“Just right...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Paris, Kentucky
“Just right...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Nautilus Inn at least once a year since 1994. If you're looking for a quiet, friendly, clean, and affordable place to stay, this is it. I have tried a few other places just to see what I might be missing, but I always come back. You can always respect a place that has kept around a majority of the managment for so many years. That says a LOT.

I'm not a big fan of the recent renovations, but I understand exactly why they did it. I miss the grass out between the pool and the hotel, but the space has been dramatically increased.

I read on here where someone called it "boring". That's not a good word to use. Quiet and peaceful is the bset way to describe it. If you want action, head up to the boardwalk and drop $200 a night. Don't complain about the hotel when you didn't do your homework before you booked it. I never one time seen the Nautilus claim to put out a full course breakfast with pancakes, sausage, or eggs.

This year I visited Daytona three times, and I stayed at the Nautilus twice. I hope I'm three for three next year. It's everything you need if you're looking for a peaceful retreat.

Room Tip: Stay on the north side if possible, and no lower than the 3rd floor. Those rooms have a GREAT ocean...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

From the minute you walk in to the lobby you are greeted with a great staff at the front desk. Rick is hilarious, and makes you feel welcome. Every member of the staff made eye contact every time you pass them and said hello making us feel like we are welcome. The Nautilus is extremely clean and you can not beat the the location. Free breakfast is great and the special events add value to your stay. Whether its business or pleasure you owe it to yourself to stay at the Nautilus for your trip to Daytona Beach.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mickeyearsfl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here last night All the staff was Very Friendly, very nice and clean place. I would recommend to everyone. I have stayed in other places over the years and this is By Far the BEST! Check them out they won't disappoint!

• Stayed November 2012
Grafton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

this was our first time staying at the nautilus inn and we loved it... the hotel far exceeded our expectations and the staff acted in a professional manner throughut our stay. our hats go off to RICK whose dry ,sharp sense of humour kept us in stitches...the hotel is clean as a whistle and thoroughly updated throughout. although it seems to cater to the more mature crowd, on the weekends a younger clientele moved in. will come back....

Room Tip: an ocean front room allows you to look north and south along the beach also....as an ocean view only...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rambler7641
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My first stay at the Nautilus Inn was back in '89. That has been some time ago, but it remains as one of the best hotels on Daytona Beach. We book the rooms with the small kitchenette, which is a convenience at times. Nautilus has always been accomodating and for the price, you really can't go wrong. Don't forget happy hour! Highly recommend them!

Room Tip: Like with any hotel, you need to book in advance, especially during the tourist season. And with any...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KyRick
McMinnville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I just got back from Daytona beach. We had not been in close to 20 yrs. and we had always stayed at the Nautilus . So, we were excited about staying there again. And we were so pleasantly surprised. It is better than it ever was. Rooms had been updated. Everyone at the desk was more than friendly, helpful and courteous. Rooms clean, fresh and made you feel welcome. We would not stay anywhere else. There are cheaper places, but, here as in life, you get what you pay for!! Thanks Nautilus for giving us a comfortable, safe and caring stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel was recommended to us by my sister who as stay here many times with Denure Tours, and she was right it is an excellent hotel very clean & well maintained, with excellent facilities in every room. The selection for breakfast was very good & the free cocktail hour was a much appreciated bonus especially when entertainment was provided also. My husband & I was made very welcome by all the staff & very one seemed amazed that we had actually flown in from England. The hotel had various trips you could go on many of them free. Went flew there to meet up with my sister & brother-in-law who had flown in from Canada to celebrate their Diamond Wedding Anniversary. We certainly hope to go there again sometime.

Room Tip: rooms with an ocean view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple