“average hotel....prices have doubled since i was there 2 years ago!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

You added Wyndham Ocean Walk to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Walk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 N. Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Ocean Walk Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
pocono, Pennsylvania, United States
“average hotel....prices have doubled since i was there 2 years ago!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The view was the only good thing about this hotel. We arrived to a wet carpet from what we found was an over flowing toilet every time it was flushed. The mildew smell was terrible. There was an exhaust fan inside the wall that turned on and off all times of the night and day and the noise from it was awful. I called the front desk and they said their maintenance guy would not be able to check it because he was so busy with other complaints. The furniture and décor in the room looks like it all came from the 1980s. We traveled 1,200 miles for vacation and this place was simply awful....I would not recommend staying here EVER!

Room Tip: if all rooms were anything like ours.....choose a different place to stay!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hi Johnny,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear that the unit furnishings did not meet your expectations and that you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with unit maintenance concerns. We know that when staying with Wyndham there is an expectation of satisfactory units and service. Please rest assured that we are looking into these maintenance and service concerns to make sure it is not an issue for future guests. Our goal is to have our resorts up to each guest’s standards and your feedback will help us to do so.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Traveled to Daytona for the first time and fell inlove with the picture perfect location. This hotel has all the amenities and service was top notch from management to security/valet and front desk. The rooms are gorgeous with all the amenities of home.
The pool and the lazy river are a must visit before heading over to the beach. The hotel is surrounded by many eateries and fun spots to keep you busy.
A special thank you to Derrick at the front desk for being a superstar with all of the guest issues that came up during the Rejuvenate conference, he handled them professionally.

The location and hotel is so perfect for a vacation I'll be returning soon and taking my husband for a quick getaway.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hi Kay,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed the property amenities and pool area. We look forward to your next visit.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was attending a conference with two other members of my team. Each of our rooms and experiences were terrible. My 1st room was so bad I asked to be moved to a different room. That was just as bad. There was a used toilet plunger in the closet with the suction part covered with a shower cap...in the closet where I'm supposed to hang my clothes! The bedroom had a window looking into the hallway with curtains and blinds that didn't fully close. The shower nob was filled with mold and as I closed the shower curtain a used wash cloth fell on me that was hanging on the shower rod which was overlooked by the housekeeper. The head of the conference personally had my team and I moved. Since I left the hotel I've called four times to get a refund (since they charged the full stay at check- in) and I've never never received the courtesy of a phone call back. The lobby makes you think you are entering a nice hotel but beware.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are disappointed to hear about the unit cleanliness issues you encountered, as we know this provided an inconvenience during your stay. We take the comfort of each guest very seriously. Please rest assured that we are looking into the issue and would be happy to further discuss your comments with you. Please email WVROnlineCare@wyn.com.
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was scared to death to come here after reading the reviews. But I got an amazing deal through EBay for a week here and I came to see family so I tried it. I called before coming and requested a high floor and ocean view. I got ocean front on the highest floor and could not be more pleased with the room. I have a 2 bedroom deluxe in the south tower and it is beautiful. It is clean, enormous, and I feel tremendously safe with a 3 and 8 year old. I did check in around 3:30 and had no problems at all. Took approximately 20 minutes (but this is the off season). Everyone was super friendly, and the time share reps were not pushy. They told me they would call to see if I was interested in the free breakfast or lunch. We are already Wyndham owners,so didn't want to attend. NOTE: This is not a hotel, you will not get maid service everyday!! Instead you will get a massive condo with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, living room, and balcony. I personally would rather not worry about being out of my room so housekeeping can come in. It's so much easier with kids not to have to clean up their toys everyday!! Plus Wyndham provides detergent, dish soap, and everything else you need. If and when we run out, we go to the front desk and request more, never a problem. This hotel has a phenomenal pool area, my kids would rather stay and play in the pools than go to Disney!! Arcade room is great, and a $5 woman's pamper hour is pretty sweet too. I am here now and don't want the week to end. I highly recommend this resort, you will not be sorry. Oh, and parking garage, no problems. All week it's been half empty. Never had any issues at all. And staff is super friendly!! Thank you again Wyndham!!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a better view!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed your ocean front unit view and accommodations. It’s great to hear that your kids enjoyed the pool area. We look forward to your next visit.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My best friend traded some of her timeshare for a stay at the Ocean Walk. She brought three of us along and we stayed a long weekend for our annual "Girls Trip". We enjoyed the condo lifestyle. We flew Allegiant and were only able to bring small backpacks, so the in-room washer/dryer was well worth the absence of housekeeping. It was not missed at all. We also enjoyed the full kitchen and two full baths. Our room was clean & modern, and we had a nice balcony with seating...and a great view. The pool area was beautiful and clean, with the lazy river being our favorite. The hot tub was a nice size as well.

Our only complaint was that the front desk check-in was not friendly, bordering on rude, as well as the first towel attendant we came across. These were two of the first three people we had contact with, so we were starting to wonder about the staff, however everyone else was very friendly for the rest of the trip. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed the in unit amenities and balcony view. We are sorry to hear about your check-in experience and can assure you we will address this to eliminate the issue for future guests. We look forward to your next visit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was the third time I have stayed here and I cannot believe how bad it has become. I was planning a weekend vacation for myself and seven friends. I had actually talked the resort up to them, I had told them how nice and clean the place was and they decided to go with me on vacation. We paid $323.00 per night and was totally shocked at how run down the place has become. The room wasn't ready when promised, they were still cleaning it when we walked into the room. There was dust on everything, the jets in the Jacuzzi tub were covered with mold so we didn't even get to use it. The sofa bed was falling apart, the windows were so dirty you could hardly see out of them, the paint on the hand rail on the balcony came off and stuck to your skin when you leaned on it. I felt so embarrassed when I and my friends found so many things wrong. I don't know what went wrong with this resort but it has really gone downhill since my last visit and I would never recommend the place to anyone else

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with cleanliness and maintenance issues in your unit. We know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our resorts. Our goal is to have our resorts up to each guest’s standards and your feedback will help us to do so. We also apologize for your delay at check-in and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to reach out.
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here with some friends while attending conference at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach. The hotel is beautiful. Our room was clean, spacious and offered beautiful views of Daytona Beach. The location is great. We were able to park the car upon our arrival and walk to the Ocean Center as well as restaurants. I did not try to use internet so I cannot address that issue that other reviewers did. There was no housekeeping, but that was not a big deal to me. I can make my own bed and hang up my towels. There were ample towels for our 3 day stay any way.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed the spacious unit and beautiful view. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home with a kitchen and laundry. Because we have condo-style resorts, certain “hotel” amenities such as daily housekeeping do not exist. We strive to provide this information for the guest through our website, pre-arrival letter and confirmation letter. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. We hope you come back to visit.

Been to Wyndham Ocean Walk? Share your experiences!