“wonderful place to stay for Daytona Speedway races” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Military; Save up to 15%
Ranked #6 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Lake Worth, Florida, Usa
“wonderful place to stay for Daytona Speedway races”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

we have stayed there 4 years now. For the Daytona 400, July 4th dates. Its EXPENSIVE for races but most places are when you are in walking distance of the speedway. Out the front door, turn left, walk half a block, cross street and ..... you are there. Its on the vendor side of speedway. Great people, great pool area, wonderful breakfast. They don't serve their usual "dinners" even if its Thursday of a race, kind of disappointed because for once the race fell on the right dates and wanted to experience it. Quiet, Clean, and they take small dogs. They even have a dog walking area. its close to a almost finished Olive Garden and new Bahamas' Breeze, right across street is a counter service restaurant along the same as a Moe's called Lime.. very convenient. Mall Right behind if you so desire. Within Walking distance is an Applebees, Outback, Jersey Mikes Subs and a Ruby Tues. IF you want to hike it (no car driving on race weekends if possible) there is a hooters and Bob Evans along with shopping if needed (target etc.) HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Room Tip: we have had rooms on all three sides (big suites are on end) haven't had a bad room yet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KyWoodward, General Manager at Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectaions during your stay with us. We do offer complimentary dinner Monday -Thursday, but this year, July 4th fell on the Thursday and unfortunatly, we do not serve on holidays. I am very sorry that this happened this year, as it ususally falls on the weekend. I hope that you have sent me your information for next years race so we can get your reservation all set up. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites and we look forward to seeing you again at next years race. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of assistance in any way.

Yours in hospitality,
Kyra Woodward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Gillsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here for a mini-break/short holiday recently. I have stayed in a Homewood Suite in Lexington, KY, and was impressed with the property. I travel quite a bit and have seen/experienced my share of good and poor hotels. First, this Homewood was better than my previous stay in KY. The staff was over the top; they could not do enough to make sure all of my expectations were met. The location was convenient to all the places I wanted to visit, including the beach. The room provided adequate space for relaxing after a day of sight seeing, and the bed was absolutely heaven. I slept well through the night. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, with plenty of food for any appetite whether it be a healthy or hearty one. I would not hesitate to return to this Homewood Suite. The front staff made checking in and out a breeze. Housekeeping was courteous, prompt, and thorough. Finally, the General Manager, Kyra, know how to make this place run smoothly. She always had a smile on her face and was willling to help out in any areas that needed attention..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
KyWoodward, General Manager at Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your mini vacation with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our morning huddle. We hope you will visit us again on your next visit to the area. Please reach out if I can assist in any way.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good hotel if you plan on just staying and not eating breakfast. There wasn't that many items to choose from and most of it was empty and the restocking took forever or did not happen at all. I asked and complained several times, as did other customers and nothing was done. They ended up shutting the doors to the breakfast area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KyWoodward, General Manager at Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your dining experience with us was not what you expected. We are always working to improve our service levels and ensure that we are well stocked during our busy breakfast period, as well as making sure we have plenty of staff on hand.

We appreciate your comments and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in area.

Yours in hospitality,

Kyra Woodward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

stayed for a few days to celebrate my and my husbands birthdays. Dennis at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful.(checked us into our room) he suggested places for us to go and eat. the hotel was very clean, they were always mopping and vacuuming. the rest of the staff was nice! our bed was very comfortable and housekeeping cleaned our room wonderfully. we requested a late check out and it was extended to us no questions asked!

• Stayed February 2013
KyWoodward, General Manager at Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that we made your stay with us a success. The team works very hard to make sure that all of our guests are well taken care of. I hope you visit us again for your next celebration.
Biscayne Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I always have a very pleasant stay at Hilton Hotels and love getting the points for free stays! This particular Homewood Suites is always very friendly, helpful and everything you would want in a Hotel stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KyWoodward, General Manager at Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you visiting us again on your next trip to the Daytona Beach area.
Sun City Center, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Excellent facility: comfortable sleeping arrangements, even the hide-a-way bed, pool clean and adequate, friendly and professional staff lead by a excellent general manager, all provide a very pleasant and relaxing week-end

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

What a fun weekend it was! Beautiful weather and lots of sunshine! It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Daytona Beach. Please contact me if I can be of assistance in any way.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am sure this hotel is hopping when the track is hosting a race; however, we were in Daytona on business during an off time at the track and this hotel was quiet as a grave yard at mid-night which was exactly what wife and I were looking for. Our room was the non-apartment layout..ie., joint kitchen, living room and bedroom which we like better than the 1 bedroom apartment configuration because they feel much larger without the walls. Hotel was very clean. Noticed there were two restaurants ready to open within 100 yards so in future, can walk to dinner. Hot breakfast is a common complaint of mine because it has little in the way of healthy food choices.

Room Tip: Frankly, I think all rooms are ok. We were on the Southeast corner of the bldg which is across the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Keith--Thank you for the nice comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct that this place is hopping when the races are going on, it gets quite crazy around here. Thank you for your concerns with breakfast, I have been incorporating some healthy options such as turkey bacon, hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, etc.. as I myself am a very healthy eater. Please contact me if I can be of assistance and we look forward to having you stay with us again on your next getaway. Sincerely, Kyra Woodward, General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport? Share your experiences!