“Nice play to stay only a few surprises.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Ocean Walk to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Walk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 N. Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Ocean Walk Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #55 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Upstate SC
“Nice play to stay only a few surprises.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We went on the trip for part business/part family trip. We went with our family of 4 plus 2 inlaws. The overall Resort was fabulous! Plenty of things to do at the resort, staff was pretty friendly and helpful and suite was very clean and nice. We only had a few surprises.... First when we booked the room we told the person that we would need 2 parking spaces. We were told it wasn't a problem the 1st space would be complimentary and the 2nd space was $10. What we didn't find out until we arrived was that only 1 of the 2 would be in the Wyndam Parking Garage. The 2nd space was across the street in the public parking garage. Not a huge deal, but a little aggravating when we all left to go somewhere. Then there was the luggage carts... if you want one, be prepared to give the attendant at the carts your driver's license. You won't get a cart unless you do. Again, not a big deal, but not too crazy about having to leave the license to get a cart. And finally, we did not know that they didn't have housekeeping come in unless you call and request (not a big deal though, I prefer people not running in and out of my room unless I'm there anyway). But we did find out after asking about getting additional clean towels that we had to wash the ones we had.(there was a stackable W/D in the suite). Again, not too big of a deal, but just wasn't informed. Pools could have used a vaccuum a little more but not bad.
Overall it was a great place. Not complaining about these things just informing you of things we did not know at first.
I did love the place. It was very well kept, staff was friendly, on site store and eating options. Just a few steps away is the Ocean Walk Shores Shoppes. There you find many different types of food, clothing, and a movie theater. Also there is the Bubba Gump Restaurant. There were plenty of pools on the property and security was seen constantly. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

1,358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

loved this resort, plenty of security on the beach and resort to keep you safe, love the amenties. great lounge and little snack bar, couple of pools, a small lazy river and water slide, with a kids water area, also shops, restuarants, movie theater and water park next door. can't drive on beach at resort but entrance only a few blocks away if you would like to do that I did not like the parking, but I guess limited space near beach. Looked like other parts of Daytona were hurting so not much open, but did not need to go far, everything pretty much right there at your resort. A little pricey, and everyone does not get a window, a balcony toward ocean is precious.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dent, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was great because it had so much to do at the resort itself! There were bike rentals and beach rentals right in front of the hotel! Had a girls weekend with my family members and we had a blast! Nice big rooms so there was plenty of room for all our luggage! The only thing is that they allowed only one car parking ticket. We had two cars so we had to pay extra to park that car in a ramp across the street but other than that great hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

This place was connected to the movie theater mall & beside the band shell! It has 2 indoor & 2 outdoor pools. Also an inside putt putt golf course and a putting area in the middle of the lazy river. Inner Tubes are FREE and it is definately fun for all ages. There is a cool bar by the pool but it is not the place just to be quiet and listen to the ocean- Always music blasting! There is a fun slide for older kids and a entire little kids play area with sprinkler and pool. You must get a ocean front room! The master bdrm lacks a balcony but has a jacuzzi. The 2nd and 3rd bdrms windows face the outer hallway. The hallway stays lite 24/7. It only has blinds and it's never completely dark in the room. I was in the master but if I had to sleep a week in the other rooms it would annoy me- really silly design! My unit had a mold issue under the sink cabnets. You could not see it but smelled it strong when you opened the doors. Same smell in bathroom toilet room so I just left door shut at all times. I have allergies so it was bother some. There must have been a leak at some point but no visible problems now, just the lingering smell. The staff was ridiculouly friendly and helpful. Lots of things for the kids to do all day and a fair amount for adults as well. There is only free parking for 1 car and $10 fee for each addition. TV's are older and small and there is no internet in the unit but there is a business center and free wi-fi in the lobby. It had a stackable washer & dryer. Kitchen was nicely furnished, also had an icemaker & dish washer. My unit had a vacuum sweeper and the belt broke. The maintenance person was surprised that the sweeper was there and said it will be replaced with a Swifter for carpet. . With seven people & dark carpet the sweeper needed to be ran every second day and I definately would want a electric sweeper to pick up more than just surface dirt! You had to sign for beach towels & they had a $15 charge per towel if not returnrd. We ate Pizza at 3 differnt places- Napoli across the street was open late and was the Best!

