“Great view! Lousy food and service.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 344 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great view! Lousy food and service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We were one of three tables in the restaurant! Our server brought water and warm bread then returned about ten minutes later with bread and butter plates, lemon and a straw. My burger was way over cooked, though I requested medium, so dry and tasteless as were my husband's pork chops. Again, it took close to ten minutes for our server to bring a steak knife once his chops were served. We never saw her again until she cleared our plates and delivered the check. Really a shame!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Indialantic, Florida
“pretty good buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We couldn't get into Hyde Park steakhouse, so seven us came here. Easy, inside the hotel. The food was fresh and good, very good value at $12.95. My wife and I had a late lunch there too, service a little slow, but our salads were excellent. To be fair, we were there between lunch and dinner, staff was light.

Visited August 2013
Concord, North Carolina, United States
“Mediocre food and disorganized service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The restaurant is inside the Hilton on Daytona Beach. There aren't a lot of restaurants near the Hilton other than Bubba Gump's and Joe's Crab Shack so we ate at Doc Bale's one night and it was not a great experience. The food was mediocre at best. The fried fish was tepid and the vegetables overcooked. The service was terrible. We had no fewer than four waitstaff help us but despite that it took forever to get refills on water or lemon slices. The waitstaff didn't seem to be assigned to tables so it was catch someone if you could. Not a great plan for service.

NC
“Good dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I were recently in Daytona for a conference, she was in the conference, I was on vacation, anyway, it was raining out and I didn't want to leave hotel for dinner so I decided on Doc Bales grill in the hotel, I found the 12.95 buffet dinner, far less expensive than other food in hotel, I do not know if this was a conference special or everyday, their was baked chicken, salad bar, rice, steamed veggies, fried catfish and cake for dessert, all very good, so I can give buffet high marks but cannot comment on the menu items

Schaumburg, Illinois
“A Great Stop for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good food. Service a bit slow but the sports bar atmosphere helps the wait. Again, good for kids. I suggest the chili dog and vodka tonics.