“Not so pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
NEW YORK
“Not so pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I love the El Caribe stayed here many times, but I'm not pleased with them now. I was told it's a no pet property and I see people with their dogs there. I spoke to a lady in management she told me only certain rooms allow pets upstairs the office and I see people in the towers with Dogs and said the apy a pet fee to have their dog there. That's not fair. If it's no dog its no dog.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I don't know if all the rooms have connecting doors to the other room next to yours, but ours did and it turned out to be kinda of an international exchange program. Because we got to know the folks from Columbia sooooooooo well as we heard literally every thing they said and did through the paper thin door.
This old hotel has seen better days. The rooms are clean, two small pools, right on the beach, antique tv's in the rooms, free breakfast in the morning (don't expect much). There's too many hotels on the beach that try a lot harder to earn your business. So, we say "thanks for the experience" and we won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We decided to stay here for two nights after reading the othe reviews our Trip Advisor describing the hotel as older, but clean. This could not be farther from the truth!!! The outstide of the building is in much need of repair and makes the building look like it belongs in the slums. The room itself had a musty smell, the door did seal all the way, the lock had been bent, and the front office staff was not the friendliest. I would say the carpet and bedding was from the 1990's. I would never, ever stay here again despite the price and the great ocean view. It is true you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here last week, The hotel and furnishings are older, but our room was clean. yes the pool was shut down 2nd day because a bunch of kids decided to peel the bottom surface of the pool off, not the hotels fault. Breakfast was fair cereal, yogurt and prepackaged bagels, and donuts, coffee, juice, and milk. We paid $80 dollars a night for an oceanview room on the beach, for this price can't complain. Front hotel staff polite but neither of the 2 we spoke with appeared happy. Maintenance guy very polite and friendly!

Bethlehem, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

When we got to the motel, things seems to be o.k. our room was clean, the staff was nice,but things got bad fast, first was the pool it was closed for repairs the second day we were there, the staff said this was a every other day thing FIX IT BEFORE SUMMER!!!, then our bathroom tub wouldn't drain, our balcony door wouldn't close right, and wi-fi was terrible.On our third day there was a church group came in with about 150 teenagers that were loud and had no respect for others, we tried to get a refund to move to another motel, to no avail,and spoke the manager about the noise to no avail. I came here to relax not listen to kids scream all night, If I would have know about the group we would have chose another motel.The rates were within reason, but the motel needs alot of work. Do your self a favor, and ask alot of questions before you book at a motel(example:do you cater to large groups) because when the pool was finally open the group filled up the pool and my family couldn't even enjoy it. They also had a cont. breakfast but with a large kids group there they didn't leave anything for the other guests in the motel to eat, they have a banquet room the kids could have ate in there.We will not stay here again!!!

Summerville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

On our first night stay i killed a live cock roach in the shower! I called the front desk to resolve this problem and no one respond. The mini fridge was rusted, dirty and nasty. The tv holder was chipped and has mole. The curains, plugs, and doors are molded with black spots. I had to go to tne dollar general and purchase bleach cleaner until i could purchase another hotel room. The front desk staff was uncertain and liars' no one tried to resolve my issues. Breakfast was a host nothing as advertised. I would not recommend any of my fami,yand friends tostay here everyagain buti would recommend thwt tbey replace their staff.

Room Tip: Don't book here unless you are getting the room for $25.00, for the bull crap you have to put up...
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was told I would have ocean front room and when I checked in we were put into room 101 and it has no view, bugs and the back door was tampered with. The maintanance guy was the only nice person that I talked to. The lady at the front does not like whit people and she has a very bad attitude. The managers do not take care of problems, and I'm never going to stay here again.

Room Tip: dont stay on the ground floor , as our room was broken into while we were away. We never got the roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to El Caribe Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!