“super swimming pools!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Tampa, Florida
“super swimming pools!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

i enjoyed staying at this hotel again last week,especially the swimming pools. the outdoor one is perfect for lap swimming and the indoor pool is nice and warm, though smaller, stilll good for lap swimming. my room was ok and comfortable,but no refrigerator in it,which would have been a great help. the staff was kind and helpful. the rooms, pools, and general hotel area was very clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sanford, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Wow where to begin, this was the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in. The place is older and run down. Carpet though out the hotel was filthy, We had to switch rooms because our room had NO HOT water! When we went to the front desk the clerk was very rude unfriendly about the ordeal but did however switch our rooms. The pictures posted on the web site must have been taken quite some time ago the rooms are dirty and need repairs the bed was hard as a rock. Around 5 in the morning we were awaken to people fighting and screaming in the hall outside of our door. I would never take my children to such a disgusting lack luster "resort"! Will never return.We wore our shoes to take a shower the floors are dirtier than the parking lot!

Room Tip: There arent any good rooms at this resort Dirty and over priced
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Southwest Ranches, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is so disgusting, I had to drink myself to sleep & I'm not a big drinker. We had left the Howard Johnson in Ormond Beach because it wasn't all that clean, to this one which was worst. We wore flip flops to take a shower and never touched the floor with our bare feet. The only reason why we stayed was because we had our puppy with us. I felt so bad for my puppy, that I bathed her immediately upon leaving this hotel. It's better to just pay more money for a nicer hotel than to get bed bugs and have them come home with you. Stay at either Perry's, Holiday Inn (1615 S. Atlantic Ave.) or the Hilton. Those are my recommendations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I booked a courtyard room on easybooking and the room description showed the room has a balcony and a microwave, but we didn't have it in our room. We didn't even have a window to the outside, just to the floor! We were complaining, but they couldn't offer another room without us paying more. So we decided to stay in that room.
We had to get the room cleaners again, because there was a green gum on the wall. I really don't know how you can't see it! The cover sheets looked like they were used before! It was ok, if you just need a bed, a bathroom and you want to be close to nightlife. BUT otherwise I think there are a lot better hotels around!
The Hotel looks like it used to be a good one 15 years ago, but it has to be remodeled!!!

My friends and I stayed in the Hotel for spring break and it was fun. There were a lot of young ppl and a DJ on the pool deck! But it seemed like you can also just hang out at the pool deck if you aren't a guest of it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pooler, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I ha d already payed in full for this room so i couldnt just find another place . cause it was non'refundable (now i see why) ..... i was suppose to have had ocean front , instead got a roach infested 705 i think it was , so i took the bug to the front desk and demanded another room , so then i got room 535 not no better that room was , i was facing trash on the roof , curtains wouldnt close , not latch on door , this is HORRIBLE PLACE !!!! DO NOT STAY HERE !

Room Tip: no rooms are good here in this hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Iron River, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I was visiting a friend in Florida. We decided to take the kids to Daytona Beach overnight the following evening. Since it was a last minute trip, most reasonable hotels were booked - so our options were pay 400.00 for one night or 89.00... we were hesitant, but her husband, a County Deputy - but a few counties over, thought he remembered staying there and thinking it was OK... (I will begin by saying he forgot to mention he stayed during his initial college years - not when he was a responsible family man....)

We found the hotel and walked into the lobby. We should have turned around then. I agree that the smell was awful. It was a mixture of mildew, mold and chlorine. The inside of the place looked like we just stepped on The Love Boat. Very gold-lame , mirrored, disco 70's theme. We checked in and were given our room key. WHY we kept our reservations, I'll never know...

We rode the rickety elevator to our floor, opened the door and I couldn't believe it! There was black mold on the ceiling (two of the children with us have terrible asthma) and several stains on the carpet and bed spreads. I turned on the bathroom light to see the floor was soaking wet - truly like a 1/4 inch of standing water all over the floor.

After closer inspection, I noticed dead bugs and burn holes throughout the room. The kids were really excited to stay at the beach, and we moms were thoroughly disgusted with the place. I went back to the front desk to explain what was going on. Like others, I was told there wasn't any other available rooms. I asked that they put us somewhere else, and that was "against their policy".

We never removed our shoes that entire trip (even while sleeping), except when we were out on the beach. I was terrified to look at the sheets (thankfully we'd brought our own blankets which we placed on top of the bed and wrapped ourselves in. Even the pool was filthy, with grit, grime and sand covering the floor. For some reason I found myself in the basement where the pretend workout room was. Truly it reminded me of some terrible scene from Criminal Minds - as in dark and creepy with the only light coming from a single dangling bulb.

If there is anything (and man am I racking my brain) positive to say about the place is for one hour while the kids played poolside, the hotel had arranged to have a DJ there who had fun activities/contests that the kids could get into - like races and stuff. BUT TRUST ME WHEN I SAY, THAT - BY NO MEANS, MADE UP FOR THE FILTH AND NASTINESS...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

If you are desparate, and there are no other hotel rooms available, this is a possible place to stay for the night. Front desk staff was nice. Decor was bizarre in the lobby and very old school. First given a room on the 4th floor. The elevator opened and the smell hit us -- it just smelled awful, but I don't know what it was. Went to our room, but the keys wouldn't work. That was just as well, since there were lots of noises coming from the rooms nearby. Went back downstairs to complain, and were given a room on the 7th floor. This time, no smell coming out of the elevator. Hall was quiet, but carpeting really dirty, ugly and worn. Just tacky and old and dirty all around. The room itself was passable to stay the night. The sheets were clean -- we could tell because they had black lights conveniently mounted above the beds near the ceiling. The mattress was surprisingly comfortable. But I just can't recommend this place. Overall, a lack of cleanliness, extreme wear and tear. Smell on the 4th floor was nauseating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Desert Inn Resort? Share your experiences!