“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent three nights at the hotel for the Florida Afican American Museum Network Conference. I was pleasantly suprised at the clean rooms and top notch service. The front desk staff were very nice and efficient. Housekeeping was top notch and even offered toothpaste and other extra amenities without request. If I needed to call down for any reason, the staff were attentive and responsive. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend the hotel as an affordable and beautiful place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a second or third floor room for extra peace and quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Marriott in Daytona Beach, FL. Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. Our team works very hard to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful experience while staying with us. It is always nice to hear the great comments from guests who truly appreciate that effort. Thank you!

If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please let us know.

Alex Freid

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We had never been to Daytona Beach before. Travel tip: don't go! The town is nothing more than a rundown (really rundown) has been (way has been) spring break destination. This hotel was an oasis. Very nice. Better part of town - near the race track and airport. Rooms were nice, new and clean. Staff was super nice. Great place. Value was my only 4/5 stars.

• Stayed March 2013
Firenze, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a corporate property by Marriott....extremely well-run. It was an overnight stay for us but also the first time ever at a Courtyard. Not exactly right off of the Interstate 95....but not far either.....about 4km. Extremely clean and attractive hotel and we also had a quick dinner since we arrived quite late. Nice food and good choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I spent five fantastic nights at the Courtyard Marriott – Daytona Beach at the end of February on a business trip. I arrived a Monday evening around 6:30pm and was promptly checked-in and inside my spacious room within 10 minutes of arrival. I got room 307 which is on the third floor with a fantastic view of the Daytona Beach International Airport runway which is just what I requested.

The Room
The room was very spacious with a King Size bed, couch, work table, wardrobe, chest of drawers, air-conditioning, ample lighting, high speed internet cable and WiFi, ironing board, iron, safe and flat screen television. I only discovered on my last night there that there was a refrigerator in the room, hidden away in a cupboard adjacent to the bed. Certain rooms at the hotel have balconies and luckily I scooped one of them. The views were stunning.

Hotel Services & Facilities
The hotel provides a complimentary 24HR shuttle service to Daytona Beach International Airport. In addition, they take guests wherever they require within a 2 mile radius of the hotel from 7am to 6pm. There is a gym, swimming pool and hot tub, business centre, Bistro Restaurant and also a little convenience store within reception with lots of drinks and snacks including ice cream, bottled water, frozen pizza etc. Any toiletries which a guest may need they can obtain from the front desk as well. Housekeeping was done daily and very effectively.

Location
The hotel is located on Richard Petty Blvd off the International Speedway. There are several restaurants within walking distance including McDonalds, Wendy’s Burger King, Denny’s, Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden. The Volusia Mall is a 10 minute walk from the front desk and there are more restaurants there. The location is also first-rate for those needing to visit the campus of the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

Final Thoughts
Next time I travel to this area of Daytona Beach I will most certainly stay at this Courtyard Marriott. They have very high standards and the service was excellent all-round. Let me say a special thank you to Shamora, Francine, Fred and Brandon. You are all stars and an absolute credit to Marriott International. Keep up the excellent work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with a balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in a king room. This Courtyard has the new lobby and the hotel is in good shape. The room was standard Courtyard and bed was comfortable. The Internet in the room worked well and the cable has HD channels. My only complaints in the room was the poor water pressure from the "spray" pattern in the sink and a noisy AC unit.

The courtyard was nice with plenty of places to sit and relax.

The Bistro was okay,but the first time I went for breakfast there was nobody behind the counter (I waited 5 minutes). I also didn't understand why they didn't have free coffee out in the lobby like all other Courtyards.

The desk staff was friendly and accommodating.

Even with the small complaints, I would recommend this Courtyard.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Spent only one night to visit the beach before heading north...Great employees, nice rooms and wonderful location! Will definitely visit again if I get the opportunity as the beach is always a calling for us. A lot of restaurants nearby, we took a motorcycle rental along the strip and had a very good nights rest back at the hotel! Keep up the great job...Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Miami and stopped in Daytona without reservations. We just took a chance on this location. Good choice! The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating. If we ever need to return to Daytona, THIS will be our choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!