Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Fort Lauderdale
“qucik trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice hotel near both the airport and the speedway. This was a business trip so being near the beach was not necessary. This hotel was very nice as were the staff. Had a 1 BR Suite that had its own living room / bedroom and a small workable kitchen .. very nice. Close by are lots of restaurants and you have a shopping mall @ 1/2 mile away.
Overall very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good Afternoon...

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach for your most recent business trip. Whether traveling on business or pleasure, our hotel has everything a guest or family would need! Just as you mentioned, we are very conveniently located near the airport, restaurants, shopping and just a short drive to the beach.

Even though this was a short trip for you, I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy the area a little bit. Please come back and see us again soon!

Alex Freid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just stayed one night with family. Room was comfortable for the 4 adults. Friendly staff, hot free breakfast. Chilled at the very nice pool and was less than 5 miles from restaurants, shopping, etc. Also very short drive to beach and boardwalk. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Good Afternoon and thank you for your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we are very conveniently located to shopping, restaurants and just a short drive to the beach. Your gracious comments are greatly appreciate and we look forward to having you back in the very near future!

Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend with my family. This hotel is located 2 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from Daytona Speedway (you can see both from the hotel). There is also a large number of fast food and sit down restaurants within 1-2 miles of the hotel. The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond to satisfy customers. They are friendly and responsive, and it shows...the hotel is VERY clean and well maintained. The pool area is very comfortable - nice outdoor furniture, grills for cooking out and a basketball court. Pool towels and basketballs are provided. The beds are comfy, as are the pillows. Rooms have flat screen TVs. The parking lot is well lit, and there is plenty of room to park cars, trucks or trucks towing trailers. I did not eat breakfast here, but it appeared that the standard breakfast was provided in a nice eating area. This is my 2nd stay here, and I would stay here again.

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our Residence Inn by Marriott in Daytona Beach. Seeing how it is your second visit, we must be doing something right! :)

Thank you for the great comments. Our staff continually goes above and beyond every day to ensure our guests get outstanding service a safe and quality environment and a great night's rest. I am happy to hear that we delivered on that promise during your two stays with us.

Again, from all of us at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach... thank you!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times when visiting my daughter at Embry Riddle. It's as close to the school as you can pretty much get and the Speedway is just across the street. They have a great breakfast in the mornings, with just about everything you could want,and it's all included with your stay. The rooms are nice, roomy with sitting area and kitchenette, and very clean. The best thing though is the staff. They are very friendly and most helpful. My 99 year old mother and father-in-law were guests and they really kept track and helped my mother. Bill was awesome along with several others on staff. The rooms are very reasonably priced too! There is a small market off the lobby where you can purchase a number of items. The gym is nice with a good variety of equipment.

Room Tip: Never had a bad one!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Good Morning...

Thank you for allowing us to serve you during your most recent trip to visit your daughter at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. Seeing how this isn't your first trip to the area, it is nice to hear that your experiences at our Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona hotel have all been memorable. Your observations and experiences are shared with all of our guests and we hear such great comments regarding our location, our service and our upgraded product. Not only this, but your views regarding Bill at our Front Desk are shared by so many of our guests. He is truly an asset to our organization and I will make sure he is recognized (again) for his outstanding service.

Thank you for the GREAT review!! Please visit us again soon! We look forward to serving you in the future!

West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very clean and staff were very nice. Close to Universities, airport and shopping. Free breakfast was great and they extended my stay as needed and did not have any issues doing so. Room was clean and neat. Grounds and pool were in good order and plenty of towels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Good Morning...

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for the great review! Our team prides itself on delivering outstanding service and a clean, crisp product for our guests. I am pleased to hear that you were able to experience all of that in our conveniently located Daytona Beach location.

