“A totally pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Local seafood, Angus beef, poultry, pasta dishes and nightly dinner specials. We have our Early Bird Wine and Dine Dinner Special running Monday thru Thursday from 5:00pm until 7:00pm $15.00 Includes Salad, Entree and our home made deserts, along with a glass of one of our house wines.Located in the Holiday Inn and Suites;930 North Atlantic Ave, (A1A) Daytona Beach-side. We invite you to join us and enjoy our fresh from scratch menu and enjoy the Atlantic Ocean views. We also have full banquet facilities catering to weddings, family reunions and business parties.
Ormond Beach, Florida
“A totally pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I dined for the first time at Seaside Bistro with another couple last evening. We decided to sit outside, and enjoyed the view, wonderful breeze, and the soothing sounds of the crashing waves. The hostess who had taken our phone reservation, and allowed us to choose our table upon our arrival, was very friendly. We chose to order from the "early bird" menu, and we were all pleased with our choices. We did notice that prices on the regular menu are very reasonable. Our waiter served us at an efficient, yet unhurried pace and was very personable and helpful All of our food was quite good. Main courses were served piping hot, and portions were generous. We are looking forward to a return visit in the near future.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frank A, Manager at Seaside Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We are so glad to hear you, your husband and friends enjoyed our restaurant! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It’s nice to hear our servers did a good job tending to your needs and our Chef delivered your meals hot, fresh and appetizing. Our early bird specials have been very well received by our guests. We look forward to you returning and dining with us again in the near future.

Miami, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Food was fresh with nice presentation. Oceanfront dining for the right price. Choice of dining on patio or inside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frank A, Manager at Seaside Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I’m glad we surprised you with our service food and atmosphere here at the Seaside Bistro and Bar! We welcome you to come back and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner with us anytime! Thank you so much for taking the time from your day to let us know how your dining experience was and wish you the very best in your travels.
“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are staying at a hotel that doesn't offer food so we searched around for a restaurant close to us and we found Seaside. We were skeptical at first because it was inside of a Holdiay Inn. However, we went and were pleasantly surprised! It was quiet at first and our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The steak bruschetta was so delicious. Not long after our appetizer came, a large group came in with about 10 children. The were so loud and let their kids run around. The manager, Kay, came to us and apologized. She was very considerate. Our entrees were very good, my boyfriend really enjoyed the Cajun chicken pasta and my steak and bleu cheese salad was fresh and cooked just right. At the end of the meal the manager brought us a complimentary ice cream brownie sundae! She felt badly that the large group had been so rude. It was above and beyond our expectations. I would come back for the service alone, the wonderful meal was worth it too and the dessert was icing on the cake ;)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
What a wonderful thing to hear! "Great Restaurant" We do have a lot of family’s with children that stay with us in our hotel! And we Love’m! I was very glad to hear Kay was able to assist you and take good care of you in the way you enjoyed! I also want to thank you for taking time from your day to let us know how your dining experience was. We hope you’ll visit us again soon!
Bon Appétit
“Great value and good quality food. A pleasant surprise inside a HI Express.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited after reading reviews on this site. We were staying at the Hilton down the street and really not impressed with the service at our hotel restaurants. We stopped in and was able to get the early bird special which included a salad, entree, dessert and a glass of house wine for $15.00. I had the prime rib. It was tasty but I ordered rare and it came out much closer to medium. The salad was great but the loaded baked potato was cold. It was so cold that none of the cheese or butter melted at all. I really wish the chef or waitress had noticed as it was very obvious. I would have felt bad complaining so I just ate a few bites and didn't say anything. Our waitress Jessica A was fantastic. Sweet and cheerful. The bartender that was there
when we arrived was very nice and took great care of us. The second bartender that came in for the new shift was not so good. She came in very disheveled in a very tight wrinkled tank top (eventually she covered it with another shirt) but then proceed to crank up the volume on the tv for shark week and stand in the corner texting on her phone. They are trying to create a cute intimate bistro restaurant and having a tv blasting shark week with a bored bartender really kills any ambience. Also people in bathing suits kept coming in to get drinks from the pool area so again it kinda spoiled the atmosphere of a nice dining experience. The redfish on the menu claimed to be fresh but it was certainly frozen. And there was so little tropical fruit salsa on it that we barely got a taste The veggies were good and seasoned well. The clam chowder was also tasty. I really think this place could flourish IF they start to delineate the restaurant from the pool bar, have the chef or cooks give a little more attention to detail and have the bar staff dress and behave as well as the waitresses do. The concept is great, prices are wonderful and recipes are solid- just fine tune what you have and you'll become legendary.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review! We appreciate feed back when some things we do aren’t done right! I have addressed you comments with the Chef and we have put procedures in place to help prevent issues like the ones you had during your visit with us. I appreciate feed back on the little things that may sometime get over looked and it sure helps keep us focused. I apologize about the appearance of our bartender and once again I have shown her your review and reiterated our uniform policy’s with her and please know in the future you or any of our guests will not witness this again! Please do join us again when you’re in the area we look forward to your next visit!
Orlando
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a great restaurant tucked inside the Holiday Inn at 930 N Atlantic Avenue. We lucked out and happened upon an "early bird special" that was from 5 - 7 PM. You get salad, entree, dessert and a glass of wine for 15.00.

Honestly, one of the best meals we've ever had and the value in tremendous. Husband had prime rib, I had grilled haddock. His prime rib was thick, tender and cooked to perfection. My haddock portion was topped with a crumb and pecan crust, and a HUGE piece of fish! Absolutely delicious.

If I were local, I'd make it a point to have dinner here very often. You can dine inside or out on the patio near the pool, with a great view of the beach.

Mark took great care of us, knew the menu and made great recommendations.

I definitely recommend this restaurant even if you're not a guest in the hotel.

Visited July 2013
Wow what a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to let us know you enjoyed your dining experience here at the Seaside Bistro. Mark is a fantastic waiter and we get many comments on him and we are very glad to have him as part of our team. We also wish you were local and could enjoy our service and food more often! Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again when you’re in the Daytona area.