“Not for Families!” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Prince Edward Island
“Not for Families!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not enough chairs around pool area
Motel policies poorly enforced especially reserving pool chairs
Elevators broken down for almost 7 straight days
Noisy guests in the halls at all hours of the night
Poor choice for families with all of the intoxicated guests
Lots of open liquor and coolers around the pools
Many visably intoxicated guests with coolers hanging out around the pool
Parking was a nightmare with guests parking their vehicles in two spaces.
We complained to management and were paid lip service by Michael the manager.
The water in the children's pool was ice cold!
It was our third and last stay at this facilty and I will spread the word to others to avoid this property

Room Tip: The only good rooms are the ocean front ones that are off the elevator on each floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I checked in Sat 4/27/13 and found that although we had booked an Ocean Front room, it was not a private balconey - just an outside hallway with a couple of chairs. In addition, it was in the older part of the hotel. We are not complainers, and figured we would make the best of it. Well -- after tossing and turning all night on an uncomfortable musty bed and being awaken numerous times throughout the night by partyers that would stop right outside our door being loud & rowdy - we had enough. Destiny at the Front Desk was wonderful - she arranged for us to move to the newer Towers part of the hotel later on Sunday afternoon -- the room was beautiful - private balconey was so nice and we were very impressed with the great customer service we received. Everyone at this resort is friendly and so helpful! Don't know the outside "Towel" ladies name, but she was so pleasant to talk to! The resort is sparkling clean and you can tell everyone who works there takes great pride in being employed at DBR

Room Tip: Our room 444 was perfectly located -- next to our car in the Parking Garage and elevators. Very quie...
Green Features: Impressed with recycling bins at the pools (would like to see something like this in rooms)
Somewhere, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We recently stayed at the resort for Cheer Nationals. The view was amazing (RIGHT on the beach), the staff was friendly and very helpful from check-in to check-out, and I honestly only have one complaint: the chlorine in the indoor pool is too strong. They need to find a way to ventilate that room. However, with 3 outdoor pools and the ocean, swimming shouldn't be an issue if it's sunny! (It was rainy both days we were there.)

Room Tip: Definitely a great place to stay.
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed in suite for 1 week in April 2013. We enjoyed our stay. Staff is extremely nice. Property is kept vey clean. Ate at restaurant once, good food at very good prices. Hotel across the street to shopping, (groceries, pharmacy...). We had oceanfront unit, amazing view from large patio. Beach was beautiful, ocean water was still cold so used pool where water was very nice temperature. Beautiful beach for long walks..

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was just checking the reviews to see if anyone had problems like I have had. I have stayed at this wonderful location the last 3 years. (2010, 2011, & 2012) The last two years were disasters. Each of the last 2 years were ruined by a super large group of church kids staying three days. Each time the room next door was occupied by 4-5 boys who constantly tried to get thru the connecting door between the rooms, wrestled banging the walls, screaming and shouting, hanging over the railing on the balcony, running in and out of their room slamming the doors, runnning up and down the hallways. Called the desk 3-4 times every evening and night. No change at all. My girlfrened and I tried to spend all time possible out of the room but... So beware if you are planning a late July stay at the DBR

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Eustis, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First let me tell you that we have stayed here before but wasn't a person who even knew about trip advisor then. Second I happen to win a 3/2 night stay at this hotel. With all that being said I will give you my experiences with this hotel. This is a great place to stay with very large family friendly rooms or just a nice little getaway for you and your partner. My husband and I finally got a reservation here with my winning certificate. It was hard to get in this time of year because of spring break. If you want to stay here book early! I thought that with my certificate they would put us in the upper floors in the tower as to entice us back. This wasn't the case, but the room was good. Refrigerator and fully stocked kitchenette. You can cook or go out whatever your pleasure. We chose to try the restaurant the first night we were there but I will have to say it wasn't very good. They didn't have what we wanted and it was a little expensive. We also had breakfast and it wasn't great either. Next time I will bring food to cook. The hotel has a great bar out on the patio and the pools are really nice. They supply towels if you happen to forget one. We stayed in room 252, it was a full handicapped room and there was no tub. The bed was good and the furniture in the room comfortable. My only issue was the plumbing in the other rooms made a noise that I can only describe as someone singing in rooms next door and the toilet made a very loud noise when it shut off. Power went out on us in half the room one night but they were there within a minute and had the problem taken care of. The staff there is very helpful and everyone was very nice from check in to check out. We will go back.

Room Tip: I would suggest the upper floors in the tower and on the corner. They are the best for the view and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was my first time to Daytona I stayed here during a collagiate cheer competition. I was very pleased! I will continue to recommend it to anyone I know looking for a place to stay in Daytona Beach. Our room had 2 ocean views, a small kitchen in the separate seating area. The ammenities were great and the staff was very friendly. There appeared to be many upgrades throughout the hotel although the linens and room decor are somewhat dated. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!