“Trip Advisor let me down this time” 1 of 5 stars

Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2435 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“Trip Advisor let me down this time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have relied on Trip Advisor for years to help me select a property and I was so excited to have found the cottages at Shoreline and much to my surprise, a vacancy over Spring Break. We were booked into a cabana by friendly staff, this is true, but the cabana itself was a total dump. First of all the floor was old and cracked throughout (uneven). I never took off my shoes it was so gross. The bathroom shower was somewhat clean but there were rust spots on the walls in various spots and the fixture was probably from 1927. Even the hair dryer mounted on the wall was older than dirt. The kitchen cabinets were covered with a laminate to try to make them look new and updated but it was starting to peel off. The oven was unusable -- it had no shelves in it at all. The stove did work however. Even the refrigerator had signs of touch up paint on it to try to salvage the fact it was old. And the lightbulb inside was burned out. (an easy fix) I sent a photo of the outside to my sister in law and her response was "icky". I looked through the photos on Trip Advisor, both professional and traveler and none were of this particular unit. The closet had no door and half the hangers were old wire ones. Also, this unit is called "family" which is really not true. It had 2 double beds, but everything else was squeezed and uncomfortable. Even the towels looked like they were used too many times and needed replacement. I really felt like I was staying at a 1 star hotel. Yes, I'm very picky and have high standards, but the comments on trip advisor by others led me to believe I had made a valid choice. Unfortunately, no. I was happy to leave and had even considered moving to another hotel and loosing my money, but we hung in there and made the best of it.

On the plus side, it is on the beach and the pool was small, but nice. The owners and staff are very very nice and did make us feel welcome. If anybody does decide to stay here, try to get an updated unit. Oh and the landscaping changes that have been made are indeed very good.

Room Tip: Ask about the features in the room and if it's been updated (and when). Ask about amenities inc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sneha D, Owner at Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I apologize that your stay with us was not to your standards. I assure you that if we were made aware of your issues while you were here we would have done everything to make your stay more enjoyable. We do not wish any one to have a less than pleasant experience while staying with us. We do have a variety of Suites & Cottages that have been upgraded; we would have gladly moved you. Guy and I personally asked how your stay was and we were told everything was great.

Guy and I purchased this place back in 2011 and since then have put so much back into this property and we are still working at it. The cottages are getting a face-lift in winter of 2013 however we will always maintain the rustic charm this place has.

We do not feel you were misled by our guest reviews. Our guests do mention, quite often, in the reviews that our place is "old" however the Shoreline & Cabana has character and charm; something that is a part of "old Florida" that only a select few can appreciate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tamworth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, affordable family-oriented resort in Daytona, look no further! Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages is everything you could want in a small resort. The owners live on site and are always visible to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Clean rooms, recently lanscaped. Cleaning staff are good, friendly. Check in process couldn't be more efficient. Pool is always nice and warm, bbq's are scattered around the resort for everyone to use. Can't say enough about this great resort! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Cottages offer more privacy but all rooms are are nice and quiet at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Edgewater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed for a month while I bought a new house, so the fully equipped kitchen was very important to me. Shoreline Cottages have a retro style with lovely landscaped grounds and a sparkling pool right by the beach. Housekeeping staff did an excellent job. Nae and Guy made me feel like family and did everything they could to make me comfortable in my temporary home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were here 2/20/13-2/26/13, for the Daytona 500. This location is 'old Florida', 5 steps from our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a kitchen room (#19) to the view of the ocean. Windows open and listened to the surf every night. It is 'old' but it is VERY CLEAN! Don't get me wrong... old is not a bad thing! It has been there since 1927, I think. I much preferred this setup to having to go up an elevator, down a long hallway, doors slamming all the time. The grounds are terrific, steps to the beach. Plenty of places to sit/lay out. I would recommend this property to anyone going to the Daytona Beach area. The owners are always around and SUCH nice people! We had a problem with one of the tv's in our suite, we told them, he came and fixed it AND he called us later to make sure it was working the way we wanted it to! A wonderful experience and we will be staying again the next time we are in Daytona!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 12 nights. It was great to be right on the ocean and the owners were awesome! This is truly an old school place where the owners are on site and they really care about their guests. They are slowly updating every room and when they get done, this place will be a true gem on the beach. Word has it that it has been around since the beginnings of the Daytona race and the officials stated there back in the days when the race was on the beach. They have wifi and so if you are traveling to Daytona Beach for business it would be a nice place to relax at the end of the day especially since the wifi works down by the beach so you can do a little work oceanside. They can even host dinner parties on the grass by the water too. Don't let google earth pics sway you, they have upgraded the landscaping and it is a neat place to stay and you can feel good your money is supporting a locally owned small business family.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Sent my parents here for two weeks in February they had a fabulous time and were upgraded to a suite at no charge. They loved the location being right on the beach but no cars located on the beach in this area. Walking distance to some restaurants and close to airport. Lovely staff and breakfast daily...family oriented lodging with a beautiful pool. They will venture back next year for a nice getaway.

Room Tip: No fitness center at this location however you can walk/run on beach and enjoy the scenery. Breakfa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Third time staying here. There have been new renovations done every time we have stayed there. Great experience as always.....friendly and attentive staff, very clean rooms and grounds, great location. Perfect spot for families with the beach only steps away along with a very nice pool. Will will def be back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family