“The owner, Mary and her husband are great but the manager, Gloria had a horrible atitude towards customers!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Happy Holiday Motel

Happy Holiday Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Happy Holiday Motel
You added Happy Holiday Motel to your Saves list
1617 North Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Atlantic Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Cost wise with a kitcen this place is awesome. 200$ a week for a room with a decent kitchen that allows me to cook for myself and my children. Cleanliness is not so great. The room service (changing of towels and claning of the floors) is horrible. If you ask for clean towels daily, Gloria gives you an "are you serious" attitude and has twice informed me that they "do no change out towels everyday". The vac is only run once a week and it was a big deal when I wanted my sheets changed after being in this room 10 days. I have yet to see them mop the kitchen and bathroom floors which today turned a brand new white pair of socks black in less than 5 minuets. The sheets that they say are clean not only feel dirty, they do not have a fresh smell to them and the comforters have not been washed in a very long time. I have twice now informed Gloria that my air conditioner is freezing only to be told it was brand new last summer and to stop opening my door. I am hardly ever here and the a/c is freezing over at night when set at 75. I was told tonight that there is a brand new one to be installed but not told when. Needless to say, its about 80 degrees outside and easily 90 in the room that has NO screens to be able to keep the windows open. There is supposed to be free wifi yet 5 different cell phones on 2 dfferent carriers can't pick up the wifi and neither can a fairly new laptop. There are NO landlines in these rooms so if you don't have a cell phone you better hope you don't have an emergency. When I came into the kitchen and saw no dishes or pots and pans, I asked about this and was told by Gloria they were not supplied. Guess you better pack the camping gear or plan to buy things to cook and eat with. Over all, this place is a dump. I will be talking to Mary tomorow and looking for another place to stay if conditions do not improve drastically as of tomorrow.

• Stayed April 2012

Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

The lady at the front desk treats you as if shes doing you a favor letting you stay. If u ask for toilet paper shes very rude. I asked her for a broom at 1pm she yelled at me. Very uncomfortable stay. Dont waste your money. She walks around the parking lot all day like a drill sargeant. Terrible service.

• Stayed February 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

My Stay here was good. I have no Negiative things to say about this place. Gloria was really Kind and Friendly. They give good services She has helped me out a great deal and wanted to say thank u very much Gloria. You keep doing what you are doing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Do not stay here !!! The lady at the front desk Gloria refused to give us and others we asked staying there clean towels toilet paper etc ect...she refuses to work . When asking for these supplies to stay clean n help keep room clean she said No F NO . She must be bipolar . So if you decide to stay there . You will have no service and they wont even let you sit outside your motel . Very belligerent owner or front desk clerk ( gloria )

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Excellent quality, excellent service, superior rates, and cleanliness. Every year my family and I travel to Daytona for Biketoberfest every year we stay at the Happy Holiday Motel. I usually call Gloria about 2 months in advance and reserve my room. The best rooms are the 1 of 4 studio like rooms. Two queen beds, full kitchen, front and back balcony, full bathroom, couch and many other amenities. The service is excellent. She allows my family and I to park our truck trailor and motorcycles in the back so that ppl will not destroy or steal or property, whether or not they are staying at the motel w/us. The other plus is that they do not raise they're rates as many do even though it is a huge and special event in Daytona.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
daytona beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

The place was absolutely filthy, the woman at the front desk was rude - when l woke up with a million bites from bed bugs all over me she refused to change the sheets or spray insecticide, or even move me to another room OR refund my money after paying for a week up front.
DONT GO... unless you dont care about your skin.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

Quiet, secure, reasonably attentive to your needs. One block to water. Seedy nightlife in 1.3 miles on main st and Seabreeze.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — no internet access
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Happy Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!