“Good clean basic family place” 4 of 5 stars

Emerald Shores Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2613 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32127   |
Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Montreal, Canada
“Good clean basic family place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Traveled with two teens
Liked this place
Price was right, place was clean, close to Daytona center, but not too close
Close to shops, groceries
kitchenette very much appreciated so no need to go out to restaurants
greeeeeeeat view
easy access to Beach
The walls were not soundproof, but normal for apartment/ hotel level
Not too big, (some big resorts seemed too big and congested at the elevators)
good basic amenities, well maintained and fresh looking
Would easily stay here again

Room Tip: Need to have one breakfast materials
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
EshGm, General Manager at Emerald Shores Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad you had a great vacation and that the Emerald Shores Hotel was just the right place for your family. Hope to have you visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

The hotel's air conditioner was so bad that everyday my boyfriend and I woke up with a headache. We were staying with a group for a wedding party and I later found out that everyone felt ill in the mornings. Once I figured this out, I realized that it was the air conditioner. I took a closer look at it and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I took pictures and emailed them to the hotel in order to discuss this issues, but never got a reply. Obviously my continued bi-monthly beach visits are not important enough for us to maintain a business relationship. I could take the horrible bedding, deal with the paint issues, and handle the mold smell, simply because it's an older hotel and on the beach. Not cleaning an air conditioning unit is unforgivable, especially since when I asked for a later check out in order to enjoy the beach they wanted me to pay a maintenance fee! Spend a little extra and go somewhere where you can breathe.
I also sent them an email about my stay and did not get a response.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
EshGm, General Manager at Emerald Shores Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I wish I would have been given the opportunity to talk with you during your stay as I am always at your service to listen to any concerns or comments. My direct e-mail address is breising@emeraldshoreshotel.com and I check this daily. I can also be reached at the hotel phone number 386-872-4500 and I look forward to your correspondence. The Emerald Shores Hotel was newly constructed from the ground up in 2004 and our Preventative Maintenance Program is in place to keep the hotel in top condition.
Hopefully we can talk soon.

Milford, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

We just completed a 3 day stay at this hotel with the thought of being able to spend time relaxing in their well advertised heated pool. The first night we were there there was a very large group that essentially took over the pool so we did not get a chance to use the pool until the next day and found it to be very cold. I brought this to the attention of the front desk who told us "pilot light must be out" and said they would check into it but the the pool never got any warmer. The hot tub, on the other hand, was nearly scalding hot. There were not many guests in the hotel after the first night so I suspect they were trying to save $$$ by not heating the pool. There was no letter from the manager in our room asking to contact him if there was a problem. The kitchenette was very basic (there was no skillet when we checked in) but otherwise a nice room for the price. I would only recommend this for a summer time stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to be able to discuss the concerns you had during your stay as I am always available to listen to any guest concerns that may arise during one's stay to resolve them promptly. Feel free to contact me at the hotel at your earliest convenience 386-872-4500.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Nice pool, ocean view and clean rooms. Kaelie at the front desk was a pleasure. Whatever we needed she was there to help with a smile. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Glad you wrote a review as comments and letters are what help us maintainhigh standards. So glad to see our staff made such a great impression and hope to welcome you back in the future!
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Booked a stay at this hotel When it first opened. Was exited to stay in a new place and would have been one if the first guests to have ever stayed there. Well, left to go on vacation and received a call from my mother-in-law that the hotel had called saying it was not ready and for us to call. Well, totally going crazy since we were to check I'm when we got there, we called.
The guy, who stated he was the owner, talked to us and apologized stating that he had booked us at another place that he guaranteed us to like. For our inconvenience he was going to send us a free 3 day and 2 night stay for a future trip. Sounded good!
Well, we got to the other hotel and it was a mom and pop place that was one level!! Not satisfactory!!
Made contact back with "the owner" and told him of our dissatisfaction. Met with him and discussed details of getting my $$$ back! He agreed and we went to Tropical Winds and stayed. Was told we would still get the free stay ( 3 days and 2 nights ). Took 5 days for my money to be credited back to my card but it's been several years now and I have still not got the free stay!! Have not stayed there and would not!! Do not like being lied too!! Still waiting on the place/owners to keep their word!!

• Stayed April 2011
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Bradley made our stay, super great, he went out of his way to help.
This was a great stay for our family, the rooms were large,and clean at reasonable. Thanks to Kimberly too for keeping us tidy. This hotel is located minutes from popular Daytona Beach attractions.

Room Tip: Families should book above first floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Just returned from my stay at Emerald shores. Upon arrival the people at guest services were very nice and welcoming. The rooms were ok, they were clean however very small and needed updated. Our refrigerator wasn't working when we arrived but was replaced with a working one, as soon as the order was placed. I did not like how the beds were located right at the doors. The noise of slamming doors at night and early morning did not make for a good nights sleep. We were out of the room early in the morning and was disappointed to see that all of the pool chairs were already reserved by towels and other personal belongings however no one was at the pool. I have stayed at other places before that did not allow you to "reserve" chairs. If you were not at the pool or in your chair your belongings were removed. I liked this policy because it cut down on chairs being taken but not used. During my entire 3 day stay I was not Ablento find a spot by the pool until around 5 o'clock in the afternoon after the shade already covered the pool. The hotel definitely needs to add a fitness facility.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review outlining your concerns. We have been quite full with families and if there is a noise issue the front desk is empowered to contact the rooms in question to resolve the issue once they are made aware of the issue. I am sorry no chairs were available during the peak hours of sunshine. The staff has been made aware to have more frequent checks of the pool deck to free up empty chairs for our guests. The staff is at your service and it is their pleasure to listen and address any concerns and bring them immediately to my attention.

Bradley A. Reising

Been to Emerald Shores Hotel? Share your experiences!