“Fantastic! The Best In Daytona!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

You added Wyndham Ocean Walk to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Walk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 N. Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Ocean Walk Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indiana
“Fantastic! The Best In Daytona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

This has to be the best place to stay in Daytona. I took my family there for a week and had a great time. There are numerous activities provided by the resort for the kids (and adults) to do while staying here. There are crafts, games, outdoor pool-side movies at night, put-put golf, etc. Speaking of the pools, they have 2 full sized pools, water slide, two hot tubs, and a huge lazy river that the kids loved.

All of "The Beach Scene" is here or within a 3 minute walk of here. The boardwalk is a short walk, a 10 movie theater is next door, go-carts & water park across the street, shopping, resturants, etc. is within easy walking distance.

The staff is very helpful, very friendly, and they have many discounts or free tickets to local attractions such as the ski lift at the pier, dog race tickets, etc. This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this resort and we will most likely stay here again. The rooms are huge! In the deluxe rooms they have a king sized bed in the master bed room and a jacuzzi hot tub! The other bedroom has two queen sized beds and plenty of extra room. There are closets, a large dinning table, full kitchen, etc. The only draw back is the $2,000/week price tag. I would like to find a similar resort with a lazy river on the gulf side if anyone knows of one.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — The price
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

I LOVED this resort and so did my sons. We are points owners through Fairfield, but actually traded with a friend and booked this through Worldmark since the Fairfield rooms were already booked. We weren't fortunate enough to get an ocean view, but still the city/river view was fantastic from the walk-around balcony. The suite was spacious and immaculate, and the kitchen was well stocked. I can't say enough good things about the pool areas....from the slide in one pool to the long lazy river to the kids' water play area. Everything was very clean and even the prices at the outdoor pool were low for a resort.

Convenient indoor bar/lounge area in the beautiful lobby, and an indoor upscale cafeteria style dining area as well. TERRIFIC computer access in the adults-only computer room, and a separate under-18 computer room was well-staffed and supervised. Unbelievable fitness center and activity rooms for the kids.

This resort is right on the ocean front and the beach was beautiful as well....although with the shark attacks just up the road (so to speak) we stayed onshore and in the pool. But just being on the water was so nice. I'm almost hesitant to write such a good review because we want to go back and I'm afraid it will be completely booked!!!

My only complaint was we asked for a week but a week with Worldmark turned out to be 6 nights only...oh well....

• Liked — Luxurious amenities and location.
  • Disliked — Long elevator waits.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
kytravelguy1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

After reading most of the reviews, we were quite concerned about staying. However, we encountered none of the terrible concerns mentioned earlier.

Concerning check-in, while it was 9 pm, it took about 5 minutes as there was no line. The desk staff was helpful and gave us good information. We had a 3 bedroom suite which has a balcony facing the beach. The unit had no major problems. Minor ones included no TV remote for the master bedroom, and the living room tv remote did not work well.

Cooking supplies as in pans, etc., were quite slim, but we managed. Due to what we had to pay for the unit, we chose to eat as many of our meals in as possible. The refrigerator and ice maker was turned to the off position when we arrived, so it took a few minutes for the frig and freezer to get cold and the ice to produce. The unit was
clean and well done. We only asked for additional wash clothes and all were delivered within 15 minutes. Then the desk called to make sure they were delivered.

There are 4 elevators which serve each tower. There can be a wait during busy times of the day. We used those times to get a short workout and take the stairs to our 10th floor.

Our 4 kids, ages 10-15, enjoyed the mini golf and game room. The pools were crowded on the weekend days but slowed down considerably on weekdays. On the weekend, the chairs were taken or marked with towels very early. Mgmt did issue notices to those who had not used their towels within 30 minutes by not being at the pool. It all seemed to work out.

Parking can be tight in the parking structure. By late in the evening, spaces are hard to find. I was notified that a $12 a day charge would begin by 6/1.

We did not eat at the resort except at the pool bar one day. Due to the crowd, it was extremely busy and very slow. The pools were great,
the water warm, and the late night activities such as the "dive in" movie was great. This was a large, inflated movie screen by the pool.

Access to the beach was very convenient through a gate at the back of the middle of the pool area. Vendors are immediately behind the gate with umbrellas, chairs, etc. for $25/day.

