“Comfy and restful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Gainesville, FL
“Comfy and restful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have lived in Florida a long time and have stayed in various hotels in Daytona and Ormond Beach. This hotel has been around for a while and, while it shows some aging, it is still a well maintained, comfortable place to stay if you don't need snazzy decor and room service. It is well suited for families as it has two pools and a kiddie pool. Rooms face out to the ocean, which is a nice plus. Our room had a fridge, stove and microwave and with a Winn Dixie supermarket right across the street, it made it convenient to not have to go out for every meal. As mentioned in previous reviews, the hotel staff is very friendly. The breakfast is very basic but again, it saves a trip to a restaurant. Oh, and free wifi!!! All in all, this is a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: all rooms face the ocean and have free wifi. There are some rooms, like 103, which are on the groun...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I visited this resort a week ago and I want you to know the service I received.....AWESOME!!!!!! Every employee I came in contact with would ask me if I needed anything and then would say have a nice day and let me know if I can help you. They were constantly working on the property, even trimming bushes and maintaining walk areas and such. Everyone was courteous and hardworking!!! Our room was great (total of 8 guest in our room) and we were able to use one of the family suites that actually had enough room for 16. The room was very spacious and VERY clean. This is my second visit to Florida and my second time at this resort. My family is already booking next year and plan to use this resort every year!!!

Room Tip: Great rates and clean rooms with excellent ocean view and access
Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We live on the Gulf side of Florida and wanted to stay on the ocean side... For the waves!! We booked this at the last minute and were pleasantly surprised! We were right on the beach, the staff was very welcoming, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was plenty. Our only complaints would be that the building and the elevators were rundown. We took the stairs for the most part to avoid the elevator. Also, the coffee was not the greatest. We cruised down to the starbucks by the boardwalk. Overall, the location was awesome and we saw the most beautiful sunrise, walking the beach. We would stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Osteen, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I just stayed here for the past week end. The balcony we had was perfect and the room was a bit larger being one of the end rooms. View of the ocean was great! Except the chairs were low and with my average height I could not sit and see past the balcony rail. They did not have on site restaurant, and I missed the breakfast because it ends so soon for a week end. The room was OLD and you enter from the outside (no inside hallways). I should also note that all of the older hotels were built that way, and is ok if it is not raining. The biggest complaint is that when I made the booking I was told AARP members get late check outs. So we thought we had time to do a beach walk, get breakfast and maybe do some pool time (pool is large and clean). But at 11A we were told we needed to leave the room because it had to be cleaned. So beside doing what we planned we shoved all of our clothes into the suitcase and left. And no I did not ask for the manager, we were hungry so we just left.
we are still planning on staying there again some time in the future but will make sure we have everything in writing and noted. The maid said they do have late check outs but our reservation was not tagged as one of them.

Room Tip: get one of the end rooms, they are bigger and shield you from the morning sun (and heat) on the balc...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean. Employees were pleasant. Location was good. Building could use a small update, doors and locks were old and somewhat flimsy but all in all it was a great stay at a reasonable price. We booked afew extra days and had to switch rooms ehich ended up putting us in a oceanview room with kitchenet. Too bad we didn't get that one from the start.

• Stayed July 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was my first stay at El Caribe and 2nd stay for the family I was traveling with.. We all had a great experience - the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a large group of family and extended family and they went over and above to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We noticed that the staff was constantly working - cleaning, grounds maintenance and etc, I mean this in a good way, they seemed to just blend into the background unless you were looking for them and they they were ready and willing to help.
We enjoyed our stay so much that we are already booking our stay next year!

Cornelia, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my second stay at El Caribe. The first time it was great and they were very accommodating and helpful. It has great beach access and it has a large suite that we used for our very large extended family stays. The second time, we had issues with the plumbing and things missing from the kitchen area. The staff as usual was friends and tried to stay on top of it, but there were a lot of people there due to the summer break. It's not a fancy place by any means and it is definitely dated, but we just appreciate the space and being able to fit a whole lot of folks together where they can spend quality time.

Room Tip: They do have rooms with full balconies...definitely swing for that!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to El Caribe Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!