“Needs TLC terribly!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Quarters Resort

Save Saved
You added Beach Quarters Resort to your Saves list
Beach Quarters Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3711 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32127 (Formerly The Beach Quarters Resort)   |
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Needs TLC terribly!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have never done this, but after renting an efficiency unit at this resort I just have to let people know. The location is great and the resort has great potential. However! At some point someone needs to say, "It's time to shut down and renovate!" Worn out building, decrepit pool area, dirty balcony furniture, etc. The pics online are very deceiving and without MAJOR cleanup/renovations I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. A place can be old, but there is no excuse for being dirty and smelly.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here until it is renovated.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a last minute hotel deal in Daytona and read some of the reviews and figured we would try it out for the price. We were pleasantly surprised. The oceanfront suite was just perfect for us. We relaxed on the couch with the sliding glass door open and we could here the waves crashing. It was so relaxing and comfortable. Although the building is old, they keep it quite clean, and it is roomy. The bed is comfortable, and they had the kitchen was stocked with things I didn't expect to find. For the price, you can't beat it. I highly recommend it for a nice getaway especially young couples with small children. I couldn't tell how the pool was, from the balcony it didn't look that great, but we didn't care since we didn't swim.

Room Tip: Ask for beachfront, it's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was unforunate in that I booked this as one of those "blind" deals from a leading reservation site. Although the ratings system said it was comparable to a "Holiday Inn Express" or "Wingate," I can ASSURE you it's not the same.

I just checked in a short time ago, and there is no one on site (the office closes at 5). So, i can't complain, i can't get my money back, because I'm locked into staying here because of this website's rules.

The Hotel is OLD. VERY OLD. The room I'm in is in need of the the following:
1) a thorough vacuuming. (There is visible dirt on the floor) Please, for your own good, don't look under the couches, as it will SCARE you!!!!!
2) a basic bathroom cleaning (black mold/mildew on the tub caulking and grout
3) A PAINT JOB (the walls are FILTHY looking)
4) a KITCHEN cleaning (it's just grimy)
5) SCENTED OILS!!!! (the room just smells dirty)
6) SAFETY CHECKS (I see a pipe coming down out of the ceiling in the bathroom... could it be a disabled sprinkler head??????)
7) SECURITY: The door to the building is supposed to be locked, but it will hardly shut.

If you have any taste, desires for a clean hotel, or modern accomodations, STAY AWAY FROM BEACH QUARTERS!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Clermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I thought it had a beautiful view, the suite was very charming and accommadating.

Room Tip: very top corner rooms are best
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed here Dec 2 through Dec 16 2011. We paid 36+tax per nite. We had room 305. The price was right. The stay was great once we cleaned everything in the kitchen. Once that was all done we enjoyed our other 13 days there. I would defineltly recommened this hotel. I was VERY scared to book here with all the other bad reviews. But we took a chance and didnt regret it!!! The room was perfect!! I recommed that if you stay to take the riverview room. It is MUCH bigger and less worn than the ocean front rooms. Dont let all the bad reviews steer you clear. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

this condo has all the amenties to make you feel at home and it is right on the beach.
maria and staff are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
High Point, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We booked though Expedia & got a GREAT DEAL, we stayed 4 nights (10/21-10/25)... It was My husband,Myself & our two kids. I was a little concerned at first because of the reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. We stayed in room 406. We felt right at home there. I don't like getting woken up or bothered when I'm on Vacation so it was Great. If we needed something all we had to do was ask. We had a river view room. It was so nice & Big. I did ask to see one of the ocean view rooms on the last day we where there just to check them out. The receptionist did inform me that there are only Queen beds on the ocean view side. The room we saw was smaller then our room so if your looking for a more spacious room I would go with a double bed room.We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are Picky about the little stuff ... Don't pick this place. They don't Bug you. If yo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Beach Quarters Resort? Share your experiences!