“Lovely & Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Back to School Specials!
Ranked #9 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
“Lovely & Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed for 1 week and in a busy place like Daytona this was a really lovely, quiet place to stay. Our cottage was well equipped and comfortable. The cooking facilities were good and we cooked/bbq'd a couple of nights. The pool area was perfect, warm pool and plenty of sun loungers. A hop, skip and a jump from the beach. Reasonably priced too. Only (slight) downside is we found the better restaurants in the area weren't in walking distance but we used the bus/taxis with no issues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sneha D, Owner at Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate your feedback. We are happy that your stay with us met your expectations. Yes we do agree with you that there are limited restaurants in the area however the trolley is a great way to experience Daytona. So glad you stayed with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I were traveling through Florida and found this motel/cottages on tripadvisor. The reviews were great but one did make us hesitate. We decided to stop and check it out first. I am glad we did. We stayed here for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. We stayed in a cottage that was a garden view. The ocean fronts were all booked and I can see why. This place is a gem. The grounds where beautiful and very spacious! The staff was excellent and did everything to make our stay enjoyable. The owners could not have been any nicer. The rooms were clean and had a lot of old Florida charm. My wife liked that the bathroom sink was outside the bathroom. Every morning I would grab my fishing gear and head down to the beach. It was like having my own little house steps away from the ocean. No elevators or lobbies to walk through. This is what we look for when we travel. Very quiet and so relaxing! Thank you Shoreline for all your hospitality and we can not wait to come back again.....hopefully next year!

Room Tip: If you fish.....bring your gear!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. See you again soon!
Dushore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is amazing!! The ocean is right there and the staff is Amazing, and do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. My family has been coming here for years and we will continue to come back every year. This is my first time staying here and I Definitely will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We were glad to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer!
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have relied on Trip Advisor for years to help me select a property and I was so excited to have found the cottages at Shoreline and much to my surprise, a vacancy over Spring Break. We were booked into a cabana by friendly staff, this is true, but the cabana itself was a total dump. First of all the floor was old and cracked throughout (uneven). I never took off my shoes it was so gross. The bathroom shower was somewhat clean but there were rust spots on the walls in various spots and the fixture was probably from 1927. Even the hair dryer mounted on the wall was older than dirt. The kitchen cabinets were covered with a laminate to try to make them look new and updated but it was starting to peel off. The oven was unusable -- it had no shelves in it at all. The stove did work however. Even the refrigerator had signs of touch up paint on it to try to salvage the fact it was old. And the lightbulb inside was burned out. (an easy fix) I sent a photo of the outside to my sister in law and her response was "icky". I looked through the photos on Trip Advisor, both professional and traveler and none were of this particular unit. The closet had no door and half the hangers were old wire ones. Also, this unit is called "family" which is really not true. It had 2 double beds, but everything else was squeezed and uncomfortable. Even the towels looked like they were used too many times and needed replacement. I really felt like I was staying at a 1 star hotel. Yes, I'm very picky and have high standards, but the comments on trip advisor by others led me to believe I had made a valid choice. Unfortunately, no. I was happy to leave and had even considered moving to another hotel and loosing my money, but we hung in there and made the best of it.

On the plus side, it is on the beach and the pool was small, but nice. The owners and staff are very very nice and did make us feel welcome. If anybody does decide to stay here, try to get an updated unit. Oh and the landscaping changes that have been made are indeed very good.

Room Tip: Ask about the features in the room and if it's been updated (and when). Ask about amenities inc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sneha D, Owner at Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I apologize that your stay with us was not to your standards. I assure you that if we were made aware of your issues while you were here we would have done everything to make your stay more enjoyable. We do not wish any one to have a less than pleasant experience while staying with us. We do have a variety of Suites & Cottages that have been upgraded; we would have gladly moved you. Guy and I personally asked how your stay was and we were told everything was great.

Guy and I purchased this place back in 2011 and since then have put so much back into this property and we are still working at it. The cottages are getting a face-lift in winter of 2013 however we will always maintain the rustic charm this place has.

We do not feel you were misled by our guest reviews. Our guests do mention, quite often, in the reviews that our place is "old" however the Shoreline & Cabana has character and charm; something that is a part of "old Florida" that only a select few can appreciate.
Tamworth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, affordable family-oriented resort in Daytona, look no further! Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages is everything you could want in a small resort. The owners live on site and are always visible to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Clean rooms, recently lanscaped. Cleaning staff are good, friendly. Check in process couldn't be more efficient. Pool is always nice and warm, bbq's are scattered around the resort for everyone to use. Can't say enough about this great resort! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Cottages offer more privacy but all rooms are are nice and quiet at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Edgewater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed for a month while I bought a new house, so the fully equipped kitchen was very important to me. Shoreline Cottages have a retro style with lovely landscaped grounds and a sparkling pool right by the beach. Housekeeping staff did an excellent job. Nae and Guy made me feel like family and did everything they could to make me comfortable in my temporary home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were here 2/20/13-2/26/13, for the Daytona 500. This location is 'old Florida', 5 steps from our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a kitchen room (#19) to the view of the ocean. Windows open and listened to the surf every night. It is 'old' but it is VERY CLEAN! Don't get me wrong... old is not a bad thing! It has been there since 1927, I think. I much preferred this setup to having to go up an elevator, down a long hallway, doors slamming all the time. The grounds are terrific, steps to the beach. Plenty of places to sit/lay out. I would recommend this property to anyone going to the Daytona Beach area. The owners are always around and SUCH nice people! We had a problem with one of the tv's in our suite, we told them, he came and fixed it AND he called us later to make sure it was working the way we wanted it to! A wonderful experience and we will be staying again the next time we are in Daytona!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages? Share your experiences!