“Excellent stay...” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, FL
“Excellent stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

We have made several trips to the Daytona Beach area. This hotel by far has been the nicest we have stayed in. Although we enjoyed the Hilton (Oceanwalk) last year we like the layout of this hotel much better!!! Daytona Beach resort is exactly like the pictures show. We stayed in an Oceanfront one bedroom room. It was very spacious. The bathroom was big. The whole room was very clean! The beds were extremely comfortable. The pillows were excellent. So much so my daughter wants one just like the ones in the room. I did take my laptop and the interent connection (4th floor room) was excellent. I never lost connection the entire time. The balcony furniture was nice...NOT your typical hard plastic chairs. The sliding glass door was the newer hurricane doors (very nice). Airconditioner worked fine and was not that noisy. Parking was awesome!!!! We stayed on the 4th floor and parked on the 4th floor. The door to the parking garage was right near our room. It was so convienient not having to lug everything on the elevator. Plus parking in the garage kept the sun off the cars and made them cooler. No extra cost for parking. Loved the layout of the outdoor amenities. They had two nice sized pools oceanfront (which is why we would choose this hotel over Hilton oceanwalk). They were clean with lots of pool chairs. Loved turning the pool chair around and looking out at the ocean while laying there. Also they had a separate childrens pool oceanfront with two mushroom shaped waterfalls. Pools were always clean. They also have an indoor pool and two hottubs. Very nice! We used the hottubs briefly each day after we were done on the beach. The indoor pool area was kept clean and looked updated. One thing we like also was to get back up to the hotel (pool area) you had to have an access card which cuts down on people just running up and using the pools that aren't staying there. They have three different shower things to clean the sand off when you get off the beach also. Over all very nice! Will be returning here a few more times this summer! Trying to think of one thing to complain about...but can't think of any! The staff was very prompt in bringing us extra hotels when we requested them. I can't imagine someone NOT having an enjoyable experience at this hotel. Awesome view! Awesome price! Awesome hotel!

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

We loved this place and will be coming back VERY soon!! The staff was great and we had a beautiful view of the ocean and pool. Stay in the condos on the sides rather that the middle hotel part - the rooms are newer. The only complaint I would have was that we could hear our neighbors through the connecting door to the next room in the bedroom, and every time the door shut it SLAMMED super loud! So trying to get kids to sleep was a little tough. We got a small fan and that helped. The staff was so nice and very accommodating!! This hotel is a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend it!!

florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I have stayed at this facility for an extended period of time. It's conveniently located next to Publix and other shopping establishments. Pluses include cleanliness, several swimming pools, hot tubs, and laundry rooms. Internet is not always available in the rooms. If that is a priority of yours, you may either want to stay at a different hotel or simply use the internet located in the lobby and main hallway of the hotel. I would stay here again, however, my recommendation is to RENT FROM A UNIT OWNER rather than the hotel itself and SAVE A LOT. If you book your reservation through the hotel or the internet, you will pay twice as much than if you go directly through an owner. Either way, you will enjoy your time here but why not do it less expensive. By the way, "Pizza, Wings, n Things" located across the street from the hotel is a great place to eat a good chicken sandwich and watch sports.

Again, I would recommend this facility BUT go through a unit owner rather than the hotel and save a lot.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Orlando, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

When i came across their website I was excited because they had everything that i was looking for, pool bar, restaurants in hotels and rooms service. When we got there and checked into our room (riverview) it was tiny. I know sometimes looks can be deceiving on the internet so I can't blame that on them. We did change our room to an oceanfront and that was a nice room with the exception of a musty smell, which did clear up after turning the air on and opening the door for a while. We woke the next morning and went downstair to eat breakfast at the restaurant and that is when we found out that it had been closed since October of 08', then later that day for lunch we discovered that there was not room service as well. The pool bar was nice but it closed at 6 oclock and their seemed to always be plenty of people still wanting to be served food & drinks at the pool. The entire atmosphere there seemed almost as if the place was "going under" and it was just a matter of time before it closed. I can't explain it exactly, it was just weird because the place has a lot of potential and for the most part is clean but for a place of that size it seemed like they were extremely understaffed and couldn't stay afloat. I usually stay at the Hilton in Daytona and thought that this would be comparable (viewing their website) as far as ammenities go....restaurants, room service etc. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Also we did not get the 2 bottles of water daily or housekeeping daily.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed at the resort last summer and thoroughly loved the place. Our intention was to stay again this year but after reading the reviews I almost changed my mind. I went back and forth with the decision, but in the end I could not imagine the place would have gone down hill that far in just one year. So I booked anyway and I am so glad I did. The place was as great as before. Extremely clean, the staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful (go Shelley). The maid staff was wonderful and extremely friendly. We always had clean towels and anything else we needed. The pool deck and pool bar were awesome as well. I am so glad I didn't let the reviews sway my decision to stay there again. It was wonderful as usual. Already planning my trip again for next year. Signed, Extremely Satisfied Customer!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

This resort was first class. The rooms were very spacious over looking the ocean. One of the cleanest hotels I have been to in awhile. The pools are nice and the resort employees were helpful.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Our room was really nice, right on the ocean, very clean and everything we needed. The staff were very friendly and helpful.. I don't know why some people have such bad reviews but we had an excellent time here, no complaints whatsoever, the beach and pool area are great!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!