“Good place for business stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Good place for business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed 3 nights for business with nearby Embry Riddle University. The hotel is located 5 minutes from the airport and the shuttle runs on-demand 24 hrs. Due to the Atlanta snowstorm, my flight into Daytona didn't arrive until 3:00 am so I was grateful for the quick van service. The University is walking distance. (Others in my group reported that they had arranged for the hotel van to drop them off.). Friendly employees thru-out the stay.

Other than the front desk, entrances require a key card to get in, 24 hours a day, so that is good security-wise. I also appreciated the front desk clerk at check in handing me my key packet without that dreaded verbal announcement of my room number - there was a crowd of people checking in and that is always an uncomfortable feeling to have your room number shouted out to strangers. Thank you for writing it on the key packet and saying -" here is your room number, take the hallway to the left. "

Wifi signal (free) was strong and reliable. See quibble below.

Room was clean, amenities in place, and no neighbor noise- quiet.

Got a take-out sandwich combo from the lobby cafe and it was good.

My only quibble about the stay is not about the hotel itself: it is the Marriott "corporate" wifi selection screen.
To be clear, as above, the free wifi service was great. Marriott also offers an upgrade to faster service for an extra $4.95 per day. When you go to the free wifi log in screen to enter your name and room number, you are presented with both alternatives. When you select "free", the next screen appears that says " confirm you want upgraded wifi for 4.95 per day" with a large font and large button. Below, a very tiny type and button says, " no, just go to the free wifi". An unsuspecting person, or a person in a hurry, who intends to get the free ( very adequate) wifi can unintentionally click to confirm what is probably then automatically, instantly, charged to their room.
As straightforward as everything else seems to be about this chain, and with this particular hotel, this attempted little "trap" seems cheesy. I hope whoever from Marriott corporate reads this, that you will take it to heart and review the policy. Its like me ordering the tuna sandwich at the lobby bistro, and the cashier saying, "ok, confirm that you want the filet mignon?" And then I have to say, "no, just the tuna sandwich, please." It just does not make sense and it creates a bit of badwill....when everything else about the chain is so good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your busy day to give us such a great review!

The safety and security of our guests is a major priority for us and we do all that we can to ensure our guests' information, including their room number, is kept confidential and secure. I am happy to hear that your experience at our Front Desk was to your liking and fell within our standard operating procedures.

Also, with regards to our internet service, I wanted to thank you for bringing the issue of the login page to our attention. We just upgrated our system last year and we are still working out all of the minor details. Feedback such as this is greatly appreciated and we will discuss the login page and its possible deceiving methond with our internet provider.

It is always great to hear positive feedback. Please, rest assured, your comments will be shared with our team and they will be recognized for their hard work and dedication toward making your stay an enjoyable one.

Please come visit us again soon... we look forward to serving you in the future!

Alex Freid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed here for a race..the rate would have been $399 but I was able to use my rewards, thank goodness. If I had to pay that I would have been disappointed. I have been to some wonderful Courtyards, this one was just OK. The location to the speedway is fantastic. They offered a shuttle service to the track, as well. Our room was very small. We had a king with a pull out sofabed. The King bed was perfect and comfy but the pullout mattress was so ridiculously thin! We would have complained but our three year old son was so tired, he didn't care. The linens were fresh and clean smelling, but the heavy blanket had holes all over it. Not sure if they were cigarette burns or it was eaten by moths! The room/hotel was impeccably clean, but they need to replace/add some of the furnishings. No docking station or USB ports, either. Had to charge our phones through the only USB port we happened to find on the back of the tv.

Room Tip: The front desk service was lovely! Very friendly!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you as well as taking the time to complete this review of our hotel.

We pride ourselves on our outstanding service and high-quality product. It is nice to hear that you were able to experience some of that while you were staying with us. Unfortunately, it seems like you were dissatisfied with the furnishings in the room as well as some of the bed linens. Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction. This is not our normal level of product that we provide to our guests each and every day.

