“Great Old School Mom and Pop” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2435 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Special Price
$10 off room rate
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Great Old School Mom and Pop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 12 nights. It was great to be right on the ocean and the owners were awesome! This is truly an old school place where the owners are on site and they really care about their guests. They are slowly updating every room and when they get done, this place will be a true gem on the beach. Word has it that it has been around since the beginnings of the Daytona race and the officials stated there back in the days when the race was on the beach. They have wifi and so if you are traveling to Daytona Beach for business it would be a nice place to relax at the end of the day especially since the wifi works down by the beach so you can do a little work oceanside. They can even host dinner parties on the grass by the water too. Don't let google earth pics sway you, they have upgraded the landscaping and it is a neat place to stay and you can feel good your money is supporting a locally owned small business family.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Sent my parents here for two weeks in February they had a fabulous time and were upgraded to a suite at no charge. They loved the location being right on the beach but no cars located on the beach in this area. Walking distance to some restaurants and close to airport. Lovely staff and breakfast daily...family oriented lodging with a beautiful pool. They will venture back next year for a nice getaway.

Room Tip: No fitness center at this location however you can walk/run on beach and enjoy the scenery. Breakfa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Third time staying here. There have been new renovations done every time we have stayed there. Great experience as always.....friendly and attentive staff, very clean rooms and grounds, great location. Perfect spot for families with the beach only steps away along with a very nice pool. Will will def be back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've spent three weekends at this property and have enjoyed each and every trip! I first found the Daytona Inn & Shores while in Daytona for work. After work I was able to soak in the sun, read a book on the beach and skip to my cottage. It was such a beautiful piece of paradise that I decided to bring MrShaw with me on a weekend get-away! We enjoyed the property and enjoyed waking up every morning to the beautiful ocean waves. I've lived in Florida my entire life and have never awaken to such breathtaking views! My husband and I took nice walks on the beach, ate at great local restaurants nearby and went boating for a day.

The property is well maintained, run by a very nice family. The rooms are cute and spacious, with a delightful blend of history and charm. Although I've never used it- there are kitchens in the rooms and I believe grills are available too!

This is the perfect place for a trip whether you're alone, with your significant other or with friends. When you stay at this inn, you feel like you're stepping into your own vacation home. I'm planning on telling all of my girlfriends and their families about this place!

Room Tip: The cottages right on the beach are phenomenal! Also, when driving down the strip the property is e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We made an unexpected stop in Daytona, and the staff were very helpful. The row where the cottages sat was very cute. Great access to the beach and wonderful little pool. The cottage was quaint, clean, and perfect for myself, husband and mother-in-law. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012
Decatur, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

First time staying there. The cottages were very nice. I felt like I had all the comforts of I home. I loved the privacy. Very nice pool and pool area. It was great that the beach was that close. The staff was very attentive. We got more than what we paid for. Very reasonable rates.Really enjoyed our time there. Will be back again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My mother has been spending 4 - 5 weeks in Daytona Beach every fall for the past 20 years - the last 10 plus years, at The Shoreline. She is 86 years old, stays in an oceanfront two bedroom unit, and her son and daughters come spend time with her while she is there. My family spent many a summer in Daytona Beach growing up, and it holds many fond memories. I hadn't been to Daytona Beach in 30 years and when I went to spend time with my mother two years ago, I felt like I was going back in time. The Shoreline is the essense of "old Florida". I was fortunate to go back again this year to spend a few days and noticed a lot of changes! The new owners have been making improvements over the past 16 months since they have taken over ownership, and you can really see that they are passionate about making sure that all of their guests have an amazing "old Florida" experience. Don't expect a Ritz Carlton or a Marriott -- what you get at The Shoreline is an extremely clean unit with a beautifully kept pool, adirondack chairs outside of the units perfectly positioned to watch the waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Wake up in the early morning to watch sunrise over the Atlantic, and you will meet several other guests who are doing the same! My sister and I were staying with our mom and we met the most amazing and friendly people staying at the same hotel as our mom. We struck up a conversation with a wonderful woman from Ohio, talked about Cincinnati chili, and the next thing we knew, we had a bowl of chili at our front door! This is Daytona Beach. I would recommend the Shoreline to anyone looking for a relaxing Florida vacation, enjoying the slow pace that took you to Florida in the first place. Housekeeping every day, fresh towels, newspaper at your doorstep -- lasting friendships. We met a man from England who has been staying at The Shoreline for over 30 years. This speaks great volumes! I would recommend the Shoreline to families in the spring/summertime and to snowbirds in the Winter. You will be taken care of and will undoubtedly be returning year after year, just like our mom!

Room Tip: There are units that actually have working fireplaces. We didn't go into these units but they a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Shoreline All Suites Inn & Cabana Colony Cottages? Share your experiences!