“A Good Dining Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 370 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Street
Daytona Beach, Florida
“A Good Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We have dined at this Chart House for 3 years on our vacation. We had a very good experience this year. The service was excellent, the ambience was relaxing and elegant, and our food was very good with the exception of the chopped salad.

Visited August 2013

Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Was not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I made reservations to bring my wife here for her birthday. For some reason I was under the impression this was a pretty nice, dressy restaurant. When we arrived, even with reservations we still had to wait about 30-40 minutes. During our waiting time I started noticing other customers attire and realized that we didn't have to get dressed up at all. I could have just worn shorts and a shirt and I guess I would have been good. When we received our food my wife immediately noticed a small white object on her plate. I thought it was a flower petal. She picked it up and began to examine it. It was when she stretched it when it became obvious to us both that it was a piece of LATEX from a LATEX glove! We immediately informed our server who then got a manager to speak with us. The assumption was made by the manager that the fingertip of a latex glove must have came off and ended up on my wifes plate. They replaced the dish but by that time my wifes appetite was gone and so we ended up boxing hers up to go and left. Overall a very poor experience at what I originally thought was going to be a nice, dressy place to go for my wifes birthday.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Eating in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I ate here on my birthday this month. We enjoyed it from start to finish. We were seated right away at a table by the window. The view of the Halifax River is great and watching the boats sail by is very entertaining. Our waiter was friendly and efficient. The food is wonderful and the salad bar is one of the best I've ever seen. We "let" them talk us into dessert, lava cake that arrived with a candle in it. It was delicious and enough to share with everyone. We will definitely eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Longwood, Florida
“Chart House Restaurant - Fail”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We brought seven adults to the Chart House to celebrate a birthday. We all ordered at the same time and four dinners came out at one time and the remaining three came out after the first four dinners had finished. An additional side order was finally delivered during the second round of dinners but since it was supposed to be delivered with one of the dinners eaten a half hour before it was declined (It was still on the bill).

The manager came to the table to apologize and offered us three desserts for the seven of us to share. Our bill was over $600.

Follow-up: We were asked to fill out a questioner by the restaurant and relayed the above story. The manager we spoke to at the restaurant called and offered us a gift card to come back and give them another chance. Offered but never received. Fail, fail. Don’t waste your time or money.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
us
“Great food, service and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our second visit to this location this year and we weren't disappointed. We had an excellent server and also observed management keeping this finely oiled machine running like clockwork. The customer is #1 here (as it should be) and the staff here makes sure that happens. The salad bar is fabulous - they toss a mean Cesar Salad and the caviar is a nice pre-dinner treat. All of our entrees were perfectly prepared. Don't miss the Chocolate Lava cake - you have to order at the beginning of the meal as it takes a while to prepare. Looking forward to another visit to the beach and Chart House!

Visited July 2013