Please come back and visit us again soon! When you do, please let me know you are coming so I can personally ensure your stay is perfect.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Cornelius, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just stayed at two different marriott vacation clubs and threw in one day here before heading home to stop at Daytona beach. Was pleasantly surprised how nice of a stay we had. Nice room and staff was excellent (especially ken at the check in). Will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed January 2014
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your day to give us this great review. Our team takes pride with ensuring our guests leave with a smile on their face. I will make sure to share your comments regards the hotel, the staff, and Ken with the rest of the team.

Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We made reservations using my platinum "status" due to the hotel being sold-out for the holidays so the fact we could get a room was a score but I also reserved 1 of the 3 nights with points. Being a holiday the other two were unavailable with points. But I was good with getting A room ANY room booking early in November! One catch was we were told we could only have our 1 bedroom suite for the 1st night then 3of us and2 cats would have to move to a studio. I was still OKwith this.

When we arrived the front desk staff was very nice but the following morning, Bill, at the front desk, said he would do his best to make our stay comfortable. Boy did he!!

Not only did we get to remain in the one bedroom unit all 3 days but when I received the hotel receipt under the door I was only charged for incidentals. All 3 nights were on points as I had wanted originally! AWESOME!

The hotel is super clean. Great breakfast. RIGHT on Intl Speedway Blvd next to Daytona Speedway and Daytona Intl Airport. But is as quiet as a forest!

The staff is friendly and I highly recommend for a Courtyard!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Good Afternoon...

Thank you for choosing Marriott for your recent visit to the Daytona Beach area. There are a lot of options for accommodations, and we are thankful that you appreciate the quality and service you receive with Marriott.

I am not sure if your review should be with Courtyard or if it should have been posted on Residence Inn. You mentioned that you had a Studio, which not a room type at Courtyard, but it is a room type at Residence Inn. Also, Bill is one of our Front Desk associates at Residence Inn.

Regardless, I am the General Manager for both hotels and we operate with mostly the same team. It is no surprise that you had a great stay (at either hotel) because our team goes above and beyond every day, Bill included.

Again, thank you for choosing Marriott in Daytona Beach. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future.

Lafayette, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Apparently there was a race event during my stay. The parking lot was completely full, with trucks and trailers taking up a lot of the parking spots. I barely found a parking spot upon arrival. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was comfortable. Just like all Courtyards, breakfast was an additional charge, but it was good. I ordered french toast w/strawberries and a side of bacon. Overall, this was a quick but good stay, but compared to other Courtyards I have stayed at, the rate was too high. I'm sure this was b/c of the demand for the weekend. Hotel is virtually right on the airport property, so it is very convenient to flying in and out. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for the great review. It is always refreshing to hear great comments about our friendly staff, great food and convenient location.

There was a car show in the area during that timeframe, which is what drove the room rate a little higher. It is actually a special event in the area and most of the hotels do sell out.

Again, thank you for the great review! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed here for Thanksgiving while visiting our family. We were happy with the stay. The employees were extremely friendly and helpful. The location was great. The atmosphere at the hotel was warm and comforting. I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for choosing Courtyard for your accommodations while visiting your family in Daytona Beach this past week.

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service to all of our guests. This is one of the things that we, at Marriott, do best. We hire the best associates to ensure our guests are happy. It is nice to hear that you were able to experience our great service while in Daytona Beach.

We hope you choose Marriott for all of your future travels, whether in Daytona Beach or anywhere else your tavels may take you. Thank you!

Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Over all the stay was very pleasant. We did however have to change our room. There was nothing wrong with the room. We changed because of a very loud vibrating sound coming from the stairwell I think from the water pipes. It would start and stop randomly. Once we were moved everything was fine. We would stay here again. The shuttle took me to the mail and picked me up again. A the staff were very friendly. It was a business trip for my husband and I got to relax and be pampered.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairwell. Hopefully the noise has stopped.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us during your trip to Daytona Beach and thank you for the great review!

So you are aware, the noise you heard in the stairwell was a compressor motor for the sprinkler pipes. We recently discovered that the storage tank had a small leak and the motor was running longer and more often than it should have been. That tank has been replaced as of last week, resolving the issue. I am sorry you had to experience this but I am happy to hear that our staff found you accommodations to your liking.

Please come back and visit us again the future when you travel to the Daytona Beach area!

Alex Freid

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!