“Favorite Wyndham / Favorite town.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Ocean Walk to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Walk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 N. Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Ocean Walk Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off Discount
Ranked #53 of 110 hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Favorite Wyndham / Favorite town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

You can't go wrong here. The beach is awesome and the afternoon breeze keeps the temps under control, even in August. Beach is great (world famous). Shopping is fun. Food? So many great places to eat in Daytona. Oh, and the poolside bar is a blast and has surprisingly great food.

Room Tip: Obviously beachside is better but the street isn't bad. There's always a lot of activity.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hi George,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay along with the poolside bar and food options. We look forward to your next visit.

1,286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Valrico, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at the Daytona Beach Hilton Ocean Walk in June and while the hotel was beautiful, we felt the rooms were a little small for our little family of 3. So we decided for our next trip, we would stay somewhere that offered a little more room. The Wyndham Ocean Walk advertised 1 bedroom suites with a kitchen for a reasonable per night rate. So we decided to book. The room was in the South Tower (the North apparently is for Timeshare owners) and we stayed on the 4th floor. I do recommend that floor for convenience to the Shops and Restaurants of Ocean Walk. There was a large open EMPTY area adjacent to our rooms and we thought it odd to have such an open space with NOTHING filling it. The 4th floor in the North Tower has the same space, but it has a 9 hole Mini Golf course filling it's space. I would think it would be nice to have a Wifi Hotspot area, with Chairs, tables and maybe even couches for people who might not want to go to the Lobby to check email or use the internet.
Anyway, the kids area pool was awesome for my son, the water slide was NOT open while we were there, though I doubt my son was old enough to even go down it anyway. The indoor pools were NOT heated as advertised. One was as cold as the outdoor pool and the other, was about 78 degrees. The only saving grace was my 3 yr old could swim without the wind off the ocean freezing him out.
The room was decent, we had 2 dbl beds instead of a king. there was a DVD player in both the living room and the bedroom. That's a plus when you have kids. Coffee maker but not complimentary starter set. There was supposed to be dishes for 6. We had 1 wine glass, 2 water glasses, 3 juice glasses and 3 highball glasses. The attention to detail is missed here. There is potential for this to be a much nicer facility but needs a little TLC. I couldn't find a bottle of water after 8 pm. No vending machines on site, the bartender IGNORED me because he was to busy watching the college football game on at the bar. The restaurant was supposed to be open till 9 and it was closed on and off throughout the day.
Overall, would I stay here again? Probably not. I would try the Hilton for a larger room the next time.

Room Tip: NO ROOM SERVICE,NO VENDING MACHINES.4th floor in South Tower is the best to be close to the shops an...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some great suggestions. We are glad you enjoyed your unit space and that your kids enjoyed the pool area. We look forward to your next visit. We will look to use your helpful feedback to continue improving our property. Again, thanks for reach out.
Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The only shining light from this entire stay was a front desk agent named Val. Even though there were long lines at check in, she made a great impression and did not rush so she could move on to the next guest. A+, Gold Star for Val.

Other than that, the entire room was blah. I don't believe it has been updated since 90210 was on TV. The mattress was flat and hard. It was a king size bed, with 3 twin pillows. Really?

The entire staff for the towel program were incompetent. I have never met a more rude hospitality professtional then the lady working the towel desk. Each person kept track of the towel differently. I am keeping an eye out on my credit card to make sure I don't receive additional charges for towels.

Location to the beach was easy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Crestwood, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

offered me a sales pitch so I agreed,but at last minute had me change my appointment.unfortunately I cancelled my original plans to accommodate their appointment slots to find out they could only offer me a gravy and egg breakfast..not the gift card and discounton my next stay and remind you I am a frequent guest at the Wyndham properties. The sales staff had contacted me two different times prior to my appointment and on the morning of.After she walked off with our IDs and credit cards she came over to inform my husband and I that she couldn't give us the gifts .she said we were on a no call/no soliciting list.so my husband and I left there with embarrassment .I'm sorry but it seems like to me that the sales and marketing staff had solicited me on a few different occasions during my vacation.Please by all means I enjoy the resortI have a wonderful time there,just was disappointed-sincerely,Michelle

