“very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #6 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
“very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I knew ahead of time that this was a place that was a bit geared toward seniors, but I was taking my 70 year old mom and my 4 year old son. I was worried that my son would be a bother, but all guests were pleasant and fun. My family had an excellent time. The rooms and lobby were very clean; the view was beautiful. The patio area and outdoor furniture was updated and nice. The happy hour was fun with live entertainment (an older man with his mic and keyboard) who played mellow versions from all genres. My only notice was that they did not seem prepared for the breakfast. It was only continental yet the lady seemed surprised and unprepared to refill the breakfast bar. She kept waiting until people asked for something, and then just haphazardly brought small amounts back to refill every couple of minutes and this was with at least an hour left of the breakfast time. For instance, when I got there, the breads were all but gone and someone asked for bagels. She went to the back and brought back 4 bagels. So, of course, once those were snatched up, others were asking for some as well. Same with toast and waffles and muffins. She kept going back and forth with small amounts while a line was forming and late risers were filing in. I think that the breakfast should be well stocked for all guests within the time frame, whether you are early or late risers. Other than that, this hotel was one of the two that I can personally recommend to friends. Clean and pleasant and worth the comparable price to know you are not going to end up in a seedy or unkempt place to lay your head.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Angela S, Operations Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
It's always so nice to receive such great comments! Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. I agree with you, the view from this property is beautiful. We are pleased to offer our guests a complimentary breakfast and happy hour every day. We are planning to make changes to our breakfast and we're all looking forward to that. Our breakfast attendant is always happy to make sure only the freshest items are available for your enjoyment. Thanks again and we hope to see you again!

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We spent great two days in this hotel and enjoyed it very much. Staff is very nice and accommodating, rooms clean with a little kitchenette where you can make yourself a nice dinner. View from the window is unbelievable and property is nicely groomed. We would go back anytime :)

• Stayed June 2013
Great to have you as our guests! Hope to see you again as we will be better than ever next time!
Madison, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is the 2nd year my family and I have stayed here and it is absolutely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The staff is friendly and always willing to go the extra distance to make sure your stay is a good one. For the price, amenities and being right on the ocean is hands down worth the trip! We've met people that have been coming here every year for the last 20 years. If your looking for a quiet place right on the beach for a good price this is the place to go!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The two women I dealt with at check in were wonderful, got a room on the top floor over looking the ocean and watched the sun rise the next morning, spent most of the day at the beach or at the pool, got some great pictures from our balcony.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for the review! We really do work hard to be an "Outstanding" property. Our staff is wonderful and they really care about your experience. Hope you can visit again soon and don't forget to tell your friends and family about us!
Chillicothe, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had originally booked my trip to stay in a Hotel very near Nautilus. After arriving at the 'OTHER' Hotel and checking I had found it to be very dirty and infested. Upon talking to the lady at the counter the only thing they could offer to do was "come kill them for me". I had at that time decided to locate a different place to stay while on my trip. I had a very tough time finding any openings however located the Nautilus. Some of my money was tied up in the first hotel, and the staff at the Nautilus was VERY understanding. The price was not unreasonable at all, and they helped me through the first couple of days by letting me pay the first two nights separately. The whole staff was very nice and very welcoming.

I will not stay at any other hotel when visiting Daytona Beach, Florida from here on. Even if I have to plan my vacation around their availability! This hotel is VERY VERY clean and employs the best staff!!!

Thank you so much- to the staff at Nautilus Inn, and a special thanks to Chase and Nancy at the Desk! You helped turn a bad trip around!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Angela S, Operations Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review! We are so gald that we were able to make your vacation in Daytona a pleasurable experience and that the Nautilus Inn is now your home away from home. We are looking forward to your future return.
Fenton, MO.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

On arrival we noticed the attractive decor. Early check-in was not a problem. The room was clean and the balcony overlooking the beach was super. The bath tub appears to be rather short, and the room had only two towels (one for each person). There was no shampoo or lotion. The property has a nice patio area, but super small hot tub and rather limited patio avaiable hours. Only real disappointment was the evening reception. We stood in a long line to get two drinks each. The bartender said to take both drinks at once to avoid getting in line again. There were no snacks or other refreshments. When I asked about the chips on some of the tables, the bartender said that people bring their own refreshments from their rooms! Overall a loverly property, but ignores the little extras that make a place special.

Room Tip: Our room on 7th floor had good ocean view.