“Great for a week or more” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1725 Richard Petty Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL 32114   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #25 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
American in Maputo
“Great for a week or more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family in the Daytona area. The location is nice if you have business to conduct at the airport or one of the local universities. It was close to some shopping that we needed to do which was nice as well.

The staff was always quite friendly and helpful and the breakfast was not bad. It's a small buffet type but they have the usual spread of fruit, cereal, waffle maker, toast, coffee and juice; it's included in the price.

We stayed here in a single queen suite for about a week and the room type was useful. It's a Residence Inn so it has a kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven and sink if you want to self cater. The room was large enough for our toddler son to run around and play in without worrying he could get into something. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet; I specifically listened for jet noise and could not be bothered by it a bit. The room was very clean as were the linens and dishes.

The bathroom looked as if it was getting a bit tired and wanted for updating but not so much it bothered us.

There is a pool but it didn't seem like anything special. The hotel is approximately a 10 minute drive from A1A and the beaches.

Overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Rooms are very well appointed and ready for short or lengthy stays. Staff were great, helpful on all accounts. I didn't have time to use any amenities other than their breakfast which did the job just fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Red Lion, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My son and I stayed in the 2 queen suite for 2 nights while moving him into school. I am very particular when it comes to cleanliness of hotel rooms and I usually expect to have to clean something. I was soooo pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to clean anything!!!! I just wish every person working in hotel housekeeping would do as wonderful a job as ours did. I loved the kitchen and the pool view was beautiful. The fact that the bedroom was separated from the room door to hallway allowed us to sleep in because we were exhausted from our 9 hour drive. The laundry facility came in handy since we were coming from a week's vacation and my son had to do laundry. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast was delicious. We had a wonderful stay. Unfortunately, it wasn't long enough for me. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Clean and well maintained Residence Inn, however it has been 8 years since construction of this hotel and although it has been well maintained, the eight year old carpet is beginning to show its age...and has that old carpet smell. Simply replacing the carpet would do wonders for this place! Some upgrades including flat screen tvs on all rooms, furniture, bedding, and wallpaper with current artwork have been added over the years. This is a popular hotel and gets a lot of use. Common areas appear to have been upgraded at some point. This hotel is within walking distance of Daytona Beach Speedway and closed to shopping and dning options. Management indicated a renovation was due next year. Looking forward to next year's stay as the staff is outstanding and this is one of my favorite Residence Inn properties.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when my flight was cancelled at the last minute. The hotel came and picked me up at the airport, got me settled in my room, and made sure I found a good dinner nearby. They also had a driver standing by for my 4am trip back to the airport. Excellent service. The suite was luxurious, well furnished and was quite relaxing. I loved this hotel and the service provided.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was here on business for in August 2012. I had been in the Courtyard my first night, and checked out after hearing from colleagues that the Residence Inn was better suited to our needs.

For the same price as the Courtyard, I had an enormous suite, free breakfast (as opposed to the microwaved eggs the Courtyard "bistro" has) and good internet access (also something lacking at the Courtyard).

The gym was small and had dated equipment. However, the pool area was nice and the rest of the property seemed recently updated.

I had no issues with room cleanliness that other reviewers noted. The staff was incredibly accommodating when it came to having to change our reservations, and it was a nice stay. The next time I'm in the area I'd probably want to stay at the beach (this hotel is adjacent to the airport and speedway) but this is a well-run, nice property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at many a Residence Inn for the past 13 years so I had certain expectations when I stayed at the Daytona Beach property. I must say that the location is great and I absolutely LOVED the layout of the room. The staff was friendly, also. The problem I had was that there was an issue with cleanliness. There were hairs in the bathtub from previous guests, wherever there was a tile floor, it was sticky. The bed linens were old - clean, but old (it didn't feel like that crisp, hotel feeling). I even stepped on a previous guest's old, squished Reeses Buttercup candy that had been left on the floor for who knows how long?? When I stay in hotels, I like to walk around barefoot (to my mother's horror) but in this hotel, I didn't feel comfortable doing that. We all know that hotels are cesspools of germs, but we prefer to not be reminded about it visually. While I could tell that the hotel had once been really nice, it was not what I expected from a Marriott Residence Inn. :(

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport? Share your experiences!