“Outstanding experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #25 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Outstanding experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

You never know when you are going to have an unexpected surprise and the Residence Inn on the Speedway in Daytona – was our unexpected surprise. Why you ask? What could be different about this Residence Inn?
People, comfort and appearance. Bill gave us so much service, was happy and just knew how to make a guest feel welcome. He went above and beyond the call of duty wanted to carry on a conversation took interest in his guests. He switched us to two queen beds, gave complimentary waters, local tips and made sure my son knew about breakfast and conversed with him. You know the old saying – happy wife, happy life. Bill knew to treat my son special and he would make mom happy, then husband is happy and the family has a great time!
Something I suggested that the clerk at the Bohemian Hotel in Celebration needed a lesson on. Bill and the team from Daytona Residence Inn should give some lessons to other Marriott Staff members. The other clerks we encountered were friendly but we only spoke in quick passing.
The room was checked before we entered – it was clean! This hotel was clean and staff was in the business of hospitality and really got it. Kudos to all of you.
The breakfast was standard fare and satisfying enough remember it was included in price of room.
Location was perfect for our needs while there for basketball tournament and we were in for only one night. Remember I said one night and we were treated like gold. We used a reward certificate for this night so I didn’t pay for the night and still was treated like gold. That’s why I stay committed to Marriott because when I run into people like Bill they make me want to come back. Check out my other reviews and you will know that I am fair and well-traveled to know what feels good, looks good and is good.
I would stay again just because and maybe next time try to squeeze in a tour of speedway.

Room Tip: We were pool side on the ground level. Quiet and no complaints.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Good Morning and thank you for your recent stay with us in Daytona Beach! Your fantastic comments are much appreciated and your observations of Bill and the rest of our team will most definitely be shared with our entire staff. Bill is an outstanding associate and always goes above and beyond for our guests. I will be sure to recognize him for his efforts with your family's stay.

Again, thank you for the great comments! We look forward to having you back in the near future!!

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel summer 2012. Yes, this is a bit late, but i wanted to give this hotel the review that it deserved. First off, I'd like to say that the staff was wonderful. They were so kind to the kids, always willing to give them balls and help them out if needed. Also, the staff was very pleasant and friendly with you. I have a cousin that works for Mariott Headquarters and we got a discount on our room. We drove here, so we had gotten there a bit earlier than we had intended. We got there at 6 PM-ish, a day early. And the staff added another night, for the same price, understanding our situation. They applied the discount with no questions or concerns. Next, I'd like to say that the hotel in all was just absolutely gorgeous. The cleanest hotel I've ever been to. The elevators worked perfectly and were very spacious for a family of six and more. ( Not to mention carrying all the beach stuff we had). You can always find good parking, no matter where you are or where it's located. As I said earlier, we were a family of 6. We had a two bedroom suite with one king bed, one queen bed and a sofa couch. There was a bathroom for each bedroom and a very useful kitchen. Room service was fantastic most of the time. A little late with pacing themselves, but the hotel is big. Their work was fantastic and they always replaced the delicious popcorn bag complimentary of the hotel. The towels were always replaced. The beds are so comfortable. and the bedding smells so good and is just wonderful. Just writing this makes me miss it. It was very spacy. Not crowded at all. We had a view of the pool, Very quiet, and most of the time we had the pool to ourselves. While our stay there, they were repainting so it was kind of noisy but only in the morning. It was sort of awkward swimming with them there. I didn't like how you had to turn the spa on by yourself, and we did have to clean the pool ourselves because it was so dirty. But it was windy and surrounded by trees, so go figure. Not too long a drive to the beach. Just a few minutes. Most people would want oceanfront hotels but i liked this one. So cheap for what you are getting. The free breakfast saved us a lot of money. It was amazing. Different things every day, and never too crowded. The happy hour they'd have 3 or 4 times a week was great. Felt like a family BBQ most of the time. Does not show wear, i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this hotel. I don't think i'll ever like a hotel after this.

Room Tip: Over look the pool, and higher up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Marriott in Daytona Beach. I wasn't with the hotel when you stayed with us in the summer of 2012, but I am more than happy to accept such a fantastic review!

Thank you for the GREAT comments. I will be sharing your experience with our team so they can see how their caring and service-oriented behaviors can really make a difference with a guest's stay.

Again, thank you for the wonderful comments. Please come see us again!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed there for work last week and was pleasently surprised how nice the staff were. We arrived around 6 pm on a Thurs and there was a hamburgers and hots dogs wine, beer being served for all the guests. How nice. If you ae near the speedway it is worth the stay.
Internet was sketchy, could not alway able to connect. The front desk tried to reset every time someone asked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Good Afternoon....

