“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

You added Wyndham Ocean Walk to your Saves list
Wyndham Ocean Walk
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 N. Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Ocean Walk Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off Discount
Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Mansfield, Ohio
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our check in went smooth, property was very clean and landscaped nicely. There were plenty of chairs around the pool. Elevators worked great. We stayed on the 15th floor Oceanside room 1502. We enjoyed our time at Wyndham Ocean Walk.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room facing the beach!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

While my family tends to have family reunions at one of the Club Meds around the Caribbean (which are great but require air travel and a week commitment), my wife's family tends to have family reunions at Wyndham Resorts, because a) they are in driving distance for everyone who lives in the South (except the four of us who live in Vermont) and b) family members can stay for an overnight or the entire 4-5 day stay.

The family booked two rooms in mid December, prior to the start of Tourist Season. The two rooms easily accomodated the 13 of us, ranging in age from 10 to 80. There is a kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, et al. The Wyndham is right on the Daytona Beach boardwalk, which is right on the beach. Each of the rooms comes with a parking space.

Everyone at the Wyndham was nice and helpful, particularly Dan Palmer at the Front Desk. The
family enjoyed the beach, the board walk, the putting holes, the pools, the hot tub, etc. Staying at a 25 story building on the beach is not my personal preference, but it
met the needs of my wife's family.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed in Daytona for nearly 3 weeks and it was one of thee most beautiful locations I have ever stayed at. The pools are beautiful, the rooms are nice, the location is PERFECT! so many activities and games for the kids! I would go there every vacation if I could. It's beautiful.

• Stayed August 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

What a nightmare this has been! We booked our trip back in August for a 1 BR unit using our RCI points. After looking forward to this Christmas trip for over 4 months and arriving at check-in, I asked what kind of room it was. She told me - "interior" - I immediately inquired about upgrading, no matter the cost, no matter the extra points, for an ocean view room (or any room with a view!). The front desk actually said these astonishing words "we can't see our inventory - you'll have to call RCI!!" So, i called RCI, who put me off to HGV, who said - we can't see their inventory either. Without any choices left and after an hour passed by, we checked into our room. After opening the door to this depressingly dark (no windows AT ALL!) and dingy interior room I called and asked to speak to the manager. To his credit, he listened calmly to my hysterical reaction to this unaceptable situation, but finally told me there were no rooms available because of the holidays. I will tell you I have been in motel rooms with better views than this "cave." The one shade in the bedroom opened up to the hallway if you can believe it, so you could watch the whole floor walk by. Of course the pictures on the website don't show these rooms at all.

Well, I fired up my laptop because there was no WAY I was going to spend 7 nights in these conditions. I was very scared due to the holidays and availability of rooms in Daytona Beach, let alone ocean view. Lo and behold, within 10 minutes I uncovered a one bedroom OCEAN VIEW room right here at the Wyndham Ocean Walk. I booked it and it cost me $1250 cash. Anyone care to use the empty "interior" room down the hall? When I called the manager back to have our keys ready because we found another acceptable room, he didn't even offer to buy us dinner - or even a drink!! In fact he didn't even sound surprised. Nice customer service.

As a Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond member, I know to ask what type of room it is, and I feel sorry for anyone who gets stuck in one of the caves. I am also an infrequent Wyndham member, and they wouldn't even give me points for this stay because it was booked through Expedia.

By the way, the One Bedroom Ocean View has been quite lovely. What was a painful start turned out ok, expensive, but good.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERIOR ROOMS!!! Don't forget to bring your wifi card - there's no inte...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rineyville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was our first trip here, but I am an owner but was put in the South tower which others have given negative reviews because of it's condition; happy to report that the room I was in on the 15th floor was very newly renovated. In fact the pull out beds looked as if they had never been used. In any regards to the unit, it was huge and the location couldn't be better. You can see the wear and tear if you look hard for it, but anyone who has stayed at a beach resort or condo should realize that happens no matter how hard ownership tries. The hotel had various activities going and a nice pool area for kids. Without knowing Daytona that well I can't imagine a better location; you can literally walk less than a city block to twenty different places to eat, get coffee, shop, or watch a movie. Overall this was a great place to visit and we will definitely return.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went here and decided we would stay for 2 nights, met with friends and hung out. You have to wash your own towels, bedsheets ect. which is fine if you already knew about it. No shampoo, kept calling us to go to the "time share" event which we didnt know it was a time share place, we thought it was just a condo hotel type. Told us check out time was 11am but turns out it was actually 10am so ofcourse we were unprepared to leave by the time the maid was there. Then she kept telling us to leave and in the end we were pretty much kicked out. Very strict on how loud music is. Good for the view if its ocean front and lots space. Our room was clean, bed was uncomfortable, when we tried the sofa bed it was the same thickness as our actual bed (about 3 inches deep). People where banging, or what sounded like hammering next door, and the person above us was drilling both nights we were there, no ice machine. AC was very loud no room service either, was kind of expensive for it to turn out so bad. All in all, i dont think i would really recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose ocean front if you do book here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I am not a High maintence person, but this hotel is simply not the place you want to take your family. The only person who was kind and friendly was the person trying to sell us a time share. Every day we had a major maintence problem and it became very clear that rather than inspecting the room for issues, they simply wait for an occupant to call (however, the phone system was regularly not working, so we often needed to walk down to tell someone about that days issue). If you prefer sitting or swimming in the shade, this may be a good pool choice for you.. The entire pool area is shaded by noon and for the precious 2 hours of sun when people are out enjoying the pool (from 10am to noon) is the time the hotel chooses to power wash the entire deck...so during that time, we couldn't even hear eachother with 4 very loud power washers and hoses draped over our chairs. The hottub alarms were the only thing we could hear over the motors and no one was around to explain to people why the alarms kept going off. The staff was not helpful or friendly. A simple smile would have gone a long way. They didn't seem to have any concern for the guests. There was a major issue with our room every day, including but not limited to the following: the coffee maker didn't work, the drapes in the master bedroom were not attached and they were unable to repair cause they had to order the new hooks which they said the cleaning staff must have discarded, the washing machine stopped in the middle of every cycle..which we were also told they couldn't repair..given that they make you wash your own pool towels and WILL NOT Make any exceptions, a working washing machine becomes a necessity rather than just a convenience, the door for the second bedroom wouldn't shut and the repair men had to come in and cut it down to fit (clearly, someone should have notified them of such a major issue before we checked in) our room had an incredible view of an ally with a huge trash dumpster and loud trucks as well as the hotel rooms next door which became incredibly awkward considering we had no working drapes in our master bedroom. I was told later that we were put in one of the bad rooms because we were disney vacation club owners and not owners of whydham and if we would buy into Wyndham, we would have been given a better room. When it rained, both of the windows had an incredible amount of water coming in through the windows. I was very careful to approach the staff with a very friendly demeanor because they seemed annoyed when I asked for help or to let them know what the people by the pool were all complaining about. They didn't ever send a staff out to address the concerns even though everyone out by the pool was upset that they couldn't hear or understand why the hottub was so hot that it was scalding anyone who dared to dip their foot in (that tub remained unusable for the week we were there with no sign to warn people to not use it). I cant count the number of people who scalded their feet or had crying children cause they dared to take a step in.
I am writing this not just out of dissapointment that I wasted a precious week with my children and my limited vacation budget as a single mom, but in hopes that you, as you consider where to take your family, have the information I so wish I would have had before I chose this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Wyndham Ocean Walk? Share your experiences!