“Coke 400 in Daytona” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #25 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
South Florida, Florida
“Coke 400 in Daytona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed with another couple for the Coke 400. The room and bathrooms were very clean. We had a 2 bed/ 2 bath suite. It had a full kitchen with a fridge with ice maker, oven, microwave, and all the kitchen utensils needed. We ended up with a A/C problem in our room but the staff was great and offered new rooms for us. It was late so we chose to have a fan brought up to get through the night. First thing in the morning the A/C was serviced and we were golden the balance of our stay.
If it weren't for the staff we might of made a stink out of the situation but they were so quick to help and were willing to make quick arraignments to make us comfortable.
This is within a great walking distance to the mall and restaurants right across from the International Speedway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn for your recent stay during the Coke 400! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Thank you for the great comments as well. There are a lot of hotels from which to choose and we are very aware of the fact that it is our staff and our level of service that gets guests to come back time and time again. I was happy to read that your experience with the air conditioning, while unfortunate, turned out to be a positive experience because of our great team of associates.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Please come back again soon...

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Middletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We did a quick 2 day trip to Daytona Beach and stayed here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach and I must say it was a wonderful hotel. When we first arrived the guest services representative at the front desk was so warm and inviting. She made us feel right at home before even checking in. I called down to the desk to ask for a roll away bed and extra bedding and the staff brought it right up to us. Our kids enjoyed the pool and the hot breakfast was also a plus. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Good Morning and thank you for staying with us at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach!

I am happy to hear that the experience you shared with your family was great! We strive to go above and beyond for every guest to ensure each individual guest gets treated with outstanding service. It is great to hear that we lived up to that standard with your stay.

Thank you for the great comments regarding our hotel and our wonderful staff!

Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am (normally) a fan of Marriott Residence Inn's. However, after my experience at this property I may never book at a RI again. This is one of the more expensive properties in Daytona, and the fact that I was put in a room with massive spotlights, and EXTREMELY loud vent ports, was not appreciated and resulted in a horrible nights sleep. This was a single night stay for business purposes, so basically I am going to my meeting on 4 hours sleep. That's fine.....I'll live and I do not make a habit of complaining. In fact, under my profile, you can click to see my "review distribution. Out of something like 34 reviews, I've given only 3 "1 star" reviews. Most of my reviews are only to rave, but this is just inexcusable.

I am attaching photos so that others can see for themselves. These multiple lights....right outside both windows, light up the room. The shades are no match! As if that wasn't enough, it's as though when the property was designed the engineers said, "Let's make this room the worst in the property.....we need to make it the brightest AND noisiest!!" I don't know what the vents are for that you see, but there is one outside of EACH of the two windows. Perhaps they're vents for the laundry room. I do know this: They are LOUD!

Also, why do Residence Inns by such cheap fitness equipment? I spent an hour on in their "newly refurbished" fitness center, and their treadmills and ellipticals are just flat cheap.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 221, or anywhere on the 2d floor!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning...

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

I am sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience at our hotel, most specifically with the quality of you room. This is the first feedback I've heard regarding the lighting and noise from that room and I will make sure to have our engineering team look into all the issues. This is not our typical level of service and/or quality of product and I am surprised and disappointed to hear that you experienced this. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you. If you are traveling to the Daytona Beach area again, please consider giving us another try. I would personally like to ensure your stay is to the level guests expect out of a Marriott hotel.

When and if you come back to Daytona Beach, please contact me directly. My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager. It would be my pleasure to see that your next stay is more to your expectations.

Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice hotel near both the airport and the speedway. This was a business trip so being near the beach was not necessary. This hotel was very nice as were the staff. Had a 1 BR Suite that had its own living room / bedroom and a small workable kitchen .. very nice. Close by are lots of restaurants and you have a shopping mall @ 1/2 mile away.
Overall very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good Afternoon...

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach for your most recent business trip. Whether traveling on business or pleasure, our hotel has everything a guest or family would need! Just as you mentioned, we are very conveniently located near the airport, restaurants, shopping and just a short drive to the beach.

Even though this was a short trip for you, I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy the area a little bit. Please come back and see us again soon!

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just stayed one night with family. Room was comfortable for the 4 adults. Friendly staff, hot free breakfast. Chilled at the very nice pool and was less than 5 miles from restaurants, shopping, etc. Also very short drive to beach and boardwalk. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Good Afternoon and thank you for your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we are very conveniently located to shopping, restaurants and just a short drive to the beach. Your gracious comments are greatly appreciate and we look forward to having you back in the very near future!

Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend with my family. This hotel is located 2 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from Daytona Speedway (you can see both from the hotel). There is also a large number of fast food and sit down restaurants within 1-2 miles of the hotel. The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond to satisfy customers. They are friendly and responsive, and it shows...the hotel is VERY clean and well maintained. The pool area is very comfortable - nice outdoor furniture, grills for cooking out and a basketball court. Pool towels and basketballs are provided. The beds are comfy, as are the pillows. Rooms have flat screen TVs. The parking lot is well lit, and there is plenty of room to park cars, trucks or trucks towing trailers. I did not eat breakfast here, but it appeared that the standard breakfast was provided in a nice eating area. This is my 2nd stay here, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our Residence Inn by Marriott in Daytona Beach. Seeing how it is your second visit, we must be doing something right! :)

Thank you for the great comments. Our staff continually goes above and beyond every day to ensure our guests get outstanding service a safe and quality environment and a great night's rest. I am happy to hear that we delivered on that promise during your two stays with us.

Again, from all of us at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach... thank you!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times when visiting my daughter at Embry Riddle. It's as close to the school as you can pretty much get and the Speedway is just across the street. They have a great breakfast in the mornings, with just about everything you could want,and it's all included with your stay. The rooms are nice, roomy with sitting area and kitchenette, and very clean. The best thing though is the staff. They are very friendly and most helpful. My 99 year old mother and father-in-law were guests and they really kept track and helped my mother. Bill was awesome along with several others on staff. The rooms are very reasonably priced too! There is a small market off the lobby where you can purchase a number of items. The gym is nice with a good variety of equipment.

Room Tip: Never had a bad one!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Good Morning...

Thank you for allowing us to serve you during your most recent trip to visit your daughter at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. Seeing how this isn't your first trip to the area, it is nice to hear that your experiences at our Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona hotel have all been memorable. Your observations and experiences are shared with all of our guests and we hear such great comments regarding our location, our service and our upgraded product. Not only this, but your views regarding Bill at our Front Desk are shared by so many of our guests. He is truly an asset to our organization and I will make sure he is recognized (again) for his outstanding service.

Thank you for the GREAT review!! Please visit us again soon! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Alex Freid

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport? Share your experiences!