• Stayed October 2013
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We apologize for the issue regarding your sales appointment. Please know we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Greenwood Village, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you don't own a timeshare here, you're guaranteed to get a call from an over-enthusiastic person, for a free breakfast (and "short" presentation). It's tempting, but nothing is entirely "free". For the uninitiated, the breakfast usually includes a presentation of the timeshare opportunity, and a very convincing team of sales people who will persistently try to pressure you into buying. After we accepted, we remembered a similar experience years ago, and promptly canceled. This property, was neither worth our time nor money. The Wyndham Oceanwalk is old and run down: 1) The toilet sprung a leak all over the floor the first day, 2) The shower fixture had separated from the wall, 3) The bedroom ceiling fan was so unbalanced, it clanged noisily, 4) Part of the front door frame was unpainted; nail holes were visible, 5) The sofa was wet, 6) the room smelled artificially sweet from some disinfectant, 6) there is a lack of bathroom counter space, hooks and towel fixtures. Positives: plenty of towels, friendly staff, comfortable bed, fun pool area. You are wondering why we didn't ask for another room? My husband and I were in town for a family wedding and were kept busy with pre-wedding festivities and last minute bridal errands and were gone between 9am and midnight every day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We apologize for the maintenance and cleanliness issues you encountered in your unit. We know these issues provided many inconveniences during your stay. We strongly encourage you to reach out to management to report any concerns so that these items can be addressed. We appreciate this information as we are always looking for ways to improve. Again, thank you for taking the time to reach out.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have never stayed at a resort that treated so poorly. The staff at this place just could care less. When we asked why the bar wasn't opened we were told it was based on the occupancy, I know this place was sold out. I was with a convention that sold out many hotels. (Rejuvenate). And just for the record Rejuvenate has suppliers that do drink- in fact more suppliers always, then planners- so do your research before you start taking away your services. Train your staff on how to offer alternatives when you have nothing to offer. The entire staff felt put out by any request made. Maybe because its a vacation property and they are not used to dealing with customers. They have a mentality of "do what I say" from the minute I checked in. You cant do this, you cant do that, make sure you throw out your trash...etc Aweful experience and I will tell everyone I know..So disgusted I cant even write anymore-

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE- the service issues far destroy the location and atmosphere. You will leave thoroughl...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations. We know it is important to be treated well while on vacation. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Davenport, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I tried contacting Ocean Walk resort 4 times before posting this review to give them a chance to explain themselves and not get a bad review but they have not answered a single email I sent. So here it is.

Lets start with the hot water; The water was barely warm on the first day, cold on the second and third day, and finally hot for our last shower on our last day. Several calls were made to the front desk but they were very ineffective (except for the last day).

The pool towels; Every time we would go get a towel it would be a different story. Some of the staff would just hand me a towel when I needed one, others would ask for the room number, which so far I am completely OK with, but on our first day, one staff member told us to keep the same towel for the remaining of our stay. When we refused and asked for our towel to be exchanged, she said, " You guys don't seem to understand, this is not a hotel, you keep the same towel, and you wash it yourself", I quickly replied that we are staying in a studio and didn't have a washer/dryer in our room and she said " Find a laundromat". I kept insisting and she finally replaced our towel. While all of this was happening, another staff member who was standing behind her was looking at us laughing hysterically.
I can deal with unprofessional staff but I cannot stand rude and arrogant people.

The mattress; The mattress was very old and uncomfortable, which once again is OK with me, but on top of that, it had coil springs coming out of it in 2 different places on the side of it (See attached picture). I slept on mattress in $39 days inn that were better than this.

The cleanliness and maintenance; The carpet in the room had a large, very visible stain on the left side of the TV stand. The bottom half of the entry door had black marks from shoes all over (See attached pictures). A large amount of paint was chipping away for the wall separating the fridge and the closet (See attached pictures). The bathroom door could not be locked because the steel plate on the door frame was missing screws and was crocked.

The noise; On our third days, from 9am to about 4pm, a crew was doing some work with a jackhammer on the north east side of the south tower creating a unbearable noise in the room and making everything shake around us. I understand that maintenance needs to be done and I think it is smart to do it in slow season but wouldn't it be a better idea to put the guest on the south side of the tower when they're expecting to do work on the north side?

The silverware; The room we occupied was for 4 guests, there were 3 spoons, 2 forks and about 10 knives...

When my wife called the front desk to report some of these problems, she was told to call the owner of the unit because the unit was fully owned. I booked my trip on Hotels.com, I do not have the owners phone number.

We did enjoy very much the pool and the parking arrangement, but that did not make up for the rest that was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Go next door to Hilton!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this information. We deeply apologize for the maintenance issues you encountered with your unit along with the lack of all unit accommodations during your stay. We are sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with the construction noise. Our goal is to have our resorts up to each guest’s standards and your feedback will help us to do so. We sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided regarding your negative encounters with our staff and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. We know it is important to be treated well on vacation. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Been to Wyndham Ocean Walk? Share your experiences!