“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

You added Wyndham Ocean Walk to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Walk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 N. Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Ocean Walk Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brookville, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We loved the location of this resort as well as the 2 outdoor swimming pools, lazy river, and kids water area. We didn't use either of the 2 indoor pools. We also loved the beachfront as well as the short walking distance to many activities. We had several issues with the room but the resort took care of those issues. I would definitely stay there again.

Dear CorryNLisa,

We are so glad you enjoyed our pools and beaches! Although I am glad the staff resolved your issues quickly, I apologize that you had to take any time from your stay to report issues in your unit. We will certainly do a better job of being proactive next time. Regardless, thank you for choosing Ocean Walk, and we hope you will return soon.

Assistant Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We love Ocean Walk Resort! We just got back from a 9 day stay and everything was wonderful! We have been staying here for many years now and it is just amazing!! Our children and grandchildren love this resort and always look forward to our vacation! It is a beautiful place with several pools and a lazy river! It is next to the Ocean Walk shops and great eating places! Our check-in was fast and the people at the front desk were very friendly and nice. We stayed in a three bedroom and it was great! If you want a great vacation stay at Ocean Walk!

Room Tip: Ocean Front rooms have great views!
Dear Clara165,

Thank you for staying with us recently, and for taking the time to provide positive feedback! We are delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and will share your encouragement with the team. We hope you allow us an opportunity to host your visit again soon.

Sunny Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have to say the views are great and staying here, everything is within walking distance... Mostly. All you'll need anyways for a family vacation with 2 small kids. The rooms are definitely outdated. Looks like they threw furniture together to match. Still... It is Wyndham and it comes with there great guest service. Not the nicest Wyndham resort I've been in but far from the best. If your looking for a decent place to stay for a few days it's nice. Anything more than 3 days it gets old real fast.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Justin H,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you received good service and enjoyed your stay overall. Please rest assured our units are on a strict 5 year refurbishment schedule meaning they are refreshed and renovated on a regular basis. We hope you will consider returning in the near future.

Minneola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I came here for my birthday and Father's Day weekend. We were in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit and it had everything we needed. It took about 30 minutes to check in when I got here on Saturday which is a little long but it is a busy time of year so I guess it was to be expected. Every day that I've been here around check in time they have popcorn in the lobby which I thought was fun for the kids.

At different times of the day they had things to do for children and adults. Today was ice cream sundaes for $3. They have a lazy river, a kiddie pool, as well as an arcade in the lower lobby. The only downfall I would have to say is that you have to sign out beach towels and then return them to the activities desk before you leave. I've stayed at many Wyndham resorts and they are normally just in your room when you arrive. It is a bit of an inconvenience.

The resort is located in the heart of Daytona so there is no need to drive anywhere. It's located right on the beach with beautiful views. I was in an ocean front unit so we woke up every morning to the beach views. It's located right across the street from a pizza place and many tourist shops as well as a 5 minute walk to the pier. As far as the beach goes, you have to get there quite early in the morning to get a good spot unless you want to rent a beach umbrella for $30.

Our children had such a fun time and we will definitely return in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear thunter1282010,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us for Father's Day weekend. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the family activities and amenities our Resort has to offer. Although there is no doubt Daytona Beach is a popular place to visit and the summer months attract a higher volume of people, we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for considering a return visit, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Mount Washington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

What an amazing experience my family and I had at the Wyndham Oceanwalk. Last Sunday, 6/8/14, I lost my wedding band in the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. There was a gentleman in the ocean with a metal detector, and I asked if he has found the ring. He didn't, but did say that his name was Dennis and that he was a painter for the Oceanwalk... This morning, Pat, who is with the security at the resort called and stated, "Did you recently stay at the Wyndham Oceanwalk and lose a ring? One of our painters, Dennis, said that he was on a mission to find your ring for you, and you wont believe it, but he found the ring!". Pat said that they would mail my wedding band to me. About 30 minutes later, Pat called back to advise that he personally took the ring to the post office to mail the ring to me. That is the most amazing thing in the world to me. Completely above and beyond!!!! Thank you Dennis and Pat so much from the bottom of mine and my wife's hearts for doing this for us!! My family goes to Daytona every year now for over 30 years and this was our first time at this resort. Due to our experience, we will never stay anywhere else again.

