“2nd stay was much better” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #84 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
North Carolina
“2nd stay was much better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed back in January, and they had some issues at this Comfort Suites. I called Choice Hotels and told them of the problems we had, and a few days later I received an e-mail from the manager stating that these issues had been fixed. So last week we stayed for one night on our way to Port Canaveral for a cruise. I didn't have to kick the door to get in to my room anymore (that's a good thing!), the shower had a metal sprayer (not plastic), but the tv is still an old crt style with fuzzy channels. But when you're staying only one night, that's not a big issue with us. Breakfast area was fully stocked, and had scrambled eggs, bacon, make-your-own waffles. When we checked out, the guy at the front desk asked how our stay was, and I told him it was good. Check-in and check-out was quick.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mays Landing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Our son was a student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach so we stayed several times over his four years. The property is quiet, easy to get to off I-95, close to the college, airport, restaurants, shopping and about a ten minute drive to Daytona's beautiful beaches. You can drive on the beach! Our last stay was for his graduation in May, 2012.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kokomo, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Their is a thief in this hotel. Specialized idem for my handicapped wife was taken from our bathroom. The manager on duty said he couldn't believe us and offered no restitution. The idem that was stolen is used every day by my wife and was in the bathroom when we left our locked room for the morning. On return the idem was gone.
Very noisy hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The only positive I can say is that the room was not terrible. The staff was horrible, rude is such and understatement!!! These ladies, and they do NOT deserve such a nice word, could not have been nastier or trashier. Bad language and didnt even pay any attention to what they were doing at check in. Waited to check out because there was a problem with the room. Stood at the counter for almost 10 minutes before anybody even came, then the lady came over asked "checking out?" took my keys for the room threw them on the counter and walked away.As if this all wasnt bad enough, I check out and they charged my card an additional $120! They claim it is a deposit that will reverse in a few days. This was not stated on the paperwork anywhere!I callled the hotel to try to find out why this additional money was charged to me and the RUDE manager, Sam Patel, actually had the nerve to hang up on me. I left a message for him, waited all day and never received a call back. Then when I do get through to him he has the nerve to hang up on me and refuse to explain the charge.These people are BAD news!!! There are plenty of other hotel choices... go to ANY other hotel in Daytona. They will rip you off and treat you like trash.If all of this is not bad enough, there is a TON of road noise from the traffic; the public bathroom in the loby was filthy, with boxes of tampons all over the shelves, no hand soap and no paper towels. The pool was dirty. There is NO water pressure in the showers, toilets or sink. The a/c didnt work properly. The carpets were dirty.Seriously, stay away from this nightmare!! It looks nice on the surface, but thats as far as it goes.Cons: Noisy, Poor breakfast, rude, dirty, over charged, no water pressure, insufficient parking when they are full, hard to get into and out of

Room Tip: Want a good room... go some place else!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brainerd
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

I had a room scheduled on march 10th 2012, due to a change in plans, I called to cancel my reservation two days prior to our reservation. The hotel has a 24 hour cancelation rule. I called well before that rule took effect. I was tol by a staff member that nobody was available to cancel my reservation, and that I should call back the next day. When I called back the next day, I was told that I would now be charged for the room because it was within the 24 hour period. I was again told to contact the hotel later in the evening to speek to the manager. When I called, I explained my situation, and was told that there was nothing they could do and that I should call choice hotels and speek to customer relations. After spending nearly 40 minutes on the phone, I was told I would have to wait 3 days for a response to my complaint. Three days passed and I heard nothing. I called back and was told that the general manager had emailed me. I had no emails and ha even confirmed the email address. I asked them to re-send it, an Recieved nothing. I attempted to call the general manager, but was unable to speek to him because the front desk staff rudely refused to transfer the call. I still have not Recieved a response. Avoid frustrations. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012
neptunenavigator
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have been to this hotel many times over the past four years for business purposes, and have always found it rather average. What sets this off was that they were charging $400 per night and yet could not provide basic breakfast service above what I normally encounter. This hotel has never been attentive to the breakfast portion of the day. On Saturday morning, they ran out of coffee and the basic food items by 8:30 am. Typically I will ignore this during my $69 stays, but at $400?
The hotel has not been refreshed during the past four years, though once the manager was excited that they were cleaning the carpet in 2011. The beds are clean, as well as the bathrooom.
It is an average hotel, that gets the job done.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Great Location, easy walk to the Speedway. Many places to eat nearby. Had to stay an extra night because of the rainout and was able to book room for only $109 for the extra night. It was $409/night for the previous 3 nights.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!