It was convenient to have everything next door such as the movie theatre, Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, Baskins-Robbins across the street, IHOP down the street, etc.

The beach was great, waves were good...we had no problems at all. We would seriously consider the resort again. We paid about $300/
night. This resort is next door to the Hilton Resort. I believe these two resorts are by far the nicest in this area of the beach. Next door was the Daytona Beach Regency, which looked like a much smaller, yet well done resort with pool activities. But we know nothing about staying there.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

We rented our condo from a private owner and have to say that the view from the 7th floor was beautiful. We were located in the North Tower overlooking the pool with a slide. The staff was nice to me when I checked in and had no problems with my check in. Our room was clean, plenty of towels, and did I mention the view was wonderful. I asked for a crib after we checked in, housekeeping brought one up and then the front desk called to make sure we got it. The pools were awesome. We have stayed at alot of condos and this has become one of our favorites. I was scared before going on this trip from reading this website but after getting there and seeing if for myself I was not disappointed. My advise is to try to rent from a private owner. They do not bother you about buying a timeshare. The pools do get crowded fast but we go for the beach.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — No CD player in Condo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed at Ocean Walk May 12-19. This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this resort. We are guests of my sister, who is a owns points through Fairfield (now Wyndham). We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe, oceanfront room in the north tower. I mention the tower because this was the first time for us in the north tower and it seemed a little nicer than the south tower. I have read the recent reviews of this resort and was anxious to let people know how are stay went. We were very happy - we had 3 maintenance issues when we got to the room (screen door, light bulb, safe) and all were fixed within 30 minutes of reporting them. It took about 2 minutes to check-in (about 4:30 on a Saturday) and about the same to check-out(about 9:30am on a Saturday). The pools were warm, the grounds were beautiful. We had no complaints at all. There were some minor changes - there was definitely more security than in the past and you had to were your wristbands around the pools. I welcome this. They no longer do the cookouts, instead they serve food out of the tiki bar. We did not order any food. They no longer had the "theme night" as in the past, but this was no great loss to us either. You could not access the beach from the resort due to construction on a city park, so this was a minor inconvenience but not the resort's fault. We did talk to the guy who brought up our luggage about the recent bad reviews and he did say that since Wyndham took over the employees were not as happy as they were with Fairfield and that with major maintenance issues they were taking longer to resolve. As I mentioned above, we had no trouble with our maintenance issues. The room was very clean and well-stocked. I will attach some photos of the place. I still think this is the best place to stay in Daytona and I think Daytona in general is making improvements to clean up the city and make it more upscale. Overall, we had an outstanding stay and our interaction with the staff was very pleasing. I tried to add photos, but they look terrible after I added them. They looked fine before this. Any help would be appreciated.

Stayed May 2007
Savage, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2007

Our family of 6 (1 of which was our 11 year old daughter who is disabled and wheelchair bound) rented a condo at Ocean Walk Resort from a private owner. The location was on the 23rd floor with an excellent view of the ocean right outside on the patio. As soon as we opened up the glass doors, the ocean sounded as if it were 10 feet away. The owner 's description of the facilities and all that was offered was very honest and accurate. We will recommend renting a condo to our friends and family (from a private owner) as our family had an experience of a lifetime. Did I mention that I never once woke up during any of the 5 nights we stayed because of the high quality mattress, until a little too late in the morning?

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

Spent a week at Ocean Walk . Had a 2 Bedroom that was large and very nice. Pool area was nice, gets a little crowded in the afternoon. The week we were there there was terrible smoke smell fromt he fires and then bad weather from the Sub Tropical Storm Andrea so we left for 2 days and headed south to find the sun! The beach at Ocean Walk is hard sand and is plagued by high tides that come in to the sea wall so when the weather began to change you could not sit on the beach. We were lucky that the weather in Orlando was beautiful so we did the Disney thing for 2 days and then headed to Cocoa Beach for better weather, less smoke and nicer beaches. Can't say anything bad about the hotel itself , it was a nice place and good kids activites for the rainy days. But I wouldn't go back to the Daytona area again.

• 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Wyndham Ocean Walk? Share your experiences!