Now, about the resort itself, it was perfect. The pools and lazy river were perfectly kept. The indoor pool option was great for my 5 year old son for the couple of hours of rain that we received. We played several games of Putt Putt in the indoor putt putt that the resort provides free of charge. My father and I shot some pool in the billiards room. The elevators were fast, even at the busy times of day. Also, on the days that were the hottest, the resort offered Ice Cream Sunday in the pool area!!! Was perfect!!

This resort is within walking distance to many of the great gift shops and attractions that Daytona Beach has to offer. We never had any trouble finding parking spots even thought the resort was full. The tiki bar in the pool area looked amazing, but since I had my child, we did not utilize the bar.

My wife and I are seriously considering a delayed honeymoon here in a month or so (Got married last fall, but was unable to take a honeymoon), and Daytona was not on our list, but after this experience, it is now number 1 on our list of possible destinations. My wife has never been to Dayton, and this resort, followed by the amazing above and beyond service of Dennis and Pat, has made her a believer that Daytona is the greatest beach in the world.

If management or anything would like to contact me, I would be more than happy to rave more about our great experience. Just let me know! I can go on for days about this experience.

Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Shannon F,

WOW! What an incredible story, and thank you so much for sharing. It gives me a great sense of pride that our staff is so genuinely passionate about our guests and owners, and their experience. I am looking forward to sharing your story with the entire team here at Ocean Walk. Dennis and Pat have set a high bar, and we will acknowledge them for their efforts. I am also delighted that you enjoyed all other aspects of your visit. Please plan that honey moon trip with us soon. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am totally unsatisfied with the service I received in planning my group reservation. This was my first time experience with Wyndham Ocean Walk Resorts. Money was taken out of my account that was not suppose to be taken out. I have been on the phone almost a week trying to resolve this issue. I keep getting the run around with representatives telling me I see the mistake but there is only a certain person that can resolve this issue but they are not present. This has been a nightmare with my bank account being on hold throughout Fathers Day weekend & now its Monday again yet still I am on hold for a supervisor to call me this afternoon. Just great!!! Meanwhile my Bank account is on hold. On top of that when I tried to call Wyndham Group reservations I got a representative name natasha who was very irate and short with my questions then she stated she was transferring me but hung up..

Room Tip: go to the facility and visit first
Green Features: I stayed on the 24 floor, we were not allowed to enjoy the balcony because there were so many bugs out there. The balcony ceiling was covered with bugs. The bed we needed a new mattress. I reported to the front desk, they told us it was nothing they could do that this was the season for bugs.
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Keya A,

I am disappointed to learn of your billing issue, and I apologize for the confusion. We do authorize credit cards on property, which by doing so, allows you to have charging privileges at the Resort restaurants, etc. but it definitely should be resolved for you by now. I will direct your feedback to my Front Office Management team right away for them to look into. I noticed there were no comments about your unit, the service while you were here, or Resort amenities; so I am hoping you had an otherwise great experience. Please contact me directly if I can be of additional assistance.

ENFIELD CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

August 2013 sorry for the late post.

This will be my 10th year coming in august and I will say again I have nothing bad to say this place is the only place worth staying at on Daytona Beach. If you don't want issues with cleanliness,WiFi, and a real special room for your money rent from Cindy Grutza shes the best.

Love Ocean walk!!!!

Room Tip: rent from Cindy Grutza
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Commanderhottie18,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. Our entire team is looking forward to your return visit in August.

Assistant Resort Manager

Been to Wyndham Ocean Walk? Share your experiences!