“great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Somerset, Massachusetts
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

If you're looking for a hotel in the Daytona Beach area I would suggest the courtyard marriott in Daytona Beach. Very friendly staff and an exceptionally clean Hotel. It is minutes from the speedway and only a ten min ride to the beach area. You have plenty of area restaurants close by.only thing I didnt like was no free coffee or juice in the morning. The hotel has a Starbucks in the lobby so you have to pay. Also breakfast was coslty there and I would suggest a local spot for breakfast. But all in all its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balconie. The morning Florida air is rewarding
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Marriott Hotels in Daytona Beach, FL. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time to give us this great feedback. As you can imagine, in our industry, we tend to only hear about unpleasant experiences when they occur. It is refreshing to hear positive feedback regarding the service you received from our team here in Daytona Beach. All of our associates are truly dedicated to providing outstanding service to ensure guests such as yourself continue to be loyal to our hotels as well as to the Marriott brands. You can be sure that these comments will be passed along to all of our associates, making sure that they receive recognition for their dedication to service!

Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Alex Freid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I am by no means a world traveller BUT spend a few weeks a year in hotels. The staff at this property were by far the friendliest most helpful of any hotel I have ever stayed in. We spent 4 nights during the Daytona 500 weekend 2014....the busiest possible time and not once did we ever feel we were rushed or putting them out in any way. \the rooms are spacious and clean. \the food in the lobby restaurant was good. The location was perfect for race goers. The only negative would be the price....as it was race weekend the price jumped from $139/night to $395...crazy BUT for the location and the amazing staff...I would pay it again next trip!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courytard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us this past February as well as for taking the time out of your day to post your positive feedback regarding your visit.

Your experiences with great service are typical of our team in Daytona Beach. We pride ourselves on being the best hotel in the Daytona beach market and we are happy to hear that you were able to experience that yourself. Like you stated, we are conveniently located near the airport and Daytona International Speedway, which makes us a perfect location for special events such as the Daytona 500, or any other NASCAR event.

Thank you for choosing Marriott for your travel needs. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed in this property prior to a cruise out of Port Canaveral. It was just ok. I paid $95 using a AAA discount. Check-in was quick and easy and the agent had good dinner recommendations. The room was a bit small but clean. The towels were paper thin and the hotel didn't provide any body lotion which, to me, is a very basic amenity. The lighting in the toilet/bath section of the bathroom is a sickly yellow - it seems to be a standard at Courtyards. I didn't not use any of the F&B services with the exception of buying a Starbucks in the morning - it was a fine cup of coffee.

I stay in a lot of hotels as a leisure traveler and I'm just not convinced that the Courtyard product is one that I enjoy.

Room Tip: I requested, and was given, a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Daytona Beach area. Also, thank you taking the time to give us your feedback and assist us in making our hotel even better!

As I am happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us, I am disappointed that your stay was not excellent. We truly pride ourselves on being one of the best hotels in the Daytona Beach area. Our staff goes above and beyond every day to ensure our guests have a fantastic experience while staying with us. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not fantastic.

If you are ever traveling back to the Daytona Beach area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at alex.freid@marriott.com or at (386) 255-3388. I would love the opportunity to personally ensure your next stay is a fantastic one.

Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Coral Springs, Florida,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great location, great service and clean! We stayed in suite which was spectacular. Nothing crazy just simple and roomy. There was 4 of us and we were comfortable for 2 nights. I recommend for bike week, biketoberfest, or even just a place to stay and enjoy the city. You are like a block away from W International Speedway Blvd where there are tons of restaurants, shopping plazas and well obviously the speed way...

Room Tip: Room 208 is one of the suites. Good area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your positive experience.

As you mentioned, our hotel is very centrally located, being close to the airport, the Daytona International Speedway, restaurants, shopping, and only a short drive to the beach. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the great location during the special event, Bike Week.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you in the very near future!

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked at the last minute and received a great rate. The room was very clean and fresh clean towels which is always good. A nice quit location too!

We just needed a get away from very busy schedule and although we only stayed one night it did the job. Slept in late no noises or annoyances to bother with. Check outed a little later which they allowed.

The Hotel is somewhat secluded and that was good for it meant for a quiet environment yet it was a safe environment.

