“we loved this place and will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Tropical Seas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3357 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
London, United Kingdom
“we loved this place and will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Fantastic place we had a sea view on a high floor ,room very clean and windows bed was a dream to sleep on .Fantastic staff they couldnt do enough for us ,they work as a very good team together .We left a daily tip for our maid she even wrote a thank you note that has never happened before.Front desk staff were very helpful as my husband and i are bikers we found some great bars with the help of staff.Manager went out of his way to talk to guests .Lovely homely hotel ,a great diner on the walkway pier great food also the bbq pulled pork up the road left handside great .will be coming back in nov 11 .

Room Tip: if you want any tips about where to eat ask at the front desk there amazing
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I booked for the first time in May and just stayed in August. We were to arrive on Sunday and decided to arrive on Saturday instead. When I called to add the day there was no problem. We enjoy how eady it is to get to the beach and enjoyed the pool. The staff at the hotel are always helpful and pleasant. My husband and I enjoy sitting out front and like that the staff will come out front and actually talk with you. They will help you find some of the local places you might miss. We requested a room next to the coffee and tea that is provided and had no problem getting this room. We will be returning later this year for another vacation.
Our time there was very relazing and enjoyable.

Thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

On our way home from Orlando and we wanted to stop in Daytona Beach, just because it's Daytona Beach.

Again, I used my phone to search Trip Advisor for a hotel. We decided to stay here and I will say that we were all pleasantly surprised. Check in was not until 3:00, but they let us park the car there and use all of their facilities until our room was ready.

The room was clean. The bathroom was a good size and the furniture was modern. We had a beach front room on the 3rd floor.

They didn't have a breakfast, but we wern't staying here for that. They just don't have the available space. They have coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate available at all times.

We spent the day on the beach and only stayed one night.

Daytona Beach did not impress us. Being from the east coast and within driving distance to all the beaches in NY, NJ, MD, DE & VA....the beach itself was nice, but there is nothing to do. They really don't have a boardwalk and what there is is not really much compared to what we have at home.

The buildings one block off are all old and you can tell they were built in the 1940's. Anyway...we really recommend this hotel we had a pleasant stay and everyone was nice and the place is clean.

Room Tip: Enjoyable stay
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I travel a lot for personal travel and when I booked this one week get-away in late May I went hoping for the best but not knowing what was going to greet me from the reviews that I read here. A bit on me: I demand clean everything. With a hotel I bear in mind that there will be some left-over residue from continuous use and expected to see some roaches considering the area I was in, but, it was spotless and not one insect to be seen my entire stay!!

The room was huge with a couch, table, wireless internet, microwave, mini-fridge and a large king bed. The bathroom was spacious as well. The maid kept everything immaculate.

I rented a bike when I was there and the front desk clerk was so accommodating by letting me chain it on to the hotel fence--I was very impressed. The beach was right outside and having a balcony overlook the ocean was a nice way to unwind each day. There was a Walgreens that was close, a Burge King across the street and a Publix about 2 kms away.

For relaxation and bike riding, would I go again, of course!

Room Tip: Do the ocean front..not the back rooms.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We booked this via hotels.com for what we thought was a good price. BUT you can save more by using one of the coupons from RoomSaver (we found this out once we got tto Daytona Beach, but it was too late to cancel our reservation without a penalty). Personally we think there are a lot of other better choices out there.....literally hundreds of places to stay!!

We agree with some others that point out there is a bad smell in the hallways. Our room was nice and roomy and it was clean. Nice view of the ocean from our balcony, and it was great to just walk out the back onto the beach.

We had assumed that the hotel offered a breakfast as almost all do nowdays. We were mistaken. They offer coffee and tea only. You can go across the busy street to a Burger King, but that is about it unless you get in your car to find a restaurant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stopped at this inn on the way to visit family. I had read the reviews of this website and decided that it would be a good place to stay at.

Pros: located on the beach, hot tub, pool, clean rooms.

Cons: bad odor in room. At first I thought it smelled like bug spray, but then I saw some people carpet cleaning, and there was that smell again! To the management: is there another type of carpet cleaner you can use that does not smell so bad?

Overall, this was a good place for us to stay, even though there was no free breakfast. Parking and Wi
Fi are free, though.

• Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

We found the hotel in a coupon book. It was a great price. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The pool was nice. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Days Inn Tropical Seas? Share your experiences!