• Liked — Location, Friendly Staff, Lots of activites, Lg Master Bath
  • Disliked — Small balcony, 2nd & 3rd bdrm couldn't keep out lite, Couldn't see TV from jacuzzi tub in master bath
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I am from Pennsylvania and recently stayed at the Wyndham Ocean Walk Resort in Daytona Beach Florida. This was my first time to Daytona Beach and an easy 20 years since I had a “real” getaway vacation. My girlfriend and I started off having a great time until our UPSCALE RESORT ROOM WAS BURGLARIZED. I would like to share my experience with you so you can make your own decision as to whether or not you want to risk having a similar experience yourself at this resort.
We arrived at the Wyndham Ocean Walk Resort on September 1, 2009, around 4:00pm. We had no trouble checking in as some people have stated, however, it was only a Tuesday. We then began our vacation by enjoying the resort facilities, the beach, many local establishments, sightseeing, and of course the Daytona 500 Speedway Experience Tour…this was a BIG highlight of my vacation. So far I had taken about 500 pictures during the first 48 hours of our trip.
On Thursday, September 3, 2009, we enjoyed a great meal and perfect service at the Outback Steakhouse. We returned to our room, #1406, around 8:30pm…. Keep in mind we were only gone for about 2 hours! Upon entering our room, I noticed the bathroom light was on (I turned “everything” off when we left). As I entered the bedroom I soon discovered my camera bag and equipment were missing (value of contents $2400.00)….. I further searched our room and noticed the balcony door looked slightly open… I grabbed the door and it opened right up. The lock was in the locked position, but due to a malfunctioning door, it did not catch the hook inside the door jam and allowed the door to be opened from the outside. Also stolen were prescription medication, cash, and our dresser drawers were gone through. The rooms on either side of us were not in use, so how could someone possibly enter a balcony door on the 14th floor?
I immediately contacted the resort manager, security, and the Daytona Beach PD. A lock interrogation (which electronically reads all recorded entries through only the main door of the room) was performed by resort security. The results showed no entry through our front door #1406, no entry through door #1407 on our right, and a recorded 2:00pm entry into room #1405 on our left. This entry was determined to be made by a member of the resort maintenance department who entered room #1405 at 2:00pm to work on “lighting”. The balcony design at this resort allows an individual to hop over a waist high railing from one balcony to another between certain groups of rooms. These rooms are all connected by a common balcony and are able to be accessed by hopping over the railing.
I was told by management that the security guards watch the balconies for such activities. It seems this is a common problem here. Can you imagine what your neck would feel like looking up at balconies all the time? I observed security guards being nothing more than outdoor pool monitors; socializing, reprimanding kids running in the pool area, opening the gate for guests who did not carry their key card, and watching that no guest leaves their personal belongings at a pool chair for more than 30 minutes while swimming. If you do, they will take your stuff. How can you concentrate on effectively watching balconies when you are doing this other nonsense? My opinion is maybe there’s something more going on behind the scenes here.
The D.B.P.D. took fingerprints and DNA samples for the record. I requested a viewing of resort security tapes and was told; no manpower (I volunteered), no time (I offered my time), no cameras on the floors or by the elevators, and the cameras they do have allegedly are not located anywhere to be of value in this situation, unless someone just happens to walk by one of them. Apparently the current security system at this resort is useless when you need it most; it is better suited to protect a thief instead of the guests.
My experience with management regarding this incident continues as pathetic and very unprofessional. I felt they were very insensitive to our situation. In the 36 hours after our loss, NO ONE from the resort even had the compassion to check on us. They filled out paperwork as routine and conducted no creditable search for our stolen property. At my request, the adjoining rooms were opened and searched for a possible suspect in hiding. I was later somewhat comforted by the insinuation that their insurance would cover our loss, this turned into A BIG JOKE!! We were nothing but pacified in order to keep everything quiet from the other guests. The shift manager slipped the insurance claim paperwork through our door sometime the next night (Friday), not even the common courtesy to meet with us in a professional manner face to face. I told her she could call me at “any time”, she never did. We checked out on Saturday, September 5, 2009, nothing ever felt so good!!!
Upon returning home, I contacted their insurance provider and was assigned an “Adjuster”. After my claim was filed, I got nothing but a runaround. My calls to the adjuster went unanswered and were rarely returned, my emails were not replied to, and questions about my claim were avoided. After the insurance adjuster concluded his investigation, I was told the resort felt they were not liable for our loss and therefore it will not be covered. Well, what is the purpose of insurance? I also spoke with Wyndham Corporate executives who refused to accept liability which would have allowed payment for my loss. My loss is a drop in the bucket compared to what they make through their corporate greed. It seems to me that Wyndham calls the shots for the insurance provider and the guest only gets screwed. We are also supposed to get a refund for our room; I will believe that only if it happens. Even if it does, I am still out almost $2500.00 from a resort who could care less about its guests.
In order to possibly locate this camera and track down the thief, I am providing a description of only the stolen items which are identified by a serial number. Please circulate this information in an attempt to locate this stolen equipment. If anyone should identify this equipment, please contact the Daytona Beach Police at 386-671-5100. STOLEN ITEMS: Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera S/N 3168764; Nikon 18-105mm VR lens S/N 36140518; Nikon 55-200mm VR lens S/N 1263978

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Nice waterfront 1BR condo at a very reasonable rate if you book early. Within the closed area on the beach so there is no vehicle traffic. Nice central location.
Drawback: Security fee for pool towels.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Balto., Md.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I would definitely go back to the Oceanwalk, Overall the resort is quite nice.
All public areas are kept clean The security personnel were all nice. "MOST" of the front desk clerks were quite nice, helpful too.
If they would just replace the two 'OLD' double bed mattresses with some new ones. The bedroom is quite large, they could put two queen size beds which would be better yet!!
I wish I had taken some pictures of those beds!! You sank in the middle!!!
The resort has a nice toddler's area pool, two outdoor pools, hot tubs, indoor pools, Tiki bar, children's activities center, I could go on. It is a family resort, so I guess at times it could be overrun with kids!! We visited the resort the last week in August, kids first week in school down south, so, it was nice, some but not a lot of school age kids. quite a few young families though,with toddlers. I did enjoy the beach and/ or pool areas everyday!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Ocean Walk? Share your experiences!