Room Tip: If you want a cooler hallway stay on the 3rd. floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and also, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.com. It is always great to hear positive feedback, as it reinforces the efforts that our team puts forth every day to make our hotel great.

As you mentioned, our location is ideal for a nice, relaxing stay, outside of the busy streets, but close enough to have access to all that you need while visiting.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future!

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

From the moment I walked in the door at 1:30 am on Friday morning, I was thrilled. William, the front desk host, was so accommodating and pleasant. I had been traveling for almost 9 hours and truly appreciated his welcoming personality. Quick check in, asked if there was anything he could to for me as I looked pretty worn out which was so nice just to be asked. The room was good, it had it's own temp control which I really appreciate. I know it sounds dumb, but the TV was easy to operate, no "special menus" just to find the local news station! I was only in Dayton for 3 days for parents weekend at Embry Riddle, but The Courtyard made my stay so nice. They have a great little "bistro" that has pretty good food, they've got a good selection of beer to purchase from the front desk (perfect cap to my late night arrival!) and it's right next to the college. The rooms are clean, every single staff member was fantastic! We were even able to borrow a phone charger from the front desk--NO CHARGE!- when my son realized he had forgotten his in his dorm room. Highly recommend this hotel and it's awesome staff.

Room Tip: There are only 2 suites, but the regular rooms are quite adequate.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as for taking the time out of your day to write such a fantastic review!

As you can imagine, in our industry, we tend to always hear about when a guest has a negative experience. It is always very refreshing to hear from guests when they have great expereinces. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our staff, with special recognition going to William for providing you with outstanding service during your stay.

If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please let us know. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the very near future!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed 3 nights for business with nearby Embry Riddle University. The hotel is located 5 minutes from the airport and the shuttle runs on-demand 24 hrs. Due to the Atlanta snowstorm, my flight into Daytona didn't arrive until 3:00 am so I was grateful for the quick van service. The University is walking distance. (Others in my group reported that they had arranged for the hotel van to drop them off.). Friendly employees thru-out the stay.

Other than the front desk, entrances require a key card to get in, 24 hours a day, so that is good security-wise. I also appreciated the front desk clerk at check in handing me my key packet without that dreaded verbal announcement of my room number - there was a crowd of people checking in and that is always an uncomfortable feeling to have your room number shouted out to strangers. Thank you for writing it on the key packet and saying -" here is your room number, take the hallway to the left. "

Wifi signal (free) was strong and reliable. See quibble below.

Room was clean, amenities in place, and no neighbor noise- quiet.

Got a take-out sandwich combo from the lobby cafe and it was good.

My only quibble about the stay is not about the hotel itself: it is the Marriott "corporate" wifi selection screen.
To be clear, as above, the free wifi service was great. Marriott also offers an upgrade to faster service for an extra $4.95 per day. When you go to the free wifi log in screen to enter your name and room number, you are presented with both alternatives. When you select "free", the next screen appears that says " confirm you want upgraded wifi for 4.95 per day" with a large font and large button. Below, a very tiny type and button says, " no, just go to the free wifi". An unsuspecting person, or a person in a hurry, who intends to get the free ( very adequate) wifi can unintentionally click to confirm what is probably then automatically, instantly, charged to their room.
As straightforward as everything else seems to be about this chain, and with this particular hotel, this attempted little "trap" seems cheesy. I hope whoever from Marriott corporate reads this, that you will take it to heart and review the policy. Its like me ordering the tuna sandwich at the lobby bistro, and the cashier saying, "ok, confirm that you want the filet mignon?" And then I have to say, "no, just the tuna sandwich, please." It just does not make sense and it creates a bit of badwill....when everything else about the chain is so good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your busy day to give us such a great review!

The safety and security of our guests is a major priority for us and we do all that we can to ensure our guests' information, including their room number, is kept confidential and secure. I am happy to hear that your experience at our Front Desk was to your liking and fell within our standard operating procedures.

Also, with regards to our internet service, I wanted to thank you for bringing the issue of the login page to our attention. We just upgrated our system last year and we are still working out all of the minor details. Feedback such as this is greatly appreciated and we will discuss the login page and its possible deceiving methond with our internet provider.

It is always great to hear positive feedback. Please, rest assured, your comments will be shared with our team and they will be recognized for their hard work and dedication toward making your stay an enjoyable one.

Please come visit us again soon... we look forward to serving you in the future!

Alex Freid

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!