“AWESOME place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“AWESOME place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were here 2/20/13-2/26/13, for the Daytona 500. This location is 'old Florida', 5 steps from our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a kitchen room (#19) to the view of the ocean. Windows open and listened to the surf every night. It is 'old' but it is VERY CLEAN! Don't get me wrong... old is not a bad thing! It has been there since 1927, I think. I much preferred this setup to having to go up an elevator, down a long hallway, doors slamming all the time. The grounds are terrific, steps to the beach. Plenty of places to sit/lay out. I would recommend this property to anyone going to the Daytona Beach area. The owners are always around and SUCH nice people! We had a problem with one of the tv's in our suite, we told them, he came and fixed it AND he called us later to make sure it was working the way we wanted it to! A wonderful experience and we will be staying again the next time we are in Daytona!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 12 nights. It was great to be right on the ocean and the owners were awesome! This is truly an old school place where the owners are on site and they really care about their guests. They are slowly updating every room and when they get done, this place will be a true gem on the beach. Word has it that it has been around since the beginnings of the Daytona race and the officials stated there back in the days when the race was on the beach. They have wifi and so if you are traveling to Daytona Beach for business it would be a nice place to relax at the end of the day especially since the wifi works down by the beach so you can do a little work oceanside. They can even host dinner parties on the grass by the water too. Don't let google earth pics sway you, they have upgraded the landscaping and it is a neat place to stay and you can feel good your money is supporting a locally owned small business family.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Sent my parents here for two weeks in February they had a fabulous time and were upgraded to a suite at no charge. They loved the location being right on the beach but no cars located on the beach in this area. Walking distance to some restaurants and close to airport. Lovely staff and breakfast daily...family oriented lodging with a beautiful pool. They will venture back next year for a nice getaway.

Room Tip: No fitness center at this location however you can walk/run on beach and enjoy the scenery. Breakfa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Third time staying here. There have been new renovations done every time we have stayed there. Great experience as always.....friendly and attentive staff, very clean rooms and grounds, great location. Perfect spot for families with the beach only steps away along with a very nice pool. Will will def be back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've spent three weekends at this property and have enjoyed each and every trip! I first found the Daytona Inn & Shores while in Daytona for work. After work I was able to soak in the sun, read a book on the beach and skip to my cottage. It was such a beautiful piece of paradise that I decided to bring MrShaw with me on a weekend get-away! We enjoyed the property and enjoyed waking up every morning to the beautiful ocean waves. I've lived in Florida my entire life and have never awaken to such breathtaking views! My husband and I took nice walks on the beach, ate at great local restaurants nearby and went boating for a day.

The property is well maintained, run by a very nice family. The rooms are cute and spacious, with a delightful blend of history and charm. Although I've never used it- there are kitchens in the rooms and I believe grills are available too!

This is the perfect place for a trip whether you're alone, with your significant other or with friends. When you stay at this inn, you feel like you're stepping into your own vacation home. I'm planning on telling all of my girlfriends and their families about this place!

Room Tip: The cottages right on the beach are phenomenal! Also, when driving down the strip the property is e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We made an unexpected stop in Daytona, and the staff were very helpful. The row where the cottages sat was very cute. Great access to the beach and wonderful little pool. The cottage was quaint, clean, and perfect for myself, husband and mother-in-law. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012
Decatur, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

First time staying there. The cottages were very nice. I felt like I had all the comforts of I home. I loved the privacy. Very nice pool and pool area. It was great that the beach was that close. The staff was very attentive. We got more than what we paid for. Very reasonable rates.Really enjoyed our time there. Will be back again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages? Share your experiences!