Thank you for your recent stay with us! Our entire staff truly appreciates the wonderful comments as we share these comments in our daily meetings.

Also, thank you for your comments regarding the internet service and the issues you encountered. We are aware of the issue and we are in the process of getting it resolved. Due to the nature of the underlying issue, it is requiring a major change in our equipment. The project is underway and should be completed within the next month.

Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Corfu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff is friendly, helpful and service was super from front desk, breakfast attendants, social hour workers, maintenance to housekeeping. We look forward to the friendly faces each year we visit.
The internet was off more than on. The pools heater was not working entire stay however it was clean. With the cold temps this had many guests grumbling. The new chairs around pool were a nice improvement.
Room was clean and beds were ok. Bedding was worn. Friends room on first floor was not clean however.
The rooms are in need of upgrade as they show signs of wear and tear and couch cushions sunk when you sat on it.
We had a nice time and most issues we had the staff addressed them promptly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon...

Thank you for choosing Marriott for your hotel of choice in Daytona Beach. We know there are a lot of choices when selecting a hotel and we are very excited to have you back each year!

It is wonderful to hear your positive comments regarding our hotel and our staff. We strive every day to ensure we deliver service so memorable, I guests tell stories about it. With regards to the internet, we are currently involved in a project to completely change over our internet system. We have heard our guests and we are taking action to resolve the issue.

Also, we have been planning a rooms renovation and are hopeful to have a plan in place by the end of this year. Our team has done a fabulous job maintaining our rooms, but we have also heard our guests regarding the age of some of the furniture in the rooms.

Please note that we are working on all of the issues you mentioned and you should see major improvements when you come back to stay with us again. In fact, we have already repaired the pool heater and, as you saw, we replaced all of our pool furniture within the last year.

We are looking forward to you serving you again in the very near future. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and Residence Inn in Daytona Beach!

Kissimmee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Reserved a double queen room on a high floor in a quiet area. I was having surgery and was staying the night after the surgey When we arrived at the hotel at almost 4 pm they did not have a double queen room ready. The guy (I think his name was William) at the front desk was not very nice and for some reason he also decided to mess with our resv. Compared to the other person (I think Bill) who was very nice, at the hotel I had spoken before and at check out. So the room William put us in was over the sports court and the pool. Got to listen to kids screeming until 11 at night. The room was nice but the furniture was worn and dated and the beds could use new mattresses. The breakfast was good. The happy hour was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon...

First and foremost, thank you for your most recent stay with us as well as taking the time to post your comments regarding the service and amenities.

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the service you come to expect at a Marriott hotel. Please note that this is not our typical level of service and I am sorry that you had this experience. Your comments have been shared with our team to ensure future guests do not have this same experience.

With regards to the aging of the rooms, we have heard our guests on this issue and we are currently in the process of planning for a rooms renovation. While our team has done a fabulous job in maintaining our rooms, we need to start planning on renovating. We hope to have a plan in place by the end of this year.

We are very eager at the opportunity to serve you again in the future. When you plan to make your trip to our hotel again, please contact me directly at the hotel so I can personally ensure your stay is at the level of service you expect.

Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff. I stayed in a 1 BR suite. The furniture was worn and dated. The mattress was very comfortable. Kitchen was adequate and appeared updated. Sparse kitchen utensils. Couch was worn and uncomfortable. Not the updated Residence Inn style, but adequate for my stay. Would stay here again if working in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pasadena, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had an absolutely wonderful stay. We had a very long drive and upon arrival we had the most warm and friendly greeting we could have. I cannot say enough about how friendly, helpful and courteous the staff was. The hotel was very clean. I am very picky and the rooms were spotless. I was very nervous because of some posts I saw on here but was very pleasantly suprised by this hotel. Beds were very comfortable, suites were a very spacious. Included a breakfast buffet that was delicious with lots of choices. The pool was clean and beautiful and had a hot tub. The fitness room was also great. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat if in the area. The only two things that I could even complain about were the internet, I could not get the wifi to connect from my room at all and the location of the elevators. There were two elevators in one location and if your room was at one end of the building it was quite a hike. Other than those two things it was an awesome stay. I was very nervous when I first arrived because I did not realize this hotel was literally right next to the airport but I never heard one plane our entire stay. Also, this is about a 10 minute drive to the beach so you will need transportation if going to the beach but there is a ton to do right near the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport? Share your experiences!