“Place is in need of renovation, not to clen” 2 of 5 stars

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   90 Professional Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL 32114   |
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Place is in need of renovation, not to clen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Carpet dirty, very old tv not many channels. Bathtub/shower mold and tub not very clean, faucet worked poorly, drain slow.
A used wash cloth left in bathroom, no shampoo and no manager on duty in morning to speak with about the problems. Needs major renovations.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
new hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

stayed here one night for the Daytona Duels on Thursday, Feb 21. They allowed us to park even though we couldn't check in yet due to the time of our arrival. When we returned from the race the check in was fast and easy with Sam. The room was a king suite, bed very comfortable. The overall cleanliness of the room was good. The bathroom could have used a better cleaning in the corners but it wasn't the worst I've ever seen. The shower head needed to be replaced for sure!
As a few others have said some of the hall carpets were stained but that is to be expected when you have hundred of race fans coming to have a good time during the year.
If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this isn't it..but I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Definitely one of the low end hotels around the speedway. It looks like they are trying to be acceptable but it just doesn't work. The lobby smells odd. The rooms smell weird. Carpet in the rooms and hallways are old, worn and stained. Pool is closed for maintenance. Beds are just ok. TV is horrible. Very few channels and every one of them is static-laden. A/C turns off every 5-10 min. because "it's cold outside and they freeze up".

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Destin, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Clothing stolen by staff! I stayed there and left my clothing in the closet. I called later in the day (just a few hours after I checked out) and my clothes were gone and the room was not rented. I was told to call back in the morning since the housekeeping room was locked. I called (as did my wife) and nothing could be found. When asked to speak to a manager – there was none on duty. I asked for the name – one time they told me “Sam” and on another call – they refused. I filed a complaint with Choice Hotels. I was called by Sam Patel – the owner – the following week. Told him my story and he would check. He called back with a message stated “could not find –sorry” and hung up. I called back left him a detailed message stating to ask the person that cleaned my room – he or a relative is wearing my clothes around Daytona. No call back. I called back the next morning – Sam Patel got on the phone – acted like he could not speak English and had no idea what I was trying to discuss. He gave the phone to “Stacy” and she even asked – “are you sure you spoke to Sam Patel?” -FYI – Sam is also the owner. Called Choice and was told that the front desk or management would not respond and refused to deal with this THEFT! Stay away from the hotel!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fayetteville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here while passing through. Our stay was okay nothing special. Our suite was great, the beds were comfortable, however I wasn't impressed with the breakfast so we decided to go out for breakfast. Would I stay here again, maybe. Would I recommend this hotel? Yes I would.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I paid for a king bed and when I checked in, and got all of our stuff up to the room I received a maybe a double, it was pretty small for the two of us who arent large people. I would have booked another hotel if I knew I wasnt getting a king because there were cheaper hotels in the area but didnt have king size beds available.

I was pretty annoyed that I paid for a king and didnt receive it, I didnt bother wasting my time going downstairs and asking for another room to move all of our stuff again.

The hotel needs to get rid of the stained carpets in the hallways, it brings the attractiveness of the hotel WAY down. The hallways also stink really bad.

The continental breakfast was good, the had waffles including cinnamon batter (really yummy), bacon, scrambled eggs, donuts and pastries, toast and bagels, coffee and juices.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the bed type that you paid for.