“Average-range sushi, but great in a hurry and cheap” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Average-range sushi, but great in a hurry and cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place offers the sushi boats where you can simply take what you want, making it great for a quick stop. There are few places one can go to to get quick sushi, and this is the only one in the area. The sushi is perfectly serviceable and even has some creative rolls. Each half roll is $1-4 so you don't feel bad about trying new things. Good to take a novice too or fulfill a craving quickly and cheaply.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My favorite place to dine in Daytona Beach Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place has a floating sushi bar! If you've seen single serving sushi served on a conveyer belt... Here you have about 50 choices of sushi both cooked and raw just floating in little boats. Prices range according to the color of the plate that the sushi is served on. You can just have a seat at the sushi bar, order a beer or soda,m and dig in! The girls in this section work so hard helping all the "d.i.y."er's (lol) stay in beverages as they attack the endless flow of fresh sushi. Love it! PS. A secret! Get there just before they close... About 15 minutes and all the sushi becomes $1! Yeah!!! Sushi for a buck! Now that should make you smile on your Daytona Beach trip! Hey how about a thumbs up!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Crazy Japanese Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was probably the most fun I've had in a while at a Japanese Steakhouse in a while. The sushi was not bad, but was far from the best I've had. The hibachi was quite good, no complaints there. They actually have 3 sauces (white, ginger, and mustard) instead of the usual two, which I enjoyed. Our chef was not Japanese... I think he was French, actually. He joked with the kids at our table and flirted with my fiance... definitely a character. He put on a show with lots of fire and other antics. The chef at the table next to us was loudly and badly singing Happy Birthday to someone at his table, which was odd but funny. They serve sake in these giant carafes, which adds to the madness. Fun times for adults and kids. I'd go back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Daytona Beach, Florida
“A Bit Dirty, But Good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I liked this restaurant a lot and its good tasting. The only thing that turned me off was how dirty it is inside. There is gross stuff just stuck on the grill and nobody cleans it off. They cooked my wife and I's food on the same grill and that disgusted her and I a lot. I got the steak and shrimp and it tasted delicious! I told them to clean at least clean it since people are eating in front of it. I wouldn't go there again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“We eat here at least one time while in Daytona.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We stay at Wyndham Ocean Walk and Sapporro is within walking distance. The same Hibachi chef has been there for 15 years. We see him every year on vacation. Really nice guy. Great food and huge portions! We'll keep coming back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere