“Still consistent in quality after 20+ visits.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Largest Buffet In daytona beach . Grand opening In 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Still consistent in quality after 20+ visits.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am usually not a fan of buffet-style establishments, as it seems like they go down in quality soon after an opening. Not this place. I`ve been going there since the grand opening and still consider as a lunch stop.
I can always find something I like and enjoy, but I go there mostly because of sushi. They are not as good as at some specialized restaurants, but they are not bad either. Seafood, fruits, etc are always fresh. I have to mention that my stomach is very sensitive to any minor spoilage or germs, but I have yet to notice anything disturbing. The buffet is clean. The price is very affordable (but hopefully they will keep it that low). The public is from construction workers to families with kids.
Staff is very good and nicely groomed. The manager is visible, and I can tell this establishment is his priority.
Overall, I am happy about Hibachi Grill and supreme Buffet and wish them best of luck!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Clayton, NC
“Give it apass”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I read the previous reviews and assume that this place would be great...not so much!

It is located in a rundown strip mall near K-Mart. They have done a nice job on the interior. It is clean and inviting. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The food is just plain bad. Everything tastes the same. Items that are supposed to be spicy, are bland. The fried rice was hard and tasteless. The buffet appeared sloppy and nothing stands out as being even average.

Do yourself a favor and give this place a pass...

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, South Carolina
“A "small" step above your average Super Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I could go into a bunch of detail about this item or that one, but every chi ese buffet, or any buffet for that matter is hit or miss, even the best dish of the day might be mediocre next week, or even tomorrow!! This place was good quality, nice decor, clean and reasonably priced!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Fried Chicken Dropped on Floor Returned to Buffet by Employee”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I along with a Friend went to the Hibachi Grill on 4/12/2013 about 6:15 P.M. We were seated and ate some food from the Buffet.
I returned to the Buffet for additional food and while standing about 4 feet from a 8 to 10 year old Child who was taking a piece of Fried Chicken from the Buffet table. As he placed it on his plate it slid off an on to the Floor. A Buffet Employee an Oriental Male about 20 years old who was wiping off the Buffet area picked up a set of Tongs in the Chicken Pan and then proceeded to Pick Up the Piece of Fried Chicken from the Floor and Immediately placed it Back in the Pan on the Buffet Table containing about 12 to 15 other Pieces then walked away. I stopped him and asked him about putting the Chicken Piece back with the other food and he said he didn't. I asked him for his Name and he walked away from me.
I walked over to the Hostess and advised her of the Incident and asked for the Manager or Owner. I was directed to the Cashier where I advised them of what I had just observed and asked for the Manager or the Owner. I was advised neither were at the Restaurant. I pointed out the Male employee to them and asked for his name. I was advised by both female Cashiers that he was New and they didn't know his Name.
A Formal Complaint has been sent to the Florida Department of Professional Regulation and the Health Department. I Believe this Place is Unsafe to Eat At.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sheng L, Manager at Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Customer #1 saw a chicken leg on the floor, and an employee working nearby. Unknown to Customer #1, Customer #2 picked up the chicken leg and disposed of it. Customer #1 assumed the employee had picked it up and returned it to the food bar. After a brief investigation, the owner of this establishment, the employee, and Customer #2, all reported to Customer #1 that the chicken leg had been disposed of by Customer #2, and NOT returned to the food bar, as that obviously would have been imprudent. Even after repeated explanations, Customer #1 chose to continue his erroneous belief. In an attempt to further assuage him, he was not charged for his meal; however, he still felt compelled to not only write a negative review, but to also report our company to the Health Department. We are proud of our establishment, of our fare, and our customers; we would never do anything to jeopardize that relationship. We look forward to you enjoying dinner with us soon.
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
“Finally - A Good Chinese Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Usually Chinese buffets are loaded with overcooked and dry food. The Hibachi Grill on International Speedway Drive in KMart Plaza is the exception. I found everything hot and cooked to perfection. Because of the popularity the food is always moving and the staff replenishing. A nice touch is the Stir Fry station where you pick your ingredients and it is stir fried in front of you. Chicken and Beef are the meat options - I would like to see pork added. Do you like fried chicken? Some of the best fried chicken I have had in a long time. A vast array of soups and other appetizers (wings, egg rolls, spring rolls, etc). Leave room for desert....a full buffet of various cookies, cakes, puddings. Looking at some of the other reviews that were less than favorable I wonder if they were in the same place? Definitly going back. Wine and Beer too. This will be added to my "go to" places.

• Visited March 2013