“Enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Plymouth, New Hampshire
“Enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here while checking our son into his college dorm @Embry-Riddle Univ. Very convenient to college (almost literally right on campus). Very clean - beds comfortable. We will definitely stay here again. Note: This hotel is also within a short distance (less than 1 mile) of the race track. Plenty of restaurants / shopping nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for giving us your business during your recent visit to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. We know there are a lot of choices out there with regards to hotels and we are happy that you chose Marriott!

It is great to hear that your experience was a great one. We are definitely extremely close to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, being across the street from a couple of academic buildings as well as adjacent to some of their athletic fields. We value our relationship with the university as well as all of the students, prospective studens, and visiting families. Our location is ideal for people visiting the university as well as any other location in Daytona Beach, with quick access to the airport as well as our proximity to restaurants, entertainment and all of the Daytona Beach attractions.

Thank you, again, for choosing Marriott! We look forward to serving you in the future!

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel adjoins the Daytona Beach Airport and the Sppedway. Since race season was over before we stayed, it was uncrowded and quiet. Extremely helpful front desk staff, good housekeeping, and great beds. They have a happy hour witrh limited food service in the evening, with a nice area in which to enjoy it. The internet access was strong and reliable.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor, overlooking the courtyard. Cheers for a great outdoor hot tub.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Marriott for your recent visit to Daytona Beach! Also, thank you for the wonderful review you posted on TripAdvisor.

Our team works tirelessly each day to ensure our guests have a problem-free and enjoyable stay while on their visit to Daytona Beach. It is nice to hear that you were able to experience all that we have to offer and see firsthand how great our team is.

Thank you again for your business! Please come back and see us again!

Mason, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and this is the first I can say the bugs won. Two trips to Africa and there were more bugs in my room then anything I saw over there. Won't be staying here again

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I am terribly sorry for the most recent experience you had at our hotel. It is our goal to ensure all guest leave here with having a great experience and I am sorry that we were unable to provide that for you.

I would love the opportunity to get more information on the issue you experienced here at the hotel as well as the response you had from our staff. Please contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 255-3388 and let me know more information about the incident.

I would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Realizing that you did not have a pleasant experience with us prior, if you do travel back to Daytona Beach, please contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to see that your experience with us is flawless.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and find it clean and comfortable . The staff is fairly helpful. The rooms are nice and room service is good. An excellent location to shop. Lovely sitting area to sit and relax.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us, as well as all of the previous times you have stayed with us in the past. We love to hear when our guests come back and are able to enjoy the great service and amenities we offer in Daytona Beach. Our staff is truly one of the best with which I have ever worked, and it is no surprise that you have had such good experiences when staying with us.

If there is anything with which I can assist you in the future, please feel free to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 255-3388. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Venice, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have been coming to this hotel for four years. My daughter attends Embry Riddle Aeronautical University juand plays on the college volleyball team. My last stay this past weekend was just a little disappointing. They have sompletely done away with the free coffee for guests in the morning. Previously they had it out for a short time in the early morning, but then pulled it to promote "selling" Starbucks in the new "Bistro". No more creamers either! I had trouble with a/c in first room. Was told it was fixed, but when I returned later in the day, it was sitll the same. They moved me to another room...left for a while, when returned, a/c not working in the second room! It was late, I was tired, they sent a houseman up, but he couldn't do anything and just left....that was it. At least a little bit of cool air was coming out so I just gave up and went to bed. May be looking at the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn next time...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for your continued business over the past four years while your daughter has been attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University! We truly value your continued business and would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

It is disappointing to hear that your stay was not to your expectations. With regards to complimentary coffee in our lobby, yes, that program was stopped earlier this year. As more and more Courtyard hotels transition to offer Starbucks in the Bistro, Marriott has transitioned the brand to move in that direction. It is also upsetting to me that we were unable to address your air condiitioning issues in your room. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have an outstanding experience while staying with us and leave completely satisfied. I am sorry that we did not meet that goal with your experience.

Your last experience is not to our regular standard, as you probably know having stayed with us for the past four years. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you. Please contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 255-3388 when you are planning a trip to Daytona Beach in the future. It would be my pleasure to personally ensure your stay, experience and satisfaction exceed what you expect with a Marriott hotel.

I look forward to meeting you and getting the opportunity to win your loyalty back!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a great hotel. The staff was so friendly at check in and the lobby is so spacious and beautifully decorated. The room is the standard setup but looks recently updated with a lovely color scheme and the beds are super comfy. The pool is large and has ample seating for a splash when you are not at the beach which is a short 15 min away. Marriott is my hotel chain of choice and this location didn't let me down. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for staying with us as well as taking the time to put your great experience up on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to hear that our staff made your experience a memorable one. From the check-in process to the room layout to the central location, we were able to provide you with everything you needed to make your trip a success!

Again, thank you for your continued patronage with Marriott Hotels. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Canton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. No downside that I know of. Great value. There is a nice breakfast and lunch bar. Pool is nice. Shopping across from Speedway. Lots for everyone. Short drive to beach. The staff really goes all out to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time to put such wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.

Our staff is truly dedicated to ensuring our guests have everything they need for a great stay. It is very nice to hear that you were able to experience this great service. Also, you had mentioned our central location, which is a key element to making sure our guests are able to have quick and easy access to all the key spots in Daytona Beach, such as the Speedway, the airport, shopping, dining, and the world famous Daytona Beach.

If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please feel free to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 255-3388. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Alex Freid

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!