Please visit us again soon! We look forward to serving you again in the future!!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

You never know when you are going to have an unexpected surprise and the Residence Inn on the Speedway in Daytona – was our unexpected surprise. Why you ask? What could be different about this Residence Inn?
People, comfort and appearance. Bill gave us so much service, was happy and just knew how to make a guest feel welcome. He went above and beyond the call of duty wanted to carry on a conversation took interest in his guests. He switched us to two queen beds, gave complimentary waters, local tips and made sure my son knew about breakfast and conversed with him. You know the old saying – happy wife, happy life. Bill knew to treat my son special and he would make mom happy, then husband is happy and the family has a great time!
Something I suggested that the clerk at the Bohemian Hotel in Celebration needed a lesson on. Bill and the team from Daytona Residence Inn should give some lessons to other Marriott Staff members. The other clerks we encountered were friendly but we only spoke in quick passing.
The room was checked before we entered – it was clean! This hotel was clean and staff was in the business of hospitality and really got it. Kudos to all of you.
The breakfast was standard fare and satisfying enough remember it was included in price of room.
Location was perfect for our needs while there for basketball tournament and we were in for only one night. Remember I said one night and we were treated like gold. We used a reward certificate for this night so I didn’t pay for the night and still was treated like gold. That’s why I stay committed to Marriott because when I run into people like Bill they make me want to come back. Check out my other reviews and you will know that I am fair and well-traveled to know what feels good, looks good and is good.
I would stay again just because and maybe next time try to squeeze in a tour of speedway.

Room Tip: We were pool side on the ground level. Quiet and no complaints.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Good Morning and thank you for your recent stay with us in Daytona Beach! Your fantastic comments are much appreciated and your observations of Bill and the rest of our team will most definitely be shared with our entire staff. Bill is an outstanding associate and always goes above and beyond for our guests. I will be sure to recognize him for his efforts with your family's stay.

Again, thank you for the great comments! We look forward to having you back in the near future!!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel summer 2012. Yes, this is a bit late, but i wanted to give this hotel the review that it deserved. First off, I'd like to say that the staff was wonderful. They were so kind to the kids, always willing to give them balls and help them out if needed. Also, the staff was very pleasant and friendly with you. I have a cousin that works for Mariott Headquarters and we got a discount on our room. We drove here, so we had gotten there a bit earlier than we had intended. We got there at 6 PM-ish, a day early. And the staff added another night, for the same price, understanding our situation. They applied the discount with no questions or concerns. Next, I'd like to say that the hotel in all was just absolutely gorgeous. The cleanest hotel I've ever been to. The elevators worked perfectly and were very spacious for a family of six and more. ( Not to mention carrying all the beach stuff we had). You can always find good parking, no matter where you are or where it's located. As I said earlier, we were a family of 6. We had a two bedroom suite with one king bed, one queen bed and a sofa couch. There was a bathroom for each bedroom and a very useful kitchen. Room service was fantastic most of the time. A little late with pacing themselves, but the hotel is big. Their work was fantastic and they always replaced the delicious popcorn bag complimentary of the hotel. The towels were always replaced. The beds are so comfortable. and the bedding smells so good and is just wonderful. Just writing this makes me miss it. It was very spacy. Not crowded at all. We had a view of the pool, Very quiet, and most of the time we had the pool to ourselves. While our stay there, they were repainting so it was kind of noisy but only in the morning. It was sort of awkward swimming with them there. I didn't like how you had to turn the spa on by yourself, and we did have to clean the pool ourselves because it was so dirty. But it was windy and surrounded by trees, so go figure. Not too long a drive to the beach. Just a few minutes. Most people would want oceanfront hotels but i liked this one. So cheap for what you are getting. The free breakfast saved us a lot of money. It was amazing. Different things every day, and never too crowded. The happy hour they'd have 3 or 4 times a week was great. Felt like a family BBQ most of the time. Does not show wear, i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this hotel. I don't think i'll ever like a hotel after this.

Room Tip: Over look the pool, and higher up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Marriott in Daytona Beach. I wasn't with the hotel when you stayed with us in the summer of 2012, but I am more than happy to accept such a fantastic review!

Thank you for the GREAT comments. I will be sharing your experience with our team so they can see how their caring and service-oriented behaviors can really make a difference with a guest's stay.

Again, thank you for the wonderful comments. Please come see us again!

Alex Freid

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport? Share your experiences!