“Perfect.” 5 of 5 stars

FREE BREAKFAST
Ranked #5 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We were here for two nights before heading to Disney World. The rooms were so much better here than at Disney. Also, the price is excellent. The inclusion of a discount for returning guests is fantastic. The breakfast was delicious and the views were gorgeous.

• Stayed July 2012

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Paris, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Nautilus Inn at least once a year since 1994. If you're looking for a quiet, friendly, clean, and affordable place to stay, this is it. I have tried a few other places just to see what I might be missing, but I always come back. You can always respect a place that has kept around a majority of the managment for so many years. That says a LOT.

I'm not a big fan of the recent renovations, but I understand exactly why they did it. I miss the grass out between the pool and the hotel, but the space has been dramatically increased.

I read on here where someone called it "boring". That's not a good word to use. Quiet and peaceful is the bset way to describe it. If you want action, head up to the boardwalk and drop $200 a night. Don't complain about the hotel when you didn't do your homework before you booked it. I never one time seen the Nautilus claim to put out a full course breakfast with pancakes, sausage, or eggs.

This year I visited Daytona three times, and I stayed at the Nautilus twice. I hope I'm three for three next year. It's everything you need if you're looking for a peaceful retreat.

Room Tip: Stay on the north side if possible, and no lower than the 3rd floor. Those rooms have a GREAT ocean...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

From the minute you walk in to the lobby you are greeted with a great staff at the front desk. Rick is hilarious, and makes you feel welcome. Every member of the staff made eye contact every time you pass them and said hello making us feel like we are welcome. The Nautilus is extremely clean and you can not beat the the location. Free breakfast is great and the special events add value to your stay. Whether its business or pleasure you owe it to yourself to stay at the Nautilus for your trip to Daytona Beach.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last night All the staff was Very Friendly, very nice and clean place. I would recommend to everyone. I have stayed in other places over the years and this is By Far the BEST! Check them out they won't disappoint!

• Stayed November 2012
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Front office and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel is pretty old but nicely kept and clean. Very good wireless internet service. Room was spacious but had its problems. Sofa was like sitting on a concrete surface. Beds were pretty bad. They need to be replaced. Ocean front deluxe corner room balcony had a fantastic view up and down the beach. Canadians guests are obviously the mainstay guest at this hotel. The kitchen in our room was very nice although the cleaning staff left something smelly that had been used to heat a pizza by the prior guest. The hotel breakfast was probably the worst I have ever seen. The only hot thing was the coffee. There was only 2 bagels on display at 9 am. We left and went to a local restaurant for our breakfast. The grounds and the heated pool are very nice. As was the 2 person hot tub. The parking lot needs a lot more lighting. Very dark out there. The nightly rate was pretty good. All in all its a very quiet, clean and boring hotel. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
julia b, Public Relations Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about The Nautilus Inn.

I was disappointed to hear that our continental breakfast did not meet your expectations, and would like to apologize for the disappointment you felt. I can promise you that this does not represent the usual high level of service we work hard to provide to our guests.

I am glad that you did enjoy our recently renovated pool deck and I’d like to let you know that we are currently in the process of scheduling some projects that will address some of the concerns that you had with your guest room. We will also look further into your comments about the lighting in our parking lot.

We do hope that we will have the privilege to welcome you back in the future.
Grafton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

this was our first time staying at the nautilus inn and we loved it... the hotel far exceeded our expectations and the staff acted in a professional manner throughut our stay. our hats go off to RICK whose dry ,sharp sense of humour kept us in stitches...the hotel is clean as a whistle and thoroughly updated throughout. although it seems to cater to the more mature crowd, on the weekends a younger clientele moved in. will come back....

Room Tip: an ocean front room allows you to look north and south along the beach also....as an ocean view only...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My first stay at the Nautilus Inn was back in '89. That has been some time ago, but it remains as one of the best hotels on Daytona Beach. We book the rooms with the small kitchenette, which is a convenience at times. Nautilus has always been accomodating and for the price, you really can't go wrong. Don't forget happy hour! Highly recommend them!

Room Tip: Like with any hotel, you need to book in advance, especially during the tourist season. And with any...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Nautilus Inn? Share your experiences!