 stories to our room.
If that is what you call it!!!!! The screens were out, the curtains were ripped and falling down, it stunk. We even looked at 2 other rooms and they were worse!!!!! Refused to give us a refund so we just cut our losses and left. Went down the road to a Super 8 paid $25 more and was right on the ocean.
Don't ever go to this dump!!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

This place was absolutely horrible!!!! We wanted to leave a day early because of a family emergency. We asked the lady at the front desk if we could skip out early (paid for an entire week up front - NEVER DO THAT!!!) and she told us that it was fine and she would refund us for the days we wouldn't be staying. After we had packed all our stuff, went to the front desk to check out, she told us that they were keeping our money and to get out ASAP other people would be coming in!!!! Talk about cheating students! This place was not only money grabbers but it was also discusting. When the ladies came in to vacuum our room, she vacuumed up my anklet and then pulled it out of their vacuum and left it on the floor all black and discusting. I guess they thought I wouldn't notice? Anyways my advice to all of you, NEVER STAY HERE EVER!! IT STINKS!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to San Marina Motel? Share your experiences!